What mods have you regretted / changed and why?

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
just got a damm good deal for spare extra engine. out of sudden pull out wallet and pay for it... now i regret buying and put the piece of junk in my store. not that i really need it also.

and just paid for the order of a pair of brand new Weld drag wheels tis evening. really regret should have bought the normal one instead of the magnesium one.:sleep:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
regretted getting much knowledge bout cars...now every time i open up marketplace and c sumthing nice sure air liuh come out...money all gone

regretted mods on car then then...BANG....u c money pieces by pieces on the floor

have lots n lots to regret but can u imagine wat r u know witout ur ride?:smokin:

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
wah...50k on saga turbo....ganas nyer...must be monster kaw kaw
poc roc,

most will not believe but when you add up all your bills from the day you start converting till today, it adds up to the same amount. i've trashed up 3 engines, had a spare engine in my workshop, enough spare parts to build another engine and by the time i realise i've gone out of hand, your mechanic named you as the biggest contributor of his new outlet.

you can ask your sifoo jin...i think he still is going the same route that all of us uncles do last time. :thefinger:

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Regretted convert my car with VR4 engine, if not i can buy an aristo with 2jz engine and big turbine with all the goodies than be dyno queen.:biggrin:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
banana crack?? :confused: JH kah?? :smokin:

my regrets :

1) spending tons of money into engine only to know there are many other faster then you :thefinger:
i have tot wan buy a set mat speed cam tis early years but think again, its stil a satria. gt hp but chasis really like tofu....i plan buy a volvo S40 2.0 turbo 2000 model.( price around 40k, twin airbag,abs, strong body, share patlfom wif lancer)..simply bodykit n rim..attract alot galz:thefinger:

Bump:
banana crack?? :confused: JH kah?? :smokin:

my regrets :

1) spending tons of money into engine only to know there are many other faster then you :thefinger:
i have tot wan buy a set mat speed cam tis early years but think again, its stil a satria. gt hp but chasis really like tofu....i plan buy a volvo S40 2.0 turbo 2000 model.( price around 40k, twin airbag,abs, strong body, share patlfom wif lancer)..simply bodykit n rim..attract alot galz:thefinger:

Bump:
Trusted a mother fucker bastard so called mechanic (P#tworks Motorsport in Tun Aminah JB)which excellent in talking but do nothing, screwed up my major modification, money, faith... the only good thing is, experience earned!!

pitworks?? ah.i live in skudai. ihv go this shop b4. their price so scary!!!!!! k-power exhaust oso kanasai!!!!!!

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
haha u sure ? i got a s40 , they call me old man when i drive it

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
Regret spend my money on:

1.Pivot voltage stabilizer=voltage up a bit and feel good(c thru RSM)but later voltage back to normal.
2.Replica tial wastegate=Got fierce sound but boost leak.
3.Cusco 4cm 2 point carbon fiber front strut bar=change my ori steel 1 to tis,look damn cool in engine bay but feel car's front part more bumping and a bit hard to drive when low speed.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
so far seen like nobody having problem with their piggyback :)

Bump: so far seen like nobody having problem with their piggyback :)

diwant

Known Member
Apr 22, 2004
Bangsar
diwant.wordpress.com
from wat i remember i spent around 8k to mod/make up my car for the past 6 years. the thing i regret the most was when i bought 'cap ayam' adjustable suspension from Brothers, it cost damn RM800 and it doesn't feel good at all! less than 1 year i changed to GAB short-stroke absorber and i quite like the ride height and handling of the car.

i've been using it for more than 2 years now...:wavey:

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
doing up my putra standard engine!!!! spent so much!!!! but still lose to a stock gsr wit tdo5!!!!! crap!!!!! should has just bought a evo!!!!!!!!

nearly spent bout 20k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............................:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:.....
now car in workshop piston kong!!!!!! jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have to spent more money!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

diwant

Known Member
Apr 22, 2004
Bangsar
diwant.wordpress.com
doing up my putra standard engine!!!! spent so much!!!! but still lose to a stock gsr wit tdo5!!!!! crap!!!!! should has just bought a evo!!!!!!!!

nearly spent bout 20k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............................:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:.....
now car in workshop piston kong!!!!!! jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have to spent more money!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
shd have consult expert especially when it concerns engine modification

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

My friends car was stolen yesterday at damansara perdana,
A dark grey proton wira with rear wing
Plate number TR 5998
loud exhaust noise.

IF anyone lead us to the finding of the car,reward will be given.

Pm me
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience