Old School Cars Discussion

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Price high not easy to sell unless got interested party
Sometimes buying a car is a game of wait and see. In some cases, the seller might think his car is certainly worth that much of his asking price because it is rare or for some other reason. Then he waits, 1 year, 2 years, maybe even 3 years, keeps advertising on mudah and still no one is willing to pay his asking price. Does he keep advertising and waiting , hoping that perhaps tomorrow, perhaps next week, next month, or next year some one will come forward and willing to buy his "rare and desired" car for the amount that he stipulates ?
As for the buyer, he may already be observing this particular car for some time, maybe a year, and notices it isn't selling, he wants it but only willing to pay half of the asking price..makes an offer to seller on the 3rd year..Seller says I will think about it. So the waiting game continues. How bad does the seller want his car off his lot, or how bad does the buyer want the car ? The prospective buyer thinks perhaps since it isn't selling after 3 years then I am doing him a favor by taking it off his hands...

He he, thats the situation that I am in now.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sometimes buying a car is a game of wait and see. In some cases, the seller might think his car is certainly worth that much of his asking price because it is rare or for some other reason. Then he waits, 1 year, 2 years, maybe even 3 years, keeps advertising on mudah and still no one is willing to pay his asking price. Does he keep advertising and waiting , hoping that perhaps tomorrow, perhaps next week, next month, or next year some one will come forward and willing to buy his "rare and desired" car for the amount that he stipulates ?
As for the buyer, he may already be observing this particular car for some time, maybe a year, and notices it isn't selling, he wants it but only willing to pay half of the asking price..makes an offer to seller on the 3rd year..Seller says I will think about it. So the waiting game continues. How bad does the seller want his car off his lot, or how bad does the buyer want the car ? The prospective buyer thinks perhaps since it isn't selling after 3 years then I am doing him a favor by taking it off his hands...

He he, thats the situation that I am in now.
Yup, very true, cat and mouse game......:biggrin: