The mighty 2jz or The legendary RB26

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i would say
i will vote for the 2jz, first it price wise, its so much cheaper
2nd thing, u dnt need to disturb the internals and oil pump or etc to slap it hard
technology wise i would vote for the rb26 , bt its going to take a lot of more cash to make it a beast , this if im talking 2jz and rb26 in the same kind of body, minus the transmission

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
actually the first stage tuning of 2jz is cheaper than rb26, after that it can get really deep, but still cheaper lah compared to rb26.

so have we drew a conclusion yet to which is the better engine?

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
yea.. it a junk engine

so blackhowling
i offer you RM4k for your engine turbo , the 6 speed gearbox. ecu, wiring bla bla bla

Khoyos

your is RM1.5k package as above ..

engine must be working and running condition
how ?

Bump: yea.. it a junk engine

so blackhowling
i offer you RM4k for your engine turbo , the 6 speed gearbox. ecu, wiring bla bla bla

Khoyos

your is RM1.5k package as above ..

engine must be working and running condition
how ?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
1.5k + 996 porsche brakeset+suitable rotors+pads front n rear installed on my car. deal.

i know where to source the engine n gearbox hehe...

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
1.5k + 996 porsche brakeset+suitable rotors+pads front n rear installed on my car. deal.

i know where to source the engine n gearbox hehe...

you are too late
the porsche brake is sold liow

so offer just RM1.5k saja
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
damm ... kyoshos.... u get your 2j half cut at 3k only???? can help me source one as my spare ka..?

i know im not up to par yet to comment .. as im only using 1jz. my latest project was not dont YET atm. so with everything bolted up on my 1jz im running near 500whp on pump fuel and unopened internals. i just did turbo, management, fuelings, stronger clutch to hold and thermal handling upgrades. However with everything still the same i knw it would be very xpensive if i go aftermarket internals for bigger boost and higher rev range.

So cheapest way is to go for the 1.5j option where i only need to change to new 2jz timing belt, new piston rings,aftermarket main and conrod bearings and a little bit of work to the water piping works n xhaust where the existing turbo will have to sit abit higher and a bigger turbine housing. else i will have a low torque monster with the xtra displacement to blow my "snail" and its cheap as Fcuk for an engine kosong and some little bits here and there.. i have my finger crossed as im not sure at what whp i can run with this setup. but i hope i can run at about additional 50whp frm my previous setup. i know its not big number for some people for my lousy old toyota car which already aged at near 30years old it can be pretty scary on my side to handle too

although its only a 2jz bottom i hope that i have the right to give opinion on 2jz behalf. rb26 i have 0 knowledge as so far only 2 person i knew is using it where one is remain stock and another one had some mild mods in it.. so i reli couldnt comment anything. problem wise i dun see any trouble with them running as i still see them driving around town picking up chicks almost everynight

Bump: damm ... kyoshos.... u get your 2j half cut at 3k only???? can help me source one as my spare ka..?

i know im not up to par yet to comment .. as im only using 1jz. my latest project was not dont YET atm. so with everything bolted up on my 1jz im running near 500whp on pump fuel and unopened internals. i just did turbo, management, fuelings, stronger clutch to hold and thermal handling upgrades. However with everything still the same i knw it would be very xpensive if i go aftermarket internals for bigger boost and higher rev range.

So cheapest way is to go for the 1.5j option where i only need to change to new 2jz timing belt, new piston rings,aftermarket main and conrod bearings and a little bit of work to the water piping works n xhaust where the existing turbo will have to sit abit higher and a bigger turbine housing. else i will have a low torque monster with the xtra displacement to blow my "snail" and its cheap as Fcuk for an engine kosong and some little bits here and there.. i have my finger crossed as im not sure at what whp i can run with this setup. but i hope i can run at about additional 50whp frm my previous setup. i know its not big number for some people for my lousy old toyota car which already aged at near 30years old it can be pretty scary on my side to handle too

although its only a 2jz bottom i hope that i have the right to give opinion on 2jz behalf. rb26 i have 0 knowledge as so far only 2 person i knew is using it where one is remain stock and another one had some mild mods in it.. so i reli couldnt comment anything. problem wise i dun see any trouble with them running as i still see them driving around town picking up chicks almost everynight

Bump: damm ... kyoshos.... u get your 2j half cut at 3k only???? can help me source one as my spare ka..?

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
renxun: dun tipu.. 1jz ..2jz all useless engine...1.5J lagi teruk... don... pls look away

Bump: renxun: dun tipu.. 1jz ..2jz all useless engine...1.5J lagi teruk... don... pls look away

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
ya .. lets keep the price low...so i can blow more engine in future

Bump: ya .. lets keep the price low...so i can blow more engine in future