What mods have you regretted / changed and why?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
should have not converted my old junk to what it is now and use the money spend converting, modifying, stroking, squeezing every last drop of horsepower of my 20 year old engine to a newer, purpose built evo 8 or 9. rather than spend more than 50K on something that other people refer it as a SAGA TURBO. tiu nia seng... :mad::biggrin:
where the hell were u for so many years
hp number please :D

sr_2321

Known Member
Feb 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Spent >40k converting my perdana to twin turbo and my GTi to evo 3.... now no money to khawin or reno my new hse :banghead:

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Spent >40k converting my perdana to twin turbo and my GTi to evo 3.... now no money to khawin or reno my new hse :banghead:
haha!! kahwin with your car lor :)
spent so money in your DEAR CAR ADY !! :)
actually i also spent about 30k in my car :(:rolleyes:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
should have not converted my old junk to what it is now and use the money spend converting, modifying, stroking, squeezing every last drop of horsepower of my 20 year old engine to a newer, purpose built evo 8 or 9. rather than spend more than 50K on something that other people refer it as a SAGA TURBO. tiu nia seng... :mad::biggrin:
you still ok compare to mine.. at least still SAGA turbo newer car generation... to-date wid recent projects and so on i spent not less than 80k on mod alone to get my OLD JUNK 1980 TT132 to be street-able,drag-able,drift-able, look-able , most want-able by police and the worst is to get it Reputable wid all the mods ... due to a sickness which is the enemy of all men. EGO ...

most regretable thing is seeing my bank account suppose to be very wonderfull, beautiful,plentifull become Horrible, terrible when i start to get addictive to anything on wheels including cars, cupchai,superbikes, motorcross, atv and bicycle.

suppose to cultivate a hobby like playing chess , main guli , flying kites and so on ... definitely save alot:smokin:

------------------------

back to topic..... regretfull mod i did on my car is putting this engine in this car.. should have put it in an altezza for better handling... :sleep:

Last edited:

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
suppose to cultivate a hobby like playing chess , main guli , flying kites and so on ... definitely save alot:smokin:

------------------------

back to topic..... regretfull mod i did on my car is putting this engine in this car.. should have put it in an altezza for better handling... :sleep:
worth quoting hehe .... main PS2 and 3 also ok le ... but hor fly kite quite nice , klang bukit tinggi , weekend evening wah lau , like pesta only ...

hope my next upgrade or shld i say wear and tear stuff changed wont make me regret

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hmmm very dangerous la modding cars...ive spent so much of time and money..im suprised my fiancee still wants to get married to me. lolx...

but i think we somehow gotta draw the line..the thirst for power is dangerous.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
hmmm very dangerous la modding cars...ive spent so much of time and money..im suprised my fiancee still wants to get married to me. lolx...

but i think we somehow gotta draw the line..the thirst for power is dangerous.
ya bro, but it will never end regardless of u knowing how dangerous it is!

and once u got abit of cash, u will instead think of scrapping ur current car and go for a "jdm" sports car... i'm at that stage at the moment... *sigh*

but i got robbed by my health insurance, car insurance, road tax and regular service bills... yay to that.. :itsme:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
so far ive no regret on mods, the only i regret is on my past accidentes, body keta senget baii.. now, cannot drive fast dah:slug:

labulabi

Known Member
Feb 12, 2009
i dont know should i regret or should I not..

car mods really is a disease.

$$$$ burned.

what's done is done

just live with it.

:smokin:

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
my regrets

using tulang ikan as boost controller (cos i blew the engine up)
buying re001r tyres ( cos the grip is not nice)
buying iridium spark plugs ( cos it gave zero improvements)
tebuk stock manifold to put wastegate (cos the welding chipped and eat my turbine wheel)<--- WAH:banghead:
buying evo3 gb (cos the 1st and 2nd gear sux)
buying custom banana header (cos the welding cracks always)
buying modified stock shocks (it leaked within a month)
buying tein ss springs (it sucked totally)

regretted - playing car:rofl:

Bump:
i regretted most is... joining zerotohundred. :smokin:

why? cuz it made me a car enthusiast.

AND

cuz of that, i decided to mod my car and ever since, i've been spending so much on my car regardless of the need of the item...

sigh.. i believe alot of u guys will agree with me. lol. cheers

okok but actually i regretted changing my entire rear bushing to "oem" honda's. after 1 year (which is now) i believe i need to change it again... haih... i guess it was honda thailand ... doesnt last like honda japan.. sucks to be me..

oh fark i jez read this....i changed to so called OEM honda bushing for lower arm....dang kaput so fast ah....ya its thailand admitted by shop owner not japan...crap should have jez bought whole lower arm set which costed few hundred bucks more:banghead:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
shanashi : get those PU bushings like superpro or energy, i believe they have a much much longer lifespan.. im saving for 1 now..

zektor

Known Member
Nov 16, 2006
www.waccteam.net
regret not to change to adjustable abs after all this abs mod

(2006): sport spring 1.5 AFI + stock abs 1.5
(2007) : ABS 1.6 (KYB) f + ABS KYB rear + Spring Mirage (F) + Spring APM heavy duty
(2007) : ABS 1.6 (KYB) + ABS Monreo rear + Spring Mirage (F) + Spring SM4
(2008) : ABS 1.6 (KYB) + ABS Monreo rear + Spring Mirage (F) + Spring SR04R
(2008) :GAB SA series 1.6 short stroke hub + Mirage spring (F) + SV4 Tein Hard soft spring

:hmpf::hmpf:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
adjustable abs i think you wont regret bro.

unless you get Tien....super stiff even at the softest settings.

The thing is,now also i spent so much on the car, i know how to bitch about it....BUTTTT....still want to consider buying more things....:mad: hayooo im going crazy lerrr....i think my wife gonna chop my head off also soon.

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
regretted few previous mods on my ride:

- APM adjustable abs... damn hard and now changed back semi adj..
- Fiber bonet...now using ori jdm bonet (remember, alwayz go for ori parts)
- spent RM350 on foldable side mirror but til now have not install yet.
- spent RM1.5k on driveshaft, engine gasket, lower & upper arm...yet 0 hp gain haha....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

One of my friends car was stolen early this morning at SS2 housing area, the plate number is BGE 2800, it is a Perodua Kancil stock standard and the colour was stock Perdua Gold.

[FONT=Times New...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience