Full List of Cars We Protect

allic

Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by NoName@Feb 17 2005, 23:09
Hi all,

Just to add on the back up battery option. I think its not necessary.
To share my thoughts, if the thief can reach the battery I'm sure he can reach the siren as well. So, even if you have backup battery installed he can just cut off the siren.

The most important part is that radiostar protects the hood. Therefore, if the hood is open it will trigger the alarm and owner will be alerted thru beeping of remote.
how will the radiostar protect the car from the hood? care to elaborate more?

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by NoName@Feb 17 2005, 23:09
Hi all,

Just to add on the back up battery option. I think its not necessary.
To share my thoughts, if the thief can reach the battery I'm sure he can reach the siren as well. So, even if you have backup battery installed he can just cut off the siren.

The most important part is that radiostar protects the hood. Therefore, if the hood is open it will trigger the alarm and owner will be alerted thru beeping of remote.
Tan,

Actually a back up battery siren works in a way that when the power to the siren is cut,
it will automatically ring with the help of the battery inside of it, the thief might reach the
siren but it will be deafening for them to meddle with it and would just leave the car.

I've had one before in my previous car, sure its troublesome, like when you go to the
workshop and if they have to remove the points from the battery, you'd have to use
a key to turn the backup battery siren off, but to me, I think its a good feature to have.

allic

Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by NoName+Feb 21 2005, 11:54 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NoName @ Feb 21 2005, 11:54 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-allic@Feb 18 2005, 00:38

how will the radiostar protect the car from the hood? care to elaborate more?
hi allic,

if the hood is opened, it will trigger the alarm.

[/b][/quote]
I dun see any alarm trigger mechanism installed in the hood, so how the alarm will be triggered leh?? By the shock sensor alone? Sorry, just wanna know more abt my alarm onli :)

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by allic@Feb 21 2005, 13:58

I dun see any alarm trigger mechanism installed in the hood, so how the alarm will be triggered leh?? By the shock sensor alone? Sorry, just wanna know more abt my alarm onli :)
The alarm system is wired to the hood switch so if its open while the car is armed then it will trigger the alarm :)

allic

Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by NoName+Feb 21 2005, 18:06 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NoName @ Feb 21 2005, 18:06 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-allic@Feb 21 2005, 13:58

The alarm system is wired to the hood switch so if its open while the car is armed then it will trigger the alarm :) [/b][/quote]
oic... tried liao...it works. :) i didnt know of this feature. Thanks. :)

boonyloh

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
fixed my car but i think the alarm is too soft, any way to hook it up to the horn as well?

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by boonyloh@Mar 22 2005, 14:43
fixed my car but i think the alarm is too soft, any way to hook it up to the horn as well?
[snapback]830469[/snapback]​
Harlo fren. Did you manage to get you window to roll up properly d?

As for the siren the best way is to change it entirely, the siren we have is complimentary with the alarm, need to change if you want a louder one. Your car didn't have any so we could not hook it up to an existing one. Normally Meng will test if the car has a louder siren then he will use it, if not he will use the one that comes with the unit.

So how does the shock sensor and two way work?

Will be posting your ride pretty soon :)

boonyloh

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Originally posted by integramania+Mar 22 2005, 15:54 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(integramania @ Mar 22 2005, 15:54 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-boonyloh@Mar 22 2005, 14:43
[snapback]830469[/snapback]​
Harlo fren. Did you manage to get you window to roll up properly d?

As for the siren the best way is to change it entirely, the siren we have is complimentary with the alarm, need to change if you want a louder one. Your car didn't have any so we could not hook it up to an existing one. Normally Meng will test if the car has a louder siren then he will use it, if not he will use the one that comes with the unit.

So how does the shock sensor and two way work?

Will be posting your ride pretty soon :)
[snapback]830679[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

no ler... windows won't roll up on auto yet

the shock sensor is a bit wierd though sometimes sound sometimes nothing if i hit the windows. anyway to hook up the siren together with car horn ar?

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site

the shock sensor is a bit wierd though sometimes sound sometimes nothing if i hit the windows. anyway to hook up the siren together with car horn ar?
[snapback]832045[/snapback]​
[/quote]

have you managed to ask the Mazda dealer yet? Meng had this prob when he installed a audio player into a Toyota Wish and when he asked abt this he was told how to reset this. So it shouldn't be a problem to get it back. Lemme know k?

Well it all depends on the impact of how hard you hit and where you hit. Out of 10 times I would say 8 times siren will work...shouldn't be a prob.....

I will ask Meng and see lar if can....maybe its possible bro....if you want it really loud then can look for one

boonyloh

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004

[snapback]832045[/snapback]​

have you managed to ask the Mazda dealer yet? Meng had this prob when he installed a audio player into a Toyota Wish and when he asked abt this he was told how to reset this. So it shouldn't be a problem to get it back. Lemme know k?

Well it all depends on the impact of how hard you hit and where you hit. Out of 10 times I would say 8 times siren will work...shouldn't be a prob.....

I will ask Meng and see lar if can....maybe its possible bro....if you want it really loud then can look for one
[snapback]834110[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I reset my ecu and let it learn and now my windows works.... the other thing is the siren still need it to be loud and i might shift the reciever to a better location don't really like the look in my steering coloumn :lol:

every things else is okay

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
I reset my ecu and let it learn and now my windows works.... the other thing is the siren still need it to be loud and i might shift the reciever to a better location don't really like the look in my steering coloumn :lol:

every things else is okay
[snapback]835741[/snapback]​
[/quote]

good to know....

i asked Meng already...he sed no advisable to hook to your horn coz it will draw too much current....

wat you can do is to change to a louder siren

:)

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
haha... installed 2around 2 months ago... :P forgoten to post here... :D
not to praise u guys, u guys got good customer service bla bla bla.. :D

i felt more safety since i got my radiostar....:D
but the prob is, once no signal frm my car i feel really unsecured... :D
anyway, just park nearer then should be ok(tats y i dun like cinema)... :D

thz for radiostar shock sensor, once i yam cha at subang area... my radiostar remote was beeping few times(sure my car's alarm got sound also).... i tot coz lots sa loud exhaust around...
i set the shock sensor to medium... so whenever got super loud exhaust passed by my alarm will active....
i tot exhaust, i never go n check lo... coz its just parked at the same roll of shop i yam cha(so many ppl there)

after i yam cha only i noticed... my mivec lip's pocket got ppl tried to take it out....luckly i got srewed it.... n maybe the alarm making noise so they given up... thz to radiostar again...

but i got one prob, i put the shock sensor at the side.. then its always drop down(when my car parked under hot sun)... any solution? :D

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
hi kwai,

Don't take the alarm for granted. Whenever possible pls check your car everytime when you hear remote beeps. Better to go find out its a false alarm rather than not checking a real break in!!!

As for the shock sensor, what you can do is to replace the double sided tape. Alternately, I'll advice you to put the shock sensor between your steering wheels and speedometer, where the boss kit is. That's the best position coz the steering connects to chasis. Therefore, it can detects shock from any part of the car.

thonginho

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
'sup guys,

well, i had my radiostar installed today.. it's damn cun.. eheheheh... ah meng put an extra siren under my dashboard upon request and did it FOC... hard to find installers like him nowadays.. still need to get used to the functions though.. :)

allic

Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by thonginho@Apr 20 2005, 23:39
'sup guys,

well, i had my radiostar installed today.. it's damn cun.. eheheheh... ah meng put an extra siren under my dashboard upon request and did it FOC... hard to find installers like him nowadays.. still need to get used to the functions though..
extra siren....whats the purpose for that ah????

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The man himself that blew the lid off the grassroots sport of gymkhana wasn’t actually present but the participants on hand did more than enough to fill in for Ken Block at the first round of the Cyberjaya Gykhana Challenge 2011, or Cyberkhana, as it came to be known...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience