Old School Cars Discussion

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Price high not easy to sell unless got interested party
Sometimes buying a car is a game of wait and see. In some cases, the seller might think his car is certainly worth that much of his asking price because it is rare or for some other reason. Then he waits, 1 year, 2 years, maybe even 3 years, keeps advertising on mudah and still no one is willing to pay his asking price. Does he keep advertising and waiting , hoping that perhaps tomorrow, perhaps next week, next month, or next year some one will come forward and willing to buy his "rare and desired" car for the amount that he stipulates ?
As for the buyer, he may already be observing this particular car for some time, maybe a year, and notices it isn't selling, he wants it but only willing to pay half of the asking price..makes an offer to seller on the 3rd year..Seller says I will think about it. So the waiting game continues. How bad does the seller want his car off his lot, or how bad does the buyer want the car ? The prospective buyer thinks perhaps since it isn't selling after 3 years then I am doing him a favor by taking it off his hands...

He he, thats the situation that I am in now.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sometimes buying a car is a game of wait and see. In some cases, the seller might think his car is certainly worth that much of his asking price because it is rare or for some other reason. Then he waits, 1 year, 2 years, maybe even 3 years, keeps advertising on mudah and still no one is willing to pay his asking price. Does he keep advertising and waiting , hoping that perhaps tomorrow, perhaps next week, next month, or next year some one will come forward and willing to buy his "rare and desired" car for the amount that he stipulates ?
As for the buyer, he may already be observing this particular car for some time, maybe a year, and notices it isn't selling, he wants it but only willing to pay half of the asking price..makes an offer to seller on the 3rd year..Seller says I will think about it. So the waiting game continues. How bad does the seller want his car off his lot, or how bad does the buyer want the car ? The prospective buyer thinks perhaps since it isn't selling after 3 years then I am doing him a favor by taking it off his hands...

He he, thats the situation that I am in now.
Yup, very true, cat and mouse game......:biggrin:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Lancer body kosong with no headlamp/front bumper and body kosong cost 28k with complete docs..this stuff is expensive..

another loaded evo3 (cb6a) asking for 60k...hahaha..no wonder even wira with evo3 bodykit is thief magnet.

*sorry pic post later due to office restriction and lazy to do via mobile.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Depends who holding it, then again have you thought of shipping and duties, especially CBU car duties......lol:biggrin:
Too bad I really don't know the procedures of getting an AP. I've only heard before about getting student AP which can be applied for free I think. But that is only for 1 AP per person.

Is the rate for used CBU car duties high?

Lancer body kosong with no headlamp/front bumper and body kosong cost 28k with complete docs..this stuff is expensive..

another loaded evo3 (cb6a) asking for 60k...hahaha..no wonder even wira with evo3 bodykit is thief magnet.

*sorry pic post later due to office restriction and lazy to do via mobile.
RM28k in Japan? Real Evo or just converted Evo?

CB6A selling for 60k is a waste of money. I mean, all these other chassis are not heavily reinforced chassis like CD9A or CE9A Evo chassis. No point paying that much for this kind of chassis when they are probably just slightly better than the reinforced chassis in C99 Wira. Well, you do get the bragging rights of owning an original Lancer which makes you stand out like the king in a sea of Wira Lancers. :rofl:

I mean, look at it this way. The CB Lancer is in the same era with EG Civic and AE101 Corolla. The normal stock EG and AE101 can be bought for a low price nowadays but when it comes to CB Lancer which is supposed to be in the same category, everybody losses their mind and goes crazy about it. If you go to places like Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, I don't think these CB Lancer are held in such high regard like we do over here. :rofl: They are just another normal 1.3,1.5,1.6 litre sedan car during 90s era.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Too bad I really don't know the procedures of getting an AP. I've only heard before about getting student AP which can be applied for free I think. But that is only for 1 AP per person.

Is the rate for used CBU car duties high?
You go study overseas then bring one back.....lol:biggrin:

A lot of criteria one. Last time I heard is Must own the car more than 6 months at overseas country. Must be student and have not checked the duties but I think same as new units....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You go study overseas then bring one back.....lol:biggrin:

A lot of criteria one. Last time I heard is Must own the car more than 6 months at overseas country. Must be student and have not checked the duties but I think same as new units....:driver:
Can go Japan to study but the cost is very high. Learned a few things about living costs in Japan from my Japanese exchange student friends. Room rental cost per month is around RM2000-RM3000. Average meal is probably around RM20-RM40. :banghead:

This student AP thing seems troublesome. Who knows what other criteria is needed.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can go Japan to study but the cost is very high. Learned a few things about living costs in Japan from my Japanese exchange student friends. Room rental cost per month is around RM2000-RM3000. Average meal is probably around RM20-RM40. :banghead:

This student AP thing seems troublesome. Who knows what other criteria is needed.
Nothing is either easy or cheap nowadays.......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Gahmen dont give a damn..evil fellas :burnout:
They discontinued the Inspira far too quickly. Just 5 years in the market. Look at Wira and Saga. Both are also rebadged Lancer but they are sold in the market for more than 15 years.

Aim police inspira, fully imported if not mistaken.
But no kabel....cannot get too
Police Inspira also 1.8 manual isn't it? How is it fully imported? Don't tell me they import from Mitsubishi factory and fit it with Inspira bumpers and wheels when reach Malaysia?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
They discontinued the Inspira far too quickly. Just 5 years in the market. Look at Wira and Saga. Both are also rebadged Lancer but they are sold in the market for more than 15 years.

Police Inspira also 1.8 manual isn't it? How is it fully imported? Don't tell me they import from Mitsubishi factory and fit it with Inspira bumpers and wheels when reach Malaysia?
haha selling the same thing for too long, not exactly good ya....

dont think the police inspira's are imported...

A Post Every 5 Mins

To all satria GTI CONVERTED OWNERS...

Do you ever realized that maybe your 'Gti barang" is stolen stuff?, Do you ever question how these item come from? The parts are genuine and they sold cheaply...Boy! do a satria GTI Ori owner will sell their parts just like that knowing that GTI parts is EXPENSIVE and rare? go ask Proton and insurance company how much is the Satria GTI front recaro seat and the rear seat...you will be fucking terkezut..Its Rm8000.00!!.
So...u buy satria GTI front seat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience