Waja CAMPRO 1.6

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
helo everyone.....happy new year......just sharing....i thinking of buying a new car which below RM70 or around that la......so i thinking of campro waja....its look great 4 me....

so i went to ask for detaill....i went 2 three(3) branch........two said got abs n air bag........the latest 1 said dun have.....haih...

any suggestion with this car....or any others. car that i can buy.......thankssss.....im so willing 2 hear that.......

blackmamba1

Jan 1, 2006
Proceed with ya dream bro... With or without Air bags / ABS remains the same. What makes it differ was the way u drive ur car. Study said ABags also can kill ppl.If drove steadyly, U won need it. U also must calculate how much does u have to spend if the ABS started giving u a problem and once ur ABags accidentally pump out from ur corkpit. To reassemble the ABags cost u a lot money know....

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
blackmamba1 said:
Proceed with ya dream bro... With or without Air bags / ABS remains the same. What makes it differ was the way u drive ur car. Study said ABags also can kill ppl.If drove steadyly, U won need it. U also must calculate how much does u have to spend if the ABS started giving u a problem and once ur ABags accidentally pump out from ur corkpit. To reassemble the ABags cost u a lot money know....
Bro, ABS is not a gadget that produced by ahsing or ahling..through so many R&D and proof that it works. If without ABS..i would hav lost few of my frens u know? U save the money but u cant save ur life to spend the money..is it worth it? Think twice..

blackmamba1

Jan 1, 2006
Mr fritz sir, I'm suggesting 4 a tight budget bro if he got xtra why not have all.
Some ppl die becoz they bang the truck from back even have 4wABS and U know what actually happened, they never kick the brake:banghead: . There is nothing u can do even with extra 6wABS if U panic and drive too fast:vroam: :vroam: :evil: . F1 never apply ABS on their brake system. What:dontknow: can usay bout that. Even with ABS sometimes ur brakes never work coz the tempreture was too high and sometime the brake oil was expired. ABS can't save ur life if u don't know how to use it in a proper way. Lady Diana n Doddy dies:driver: in a car fitted 1st class ABS:bawling: . The ABS was invented to prevent ur brake lock the wheels and u can steer to the R or L so u can prevent hitting what's blocking ur way.But when ur time have come u can't even hide anywhere and wait for even a second bro. Remember that.:egg: :bawling: :saint:

Last edited:

blackmamba1

Jan 1, 2006
For the time the eng works well on Gen2. But it's lack of "Cam Profilling" system that surpose to be in it. As u know it's similar to 4g92. It's a normal DOHC eng. Waja campro quite
slow at low end power but quite impresive at 3rd to 5th gear. This what I read from a study done by a journalist.

Last edited:

blackmamba1

Jan 1, 2006
Ok bro.... I link to u this review from a journalist - YS KONG on Waja Campro.
http://www.autotrade.com.my/emzine/review/viewarticle.asp?awReviewId=2014&awCatId=RT.CAR.PV
There u r what u r looking for.:congrats: :driver: :deal:. So from that da conclusion i can give u that Waja Campro a bit slow at the starting point but quite impresive if u reach 3500 rpm (3rd to 5th gear). compared to previous 4g18 engine. Check it out and don't forget read it all what they say. They knows better.

Last edited:

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Based on YS Khong's review, he made it sound like the Waja has a 3500rpm turbo boost, if less no power, need to go over then only can feel the power.... so technically the power curve should be something wrong.
Ask any tuner and they might say car power should come in gradually and not lousy before 3500 and good after 3500...

dunno how to say lah, stock tuning shouldn't be like that IMHO, but as it says, it could be the inherit property of the new engine...

1 thing for sure, it's cheap!

blackmamba1

Jan 1, 2006
Time will come that MY will prove that " WE ALSO CAN DO IT ". I'm not promoting Proton or else. We must proud to be MYNs. Even Giant Motoring Manufactures trust us why don't we. Honda, Merc,Toyota and others also using our plant to assmble their cars here. Ah Sing or Ayyapan or Ali or MAMAKALIBABA N Co. also can do it. Just find the right person to have the quality. There all MYN. There is no Yamaguchi (JAPs) workshop or working in a car factory as an operator here. There were all here as an Official only.
I'm proud to be MALAYSIANS.:wavey: :love:

Last edited:

blackmamba1

Jan 1, 2006
TiBuN said:
Based on YS Khong's review, he made it sound like the Waja has a 3500rpm turbo boost, if less no power, need to go over then only can feel the power.... so technically the power curve should be something wrong.
Ask any tuner and they might say car power should come in gradually and not lousy before 3500 and good after 3500...

dunno how to say lah, stock tuning shouldn't be like that IMHO, but as it says, it could be the inherit property of the new engine...

1 thing for sure, it's cheap!

Give them time la bro, our engine in the early age. There much more RnD to be done. We use car as our daily transport not a drag racer la... In town with a 100 to 300 metres traffic lights why gone to drag ur car too fast. In front u have to stop also. Man Man lo.... bro. In the highway it gardually accelerate impresively. The review never stated that there is no power at all but a bit slow at the starting point but it gradually increase and when it reach 3500 rpm:vroam: the power is realy working. We only need a power when we are in the Highway, I think it's acceptable.

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
wah so many ppl gv me suggestion....thanssllllkkksss a million guyss.....im 80% getting a waja campro.........im trying 2 get PGT XXXX nice rite......so thankss a lot for sharing.....when i bought d....i post here la......means im thanks 4 u all...hehe...later i din buy...pai seh man...hahaha........because i think that 1.6 with RM60 k ......cant find others car....i dun like kia spectra........dono y....dun like KIA...hehe.....if hyundai may be laa........so anyway......any suggestion still welcome....coz im getting the car at my birthday at MAY 2006.....so wait awhile lo.....nvmmm....wait 3 months wee how the engine perform....any complain...hehe......

blackmamba1

Jan 1, 2006
Kalau hang nak tunggu lagi baguih.... Dapat tengok feed back dari oghang yang dah beli noh.... Mitsubishi dah sign contrack balik ngan Proton... tu lagi exciting dapat la Proton bersaing semula dari segi technology baru. tapi Mits hanya rakan technology yang ber unsur penasihat. 2007 akan bertambah lah model baru Proton harap harap nya. Ini berita dari review Berita Harian semalam.
Hang Kedah tang mana?
Pasai apa hang tak minat KIA. Depa pasang kat Gurun pa......Hang tak support product negri hang langsung....... he he he:birthday: :party: :star: :dancing2: :congrats: :shakehands:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<object height="200" width="335"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qf7TH7nDL38?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="200" width="335"></object>

TTA's must watch Track Junkies Movie of the Year! This 8 minute long video encompasses all the hype and action the Time To Attack 2010 Season! Be moved by the heat of the drama, the emotions and the climax.

This video is for everyone who've contributed to the Time To...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience