How do we know if we modify our car LEGALLY?

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007
Re: How do we know if we modified our car LEGALLY?

white halogen bulb is illegal since many years before.....even front or side signal also cannot in white color...

only oem HID is legal la...you install HID urself oso illegal unless u sent ur car for puspakom test, then its ok.

bout ekzos, they will only check it if your car make noise...if u pass the road block silently or slight noisy, guess they wont kacau u.

and before they saman, try to talk to them la...can be discuss one...talk in polite way la...
Hi bro huakenny... Thanks for the input bro. It's true that I admit the HID is already against the law...just that I thought it is legalized from some newspapers...guess sooner or later they will "open" a bit on the regulation and have the HID passed in a control manner... Hmm...good suggestion, as I could take my ride to Puspakom to have it looked looked...

For the exhaust...man I wasn't even step on the gas pedal...only like 30 km/h or less when I "cruised" to the spot... SIGH... Ialor...will certainly talk in polite way...if I was given the chance...

Anyway bro...thanks again... HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008.

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007

ha.. i know y u got saman for the exhaust..
its bcoz of the police woman.. if police man maybe (maybe lar..) not kena..
Hi bro Maxx...it might be true bro... Sometimes male understand more towards car lar...(I'm not saying female don't know nothing but...most of the times...guys appear to be more understanding...)... Too bad they sent the woman...SIGH...too bad I wasn't handsome enough... Haa Haa...:hmmmm:

Thanks bro!

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007

woman easier to talk somemore ma....can tease n kacau abit...no saman maybe...

maybe he carry his wife/gf, so no nego for it :rofl: (joking)
Hi bro huakenny... I agreed with you bro... May be the policewoman thought: Walau...so old already with 30 years of age, hair-losing, fat fella still pretending to be young by driving such VROOM VROOM car.......I thought...I thought...the driver is young one...can "hook up" a bit...how could it be????? Even I don't to give "saman" but this one deserved it! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007

no harm done and i hope u are not disturbed by my way of typing out things which are quite straight forward :biggrin: hehehehe...

yeah authorities as well as bank alike all are but mostly are the same as it used to be, we just have to get things to our own hands sometimes.

good for u E3 is one of my fav vehicles too but sadly kenot afford such classics :sleep:
Hi bro fstrader... No problem...I guess I know what you mean by the time I read your posted reply... I never thought of that way...may be this it SO MUCH or SO FAR our place could go...or reach :thumpdown:. Just have to start getting used to it... :frown:

As the matter of fact...my favorite is FD...too bad due to my size...(178cm with more than 100KG) can't squeeze into the car...plus the reason that here in Kuching...not much mechanic really could handle rotary engine...so... Also...road conditions here really SUCKS!!!! Man..."heart painful" if my FD kena all those bumps and holes... So...just take E3 since most of the parts could be replaced with PROTON...so save a lot lar... :smile:

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007

Hi bro yeehau86...

topic starter
take note that those BMW / M-Benz / Honda Civic, Accord are equipped with 4300K bulb temperature HID which is yellowish white, therefore it's perfectly 100% legal...anything above 6000k (pure white) is totally illegal because those bulbs above 6000k are either blue-ish white or purple, which are not allowed since it is dangerous to both of the driver and upcoming traffic..

That's what my mechanic (who also kena "saman" until scared) told me...there are many different HID as clarified from brightness... But he also mentioned that...just how many authorities will bring a brightness tester (if they have any) to the road block to test all the white headlights? Just cannot LOOK ONLY then concluded yours is legal and mine is not...or vice versa... But the rest...bro...I am totally with you...because I once I drove my wife's Kelisa...and a Toyota Hilux with HID behind me...man...I told you...almost got my eyes blinded...:motz:

by the way, what is your bulb type? r u using H4 type? if H4 type, it should be equipped with Hi/Lo beam. Therefore you can switch to high beam (yellow light) when there's police / road block in front u...i am using 6000k and do it everytime got JPJ block or traffic block..managed to escape everytime...so u do not need to remove your HID since it is nice ^_^

Yes H4 type... Exactly like what my mechanic said...he was looking into the headlights now and try to have it done with further modification... Try to get a sport light bulbs into the headlamp compartment...with extra switch... See BLOCK...disable the HID (High / Low Beam)...even if they came into your car and started twisting things...the HID just won't ON...only the yellow sport light bulbs... After they got enough fun...let you go...you can turn back your HID again... Well...hope he succeeded on that experiment on my ride...

it depends your luck la anyway because during near festival days, they will come out to 'cari makan', so u must beware lor...they wan to get 'side income' ma...so u will notice they won't summon u on the spot,they will 'indirectly' ask you how u wan to settle,true? therefore although my 6000k is legal, they will also say it is illegal because it will grant them 'cash'

I agreed bro. My luck really SUEI that night...almost 12 already and still kena...plus it's Christmas Eve...with my wife after having dinner from friend's party...with love songs and Christmas songs playing... SIGH... All mood gone already... They didn't even ask anything bro...just said, "Boss...saya nak saman..." then walked away...without letting me speak to them...
Anyway bro...thanks for the suggestion... HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007

so 'good' ar the police? maybe your luck really bad cuz seldom got police who dowan money...how come your H4 bulb didn't come with Hi/Lo beam? it should have originally equipped when u bought them...unless u take both beam HID
happy new year..no prob

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Kenny, if you said white halogen bulb is illegal but in JPJ website it says that it's legal...??? What's true and what's not???:hmmmm: Really confusing here....

Yeehau, you are from Seremban?? Never saw your car wan? What do you drive?

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com

supposed police cannot saman for the exhaust n light rite?
coz its under jpj.
wrong?

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006

this is a good question..
but as far as i know..
police will ask u for duit kopi..
if can't, then maybe they'll saman u for 'membahayakan pengguna jalan raya yg lain'..

jst my 2cents.. :)

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site

Kenny, if you said white halogen bulb is illegal but in JPJ website it says that it's legal...??? What's true and what's not???:hmmmm: Really confusing here....

its illegal lo as far as i know...

coz las time i owes deal wit traffic dept...owes sit inside so they tell me...even where n when they set blok i oso know.

but now i not in tat field, so no more ideas...

if u see jpj/trafic set block, as long as ur light is not the original one (headlight,signal,reverse,plate number)...most probably they wil stop u.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007

ya,from seremban..driving the car below my signature la...with HID

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia

ya,from seremban..driving the car below my signature la...with HID
Bro, by looking at your signature only, my eyes got blinded a little bit by your HID beam la :biggrin: . I hope you to drive faster on the road to reduce the damage done to peoples' eyes.

Why yours different than mine? Mine seems to be a lot more 'softer' than yours.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007

supposed police cannot saman for the exhaust n light rite?
coz its under jpj.
wrong?
hehe not really...the police here sed 'jpj is jpj, police is police' and then theyll issue u a christmas card...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007

Hi Bro FVel...thanks for the suggestion. I went to the police department today...guess what? THEIR SYSTEM IS DOWN!!!! WALAU EH!!!!!! Hope they won't ask me to look for Puspakom or JPJ if I demanded some detail regulations or guidelines...push me to here then push me to there...you know lar...they are very clever in pushing techniques...

You mean the cops manning the counter do not know which section of the law under which they charged you and had to rely on some defective computer system to tell them ? That's just f**king great.

By the way, they are not suppose to refer you to Puspakom or JPJ for that info. You were charged by that police department and you made a valid request for disclosure from the same department. You are legally entitled to that info and that officer who wrote you up have to produce the section of the law which she used to charge you. If she does not know, then she has no business to write you that summons in the first place.

If you keep quiet, they get a freehand. Be polite but be firm. Never be rude. Ask questions and let them know you are not a pushover and in turn you will keep them on their toes and force them to rise their own standards. As I said, just tell them you want to be sure of the law so you don't want to fall foul of it again and tell them you want to know what you needed to do to make the car legal and for that purpose, you need the officer to tell you exactly what the law said. Be warned...that once you start saying that they will automatically go on the defensive because they will know they are dealing with a cool customer. So it's important you are never rude to them and give them some hormat to also make things easier for them.

I use to buy stuff from overseas, and Customs can sometimes be a pain in the arse with some unprofessional officer. What I normally do is borrow my friend's viewcam (before I bought mine) and made sure they see I'm recording. It's amazing how polite and professional they suddenly become when they know they are under scrutiny.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone,

i wanna ask all BC V1 coilover owner. Do you....

* feel bumpy even on straight road with hard setting (I am feel like riding a horse now)
* have soft weird squeaking noise (like rubber rubbing on each other)
* have a one weird knocking sound when full right steering turn

i am experiencing all the above on my 2007 swift sport , sound from front right.is it faulty and gone case?
what setting are you currently at for front and rear?
Are you using BC spring 4KG / part...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience