The Most Wanted ICE Brand

Avanzato X4

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
Wilayah KL
www.daihatsu.co.jp
many of ours member still confusing which is the most wanted/recommended ICE brand in our local market, although we cannot justify which is the best by just it's brand name, only the person who installed can feel the different and quality of sound.

whatever Branded or 'A' Brand of ICE, we strongly recommend it to others to enjoy the most value buy for the best sound quality.

let's share some of your experience. This tread will be useful for those Newbie planning to modify ICE on his/her car.

may welcome all the ICE Master comment-comment as well.

Thank you for viewing my treads! Have a nice day! :rolleyes:

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
I had never buy anything in car audio because of brands. Even half of my equipment is unheard of in Malaysia.

It is an expensive hobby, where the term "pay to play" does come into effect. The only way to know is through searching for review or first hand experience. Btw not going to mention any brands because of:

i. Very limited budget
ii. Absent of own preference

gabantromen

Known Member
Oct 13, 2007
Miri, Sarawak
yeah, sum korean brands sounds nice also..can boom loud n long d subs..but headunit normally branded comes into play lah..

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Why would branded HU would be any difference compared to the less branded ones?

jimmylim85

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
Why would branded HU would be any difference compared to the less branded ones?
Because branded always provide the best circuitry for user to enjoy excellent sound quality, function and custom EQ adjustment.

And for the sake of cool looking display and auto slide faceplate :love:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
best known brands in car audio (for good sound quality systems):

source: alpine pioneer eclipse denon mcintosh etc

processing: alpine audio control rf jl pioneer mcintosh etc

speakers: scanspeak, focal, morel, dls, RS Audio, hertz, phd, helix, brax, seas, phass, vifa, peerless, eton, etc

amps: mcintosh, genesis, audison, steg, sinfoni, phd, helix, brax, celestra, phass, luxman, dls, etc

Last edited:

jimmylim85

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
best known brands in car audio (for good sound quality systems):

source: alpine pioneer eclipse denon mcintosh etc

processing: alpine audio control rf jl pioneer mcintosh etc

speakers: scanspeak, focal, morel, dls, hertz, phd, helix, brax, seas, phass, vifa, peerless, etc

amps: mcintosh, genesis, audison, steg, sinfoni, phd, helix, brax, celestra, phass, luxman, etc
And Soundstream too for speaker and amplifier :proud:

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
the top of my wish list will be the Mcintosh MX406...slurp..
Why not the top notch MX5000 with the external DAC??:biggrin:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
soundstream standard has dropped for past 10 years already la, even during its good times i would only list them as mid-level, not high end.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Well if you insist then...

HU - Pioneer PRS 880, Alpine F#1

Amps
Mono - Kicker Warhorse, Sundown SAZ series, JBL Crown series, Zapco C2k4kw
4 Channel - Zapco, Zapco, Zapco, Zapco, Zed Audio and anything by Robert Zeff

Speakers - Rainbow, Rainbow, Rainbow and Rainbow

Sub - Adire Brahma, Adire Tumult and the resurrection of adire subs by Exodus Audio.... oh yeah and Fi subs

There you go my unbiased opinion

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
If you can find those oldskool soundstream reference class A amps thats among the SQ hall of fame amp. Speakers... well none that impressed me except those XXX subs.

Still scratching my head why do ppl now still relate soundstream = best??? Even here where Mohawk = King and Soundstream = God

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
forgot to mention...

We listen to speakers not HU, processor or EQ. All those processing and EQing is for last options for a good installations. There is no electonics that can correct bad installation or speaker placement.

jimmylim85

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
soundstream standard has dropped for past 10 years already la, even during its good times i would only list them as mid-level, not high end.
Even soundstream company sold to Korean, yet those high end soundstream amplifier still being manufactured in USA.

If insist on original, get directly from MAT.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Eeeee. Yeah. It's Nurburgring!. It's the Green Hell and I'd know by now you'd be really envious of my experience. I'm sure I'm not the first Malaysian to have been there, and driven in the 'Ring as I personally know of a few friends who've done it, and I know if you are reading this, you would have already driven on the Nurburgring too, except that it's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience