Tech DIY - Lateral Gs: Actual measurement, Accelerometers and GPS.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
[Warning, this is long, you can just skip to the end part to get the point of all this.]

don't think Laptimer is coming back to post his photoes, but I hope one day local mags will include these kinds of data in their car reviews/test, and help people who were confused by him. I know I was.. :P
Videos will come when I have time to install and record a run, this won't be so soon because the innovate system not exactly plug and play.. more like read, make wiring for a jumper harness, then PRAY I get it right.. ROFL...

Actually, I do check it first.. or I would be replacing shorted out electronics on my car more times than I can count. :)
I did install it before, but took it out because wanted to repaint the car, including the interior, and never actually installed it back, since not planning to mod the suspension yet at the moment, since already running spoon dampers.

Note: G = acceleration.. 1G = 9.8m/sec. but in automotive specific use, 1G also means that the car is holding it's own weight sideways through the turn. So 1G means the car is pushing it's own weight sideways. I might be using g and acceleration interchangably, because they're actually the same thing, but different units of measure so hope that clears up any misunderstandings. lateral g means forces acting from the sides.

One thing arguing with Laptimer was making me check my facts. But the way he kept insisting he was right was epically funny, and I enjoyed myself for a while. To give credit to him, he did know some facts, or rather he googled for everything that suited his arguments.. and there came a point where he fabricated some to suit his arguments, so I took that as a cue to exit.

And as I went on reading about these GPS datalogging systems, I find that my initial argument was right, that GPS can't measure lateral G, but he was going on about how 'accurate' his GPS was, and how all measurements are derived and even threw speed as an example, and he was all right, and I was all wrong.

His comment about testing on skidpad confirmed my suspicions that he was a keyboard warrior, and likely doesn't even own a car. Which was why I gave up at that point. For those not in the know, a "skidpad" is a NOT specific place. A big enough parking lot/area will do, just have to make sure the surface is tar/asphalt and not something smooth like cement flooring. This affects grip and you know how much grip you have in those cement floorings like in some parking lots. It has to be level to minimize as much errors possible due to uneven surface. This is how those lateral g is measured by magazines to make it as close as possible for a general comparison. They don't run it at lab standards because it's difficult to replicate every single factor that affects grip like tyre compound, temps and changing surface friction.

The funniest part was him saying that g-sensors/accelerometers are have worse accuracy compared to GPS distance/time measurements, and he can actually replicate the measurements on a skidpad. ROFL!! Baited and caught. Lateral Gs on a skidpad tends to come up low, and he says he can make constant high g's.. Bro laptimer, you must drive a supercar! Yet you didn't win the TTA.. too bad...

Skidpad method

This is the most used method by car magazines you find that lists lateral gs in their car tests, and also considered the most accurate way to measure lateral G.
they use the centripetal acceleration formula which is
centripetal acceleration = velocity^2/radius
Lateral G = (velocity^2/radius)/ gravity constant (gravity is 9.8m/s for those who didn't remember secondary school physics class, though as far as I can remember, they always asked us to use 10m/s as a g constant back then. Amazing that I can remember it after 15 years leaving school lol.
What usually backyard enthusiasts do (like me) do is to draw the circle down with chalk/paint/cones/whatever, and drive around it while tracking the line, going faster and faster each round (each round must maintain constant speed, so if would be 20km/h, then 30km/h and slowly going faster each round) until the tire slips and cannot maintain driving on the line/near the cones anymore. The fastest speed going around the circle before the tires totally slips and cannot track the circle anymore, should be your fastest time, if not, it means you didn't maintain a constant speed going around the circle, or you didn't track the line properly.
My lame car can do 45kmh in a small 20m radius circle before the I can't track the circle anymore due to tires slipping.. velocity is m/s, so 45000m/3600=12.5m/s
Sorry I won't post videos of this, because someone might recognise the idiot who drove around in circles in an empty parking lot near his/her apartment/home one quiet afternoon long time ago. :P
(12.5*12.5/20)/9.8= 0.7971938775510204 Lateral g. (remember that this is a small circle.)
You guys should try this.. Your car might feel like a handling machine, but when you try this, most of you had better prepare to be disappointed.. I don't think you can get very high readings using this method unless you drive a supercar.. I think one magazine posted most sports compact cars with semi slicks having lateral G of less than 1G.... :P.
Laptimer pooh-poohed the 3m or more CEP (circular error probablility) of the GPS, but let's see what happens when I increase the radius to 23m
(12.5x12.5/23)/9.8= 0.6932120674356699 lateral g... and that's just with the minimum error probablility.

The Accelerometer method.

Accelerometers are the like a ruler. A ruler measures length, while an accelerometer measures acceleration. (the term for what accelerometers measure is 'proper acceleration' and this is measured in g-force units. 1G = 9.8m/s.)

It's only considered 'accurate' lateral g if the sensor is perfectly level when measuring, or if the sensor corrects for tilt.

In cars, one thing that affects measurement of acceleration is tilt, this is because two axis accelerometers are affected by tilt. You can see how this works as I tilt my two axis accelerometer to get the readings. Then again, I never said it was 100% accurate, and my initial comment of "can't trust the g-sensor when there's body roll" holds. This is true for anyone's RSM unit with g-sensor as much as it holds true for mine, though more accurately, I should have said, "can't trust it to measure lateral g when there's body roll" Does that mean it's useless? Not really, because we are using the g-sensor as a gauge of how much we pushed our cars through the turns, and we can use it to gauge the amount of body roll.

Does that mean that it can't measure lateral g's? Not fully accurately, but for automotive purposes where comparison is done by per run basis on the same car, it's good enough. The body roll can be considered negligible, depending on where it's mounted. That's why most g sensors tend to end up in the exact center of the car, where roll is most minimal. And one benefit of accelerometers vs GPS is that it knows where the front of the car is at all times.

Then what does it measure? It measures g-forces and acceleration. and direcly, taking into account of road camber, elevation changes, and direction of car. So a car can pull higher g's into a turn if the car rolls enough even with lower grip. I mention the reading's off because I think that the body roll(maybe due to road camber/suspension setting is making the g-sensor/accelerometer reading high even on the slow turns. Laptimer came in and exclaimed there is no error and how wrong I was because the car was using GPS to calculate the lateral g.. He loves saying that everyone is wrong/inferior to his superior intellect. LOL.

That's why I also said only the driver and pit crew knows how useful the data is. As they can measure the previous g-force and current one based on road conditions and car body roll to decide what changes they need to do on the car. The rest is off topic as it became an argument on how accurate each method of measurement is.

Some articles I read even accept the reading of the accelerometer with the tilt/vehicle roll (on level ground) as valid lateral g readings, the reason being that the suspension is already absorbing some of the lateral g's that would have acted on the car. Some articles say no, because a high angle of bodyroll (soft suspension) affects the measurement, so no 100% conclusion. But do remember that tilt plays havoc with g-sensor readings, so even though accelerometer can measure lateral g's, HOW you measure it is also important. This page from the Auxbox manual (add later) obviously shows that if you mount it wrong, the reading will be wrong.. if it's wrong, during calibration it will show E for error, and although you can still log with it in that condition, forget saying it's 100% accurate.

The GPS method.

(I don't know much about GPS 'measuring' lateral g's so I had to read a bit, and my initial assumptions are right, due to one simple fact that I didn't notice till I wrote this.. the position of the front end of the car, sometimes I miss the simplest things)

Laptimer was ranting so much about speed on GPS more accurate than tyre measurements..but we aren't measuring speeds, we're measuring acceleration. :)
The GPS method uses the skidpad formula, but slightly modified since acceleration is not constant unlike in skidpad test. It uses position vs time. Where got need speed bro laptimer...

It measures the distance/time to get the acceleration, then calculates the radius of the turn.

but is only as accurate as the GPS's accuracy, and the data on hand.

So how GPS calculates lateral G data? I tracked like usual way track cars take a turn. Out-in-out. It's called an estimation because mainly because it estimates a lot of things. A GPS doesn't know if you drifted sideways through the turn or you spun out while taking the turn. For gps users out there, you know what I mean.. reversing out of your house also it shows your car driving forward... LOL.

They call it lateral g because it takes two or more points and extrapolates it to be a part of a large circle, and uses the centripital acceleration equation to calculate the lateral G. (this is the cheaper GPS way of calculating lateral g's. Marketing speak on some of the brochures these GPS systems: Accurately measure lateral g's.... ROFL!

lateral calc.GIF

first X to third X = distance, 28m time from first X to third X(substitute whatever X position you want), but limit it to 1sec elapsed time, which makes the acceleration to be 28m/s. Position of first and third X has a radius of 60m. One thing I find strange is because Laptimer keep referring to speed, yes, skidpad formula can use speed & time, but that's because speed is constantly maintained. For GPS systems, why bother? can calculate distance based on two or more geolocation points, time elapsed and immediately get acceleration data.
So using the centripetal equation divide by g constant, (Velocity^2/radius)/9.8
(28^2/60m/9.8)=1.3g
Another method measures it versus the turn radius of the track (dotted lines in red). This is the more expensive GPS datalogging systems which has track mapping data. It tracks the acceleration of the car vs. the track's turn radius, not radius between two or more points. Accuracy is higher than the earlier method, but ultimately depending on how accurate the positioning data is. Without ground stations, our geolocation data is not fine enough for more accurate positioning data of the car, so that's why I said it's not accurate.

Summary

So, to make Laptimer satisfied, because he said my comments were making people think that GPS cannot read/measure lateral G at all. Was I wrong? You be the judge.
Sure it can measure Gs, because G = acceleration, but it can't figure out the direction, it just assumes the direction based on positioning data.
So, 3 sentences for those who want to know whether who is right or wrong....

Statement 1) GPS can be used to estimate lateral G an object through a turn, not lateral G of the car. It cannot be used to measure the lateral G of the car due to statement no 2. I bet google didn't tell bro laptimer that. :P

Statement 2) GPS assumes that the car is 'facing' forward at all times, or the side of the car always faces the side of the corner.
(no drifting or going sideways :P) < simplest explanation that I missed. LOL.

Statement 3) GPS gives positioning data, not directional data. Directional data is assumed by comparing current location from previous location via tracklogs. These readings are not real time, they are processed only when the tracklogs are downloaded to a computer.

That's why the article he quoted said it was an estimation. Somehow an estimation became an object of high accuracy, because the some of the product brochures he mentioned used the word 'measure' lateral Gs, plus the word 'accurately'.

Counter argument is that there can be two GPS receivers recording the location of the front vs the rear of the car. But is our Malaysia GPS geolocation data that accurate without ground stations? And who in the right mind in Malaysia runs two GPS receivers on one car? Raise their hands please... :P That particular about position of your car ah?

Oh, if it so happens that someone thinks it is accurate, here's a simple test.. lock coordinates of the front end and rear end of your car.. then measure distance between two points.. If you can get it accurate, you must have some super GPS receiver, and can sell that to Malaysian military for use.. hehehe.. You can see how this error makes it easy for gps to overestimate or underestimate the lateral G.

Heck, I experienced this a lot tagging POIs, and although I'm standing right in front of the shop when tagging POIs, checking back on shows the shop as being across the street. Seems like sometimes GPS signal bounces off buildings and gives slight geolocation errors, and the 'across the street' is definitely more than 3 metres.

I think any reader here can judge how accurate this estimation is compared to accelerometers. even the two axis accelerometers knows where the front of the car is.. :P
Tilt might be an issue, but you'd know if the road is level, and you're having very high g's when cornering at slow speed = excessive body roll.. or if your car doesn't feel like it's rolling much, but you still register high g's at high speeds.. you have a very grippy car :P.. probably the only car that doesn't roll much is those F1 or SuperGT cars, where their G sensor readings are probably the closest measurement to lateral g that's not done on a skidpad.

Nothing so clear cut on right or wrong. :). More you read on lateral g measurement methods, can argue till next year.. :P

That's how laptimer argues his point, and why it sounds convincing. Google up 'keyboard warrior' if you don't know what that is. :P

Is he TOTALLY wrong? NOT Really. GPS with ground stations do get it down to +/-1m accuracy in OTHER COUNTRIES, but in Malaysia got such high accuracy that can use as track datalogging tool for lateral g's? I guess Laptimer really a 'boleh' person.

Does that means it's useless? People do use it, in fact Laptimer's links to a PDF shows that it can be used to estimate, but that's just what it is, an estimation.

Last edited:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
[Warning, this is long, you can just skip to the end part to get the point of all this.]
this is short, so no nid to skip to the end part.

holy crapness.. that's one long-ass read! :banghead:
daiyum!

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
To give credit to him, he did know some facts, or rather he googled for everything that suited his arguments.. and there came a point where he fabricated some to suit his arguments, so I took that as a cue to exit.
harr?? wat ting fabricated? is no google ok is ah seng know one

gps know position
position first derivative is de speed
second derivative is de acceleration
all these is physic true dis one you wan to argue onli make you looks worst

His comment about testing on skidpad confirmed my suspicions that he was a keyboard warrior, and likely doesn't even own a car. Which was why I gave up at that point. For those not in the know, a "skidpad" is a NOT specific place. A big enough parking lot/area will do, just have to make sure the surface is tar/asphalt and not something smooth like cement flooring. This affects grip and you know how much grip you have in those cement floorings like in some parking lots. It has to be level to minimize as much errors possible due to uneven surface. This is how those lateral g is measured by magazines to make it as close as possible for a general comparison. They don't run it at lab standards because it's difficult to replicate every single factor that affects grip like tyre compound, temps and changing surface friction.
abaden??? why say the obvious ting every one alrdy know?? skid pad testing on same skid pad same day test de gps and the manual calcuation and oso the accelemeter see got all 3 same or not. dis one we all got do b4

The funniest part was him saying that g-sensors/accelerometers are have worse accuracy compared to GPS distance/time measurements, and he can actually replicate the measurements on a skidpad. ROFL!! Baited and caught. Lateral Gs on a skidpad tends to come up low, and he says he can make constant high g's.. Bro laptimer, you must drive a supercar!
helo!!! low is wat? high is wat? your low is tan high is lim medium is my very high so wat?? wat is de number in de end? 0.8? 1.1? tok number dun tok word lah!!!

of cos can replicate on skidpad !!

Yet you didn't win the TTA.. too bad...
yes i not fariz i not win de tta but at list i got trophy n win my class
my trophy i got by learn by practice by use de gps by drive ok
wat abt YOU??? wat you got? you got even join tta? or you onli keybord warror here type to ah seng???

Laptimer pooh-poohed the 3m or more CEP (circular error probablility) of the GPS, but let's see what happens when I increase the radius to 23m
(12.5x12.5/23)/9.8= 0.6932120674356699 lateral g... and that's just with the minimum error probablility.
helo!!! you dun even know what 3m cep mean izzit?? you know how long it take to finish one turn? or one ski pad test? 4 - 60 sec
in de 4 - 60 sec how much the gps drift? your line is your line even with de drift in the 4 - 60 sec when you come back same place your position never change and all the g reading is reference from 0.1 to 0.2 sec before onli

dun confuse other pple with de 3m cep thing for instananous g reading
you touch your heart firs see weder you truly unnderstand first
then you tok
dun unnerstan dun tok!! simple!!

In cars, one thing that affects measurement of acceleration is tilt, this is because two axis accelerometers are affected by tilt....We are using the g-sensor as a gauge of how much we pushed our cars through the turns, and we can use it to gauge the amount of body roll.
helo!! all accelemeter 1 axis 2 axis 3 axis are all affect by tilt lah! jus dat 2 n 3 axis can easier to see any off axis installation by see de number on flat groun at rest
plus if groun very flat then can calculate body roll from vertical g if got 2 or 3 axis

if you have oni de 1 axis accelermeter n you no have de suspension position for calculate roll of sprung mass
or if you no have de 3 laser ride height for calcualte roll
den you cannot correc de accel reading properly n you dunno how much 'lateral' come from real lateral relative to path axis de car axis n de roll v ^_^ v

or if you no have de gyro to integrate for de yaw angle
or if you no have slip angle sensor
you dunno de chassis slip angle oso n so you dunno your true lateral oso relative to path HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
see lah! you wan to talk abt estimation dis is wat you get! either all is measure or all is estimateion but you small eye small tinking cannot admit these one

how??? you like seng de google skill? actually i using the yahoo only!!
ask you anoder question since you soooo expert !!! tink carefully den answer ok??

after a car with full sensor finish de skid pad test n you see the data n you compare wid de manual calculation using de photocell timer n driving de accurat circle which 'lateral' in de data will match the manual calcalation? is it de lateral g in relation to de chassis? or lateral g in relation to the path (de circle!) HAHAHHAHHAHA which one gps meaure n which one accelerometer measure ???

v ^_^ v

these question i oso yahoo one. now seng got holiday chrismas new year all these got many time to yahoo

Does that mean that it can't measure lateral g's? Not fully accurately, but for automotive purposes where comparison is done by per run basis on the same car, it's good enough.
good enough? ruffly ruffly can? dis called ESTIMATION alrdy!! HAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

The body roll can be considered negligible, depending on where it's mounted. That's why most g sensors tend to end up in the exact center of the car, where roll is most minimal.
helo!! chassis is stiff ok! roll is roll!!! roll front = roll rear
you tink middle very littl roll den front got alot rear got alot? wat chassis is dat??? chassis make of noodle? make of roti?? can twist so much? wah lau eh!!! you can sensible or not?

the real reason accelermter is put at or near de cg is so it dun measure the accleration of one end of the car oni!!
eg you put on at the nose you will see lateral g reading hi on turn in den reduce back to normal after car alrdy take set and middle of de corner already
sometime put accelermeter 1 at front axle 1 at rear axle is can be use see handling
but for measure de lateral g wrt de chassis use the cg position is best

wah my yahoo realli not bad hor!!!!! i loves yahoo
sometime i tink you use google but i use yahoo i still win de keybord war cos yahoo more powerul i can find the information better than you n google!!

And one benefit of accelerometers vs GPS is that it knows where the front of the car is at all times.
SURE ANOT???? TELL ME HOW LEH!!

if you no have de gyro to integrate for de yaw angle
you dunno de chassis slip angle oso n so you dunno your true lateral oso relative to path
meaning you dunno where the front of the car is!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
see lah! you wan to talk abt estimation dis is wat you get! either all is measure or all is estimateion but you small eye small tinking cannot admit these one

A GPS doesn't know if you drifted sideways through the turn or you spun out while taking the turn.
accelermeter OSO DUNNO THESE! hahhahahhaha

but wat gps always know is lateral g wrt to path n dis figure is very important!! accelerometer STILL DUNNO THESE!!!

SO... GPS WiN!! HAHAHHAHHAHAH

Without ground stations, our geolocation data is not fine enough for more accurate positioning data of the car, so that's why I said it's not accurate.
helo!!! you dun even know what 3m cep mean izzit?? you know how long it take to finish one turn? or one ski pad test? 4 - 60 sec
in de 4 - 60 sec how much the gps drift? your line is your line even with de drift in the 4 - 60 sec when you come back same place your position never change and all the g reading is reference from 0.1 to 0.2 sec before onli

dun confuse other pple with de 3m cep thing for instananous g reading
you touch your heart firs see weder you truly unnderstand first
then you tok
dun unnerstan dun tok!! simple!!

Statement 3) GPS gives positioning data, not directional data. Directional data is assumed by comparing current location from previous location via tracklogs. These readings are not real time, they are processed only when the tracklogs are downloaded to a computer.
HELO!! you get de lateral g on the spot while driving lah! it's a channel in the system itself lah!!!!! wat not real time? you got use b4 or not???? you take 2 position already have vector lah dey!!!

Counter argument is that there can be two GPS receivers recording the location of the front vs the rear of the car.
see the photo i attach hahhahah

Heck, I experienced this a lot tagging POIs, and although I'm standing right in front of the shop when tagging POIs, checking back on shows the shop as being across the street. Seems like sometimes GPS signal bounces off buildings and gives slight geolocation errors, and the 'across the street' is definitely more than 3 metres.
Helo!! dun say multipath error all dis lah... we toking track leh! dis not KLCC ok!! duhhhhzzzz

even the two axis accelerometers knows where the front of the car is..
harr?? how?????? tell us leh!! i oso wan to learn!!

if you no have de gyro to integrate for de yaw angle
you dunno de chassis slip angle oso n so you dunno your true lateral oso relative to path
meaning you dunno where the front of the car is!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

More you read on lateral g measurement methods, can argue till next year..
lai lai lai!! we argu until nex year ok! 2011 see you more my brudder!!!

you n de google VS me n de yahoo!! we see who can search internet fasta and who de better keybord warror is!!!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
already mentioned 2 gps systems and CEP, also most stuff you mentioned.

And you keep arguing your point, but nothing supports the high accuracy of GPS systems in Malaysia that allows measurements of small movements.

Anyway, lost interest in this argument already, since people wait for your TTA trophy photo also got bored of waiting.

Last edited:

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
Anyway, lost interest in this argument already, since people wait for your TTA trophy photo also got bored of waiting.
brudder bryant dun anyhow say lose interest leh!
you write abt the gps and de accelemter
i oso write loh!
dun tell me google and yahoo got nothing to teach us liao??
we must keep keybord war
izzit cos you cannot find ani more ting on google to say dat you giving up?

from you i still wan to unnerstan

1. how to know where de nose of de car is with onli accelermeter
  2. wich one more impt to know:: lateral g wrt chassis or lateral g wrt to chassis path
  3. gps drift is how much in 4 secon and how much in 60 secon show me your test den i show you mine!!
  4. how to use accelemeter to win de tta

these ting is very very very importan to many pple!!!

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

And you keep arguing your point, but nothing supports the high accuracy of GPS systems in Malaysia that allows measurements of small movements.
harr?? helo!! why malaysia cannot using rtk gps? why cannot use own basestation? 2cm cep not good? hahahahahhahahaha
aiyoh bryant pls dun tok cok leh! tok properly can anot? tok sense leh dun nonsense!!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Laptimer, actually the chip inside the accelerometer does tell you. It stated there. X axis, and Y axis. This is a 3 axis chip. Is technician or human that install the sensor in the car so I think he/she would know where is the front of the car right? A accelerometer won't suddenly appear inside a car by itself...Prior to installing there sure is instruction on how to mount the sensor.

You see the G sensor on the RSM also show you the mounting direction.

Last edited:

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
Laptimer, actually the chip inside the accelerometer does tell you. It stated there. X axis, and Y axis. This is a 3 axis chip. Is technician or human that install the sensor in the car so I think he/she would know where is the front of the car right? A accelerometer won't suddenly appear inside a car by itself...Prior to installing there sure is instruction on how to mount the sensor.

You see the G sensor on the RSM also show you the mounting direction.
tankyou titanrev
yes got x and y axis
but my saying is when you are driving anycar will have chassis slip angle
accelemeter will not know chassis slip angle
if dunno dis den true lateral g along path will not know
oni latera g wrt to chassis n not path
for chassis slip need either gyro or slip angle sensor or two antenna rtk gps
happynewyear to you and bryant!!!!!!!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks for the pic titanrev, though that's actually 2 axis, it's missing the z axis.

Bryant isn't my name, I posted with a friends account accidentally.

If 3cm is the cep of gps, then of course the gps can be considered accurate, but it's not 3 centimetres, more like 3 meters plus.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

and laptimer, when you talk about slip angle, you forget that when the car slides, the lateral g decreases, that's why lateral g on the skidpad doesnt count when the car slips/drifts. With the accelerometer, the moment the car slips, the g sensor will detect a sudden drop in g force readings after the initial spike as the tires break traction and use that as as a measurement of lateral g. With gps, it will see the car moving fast horizontally, and consider that as lateral g, which is why the article you quoted said an overestimation of lateral g. And yes, gps has been used to measure yaw angle for drift car, and the accuracy in quite good because the deviation between the two is very close, like I mentioned, gps signals can bounce of buildings resulting in error, but if both are receiving the same deviation from that error, then it can still measure slip
angle correctly, but as you can see in lateral g calculations, slip angle is not a factor in measuring lateral g, nor is it on topic.

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
rtk can 2 CM cep
even 3 M cep doesn't change very fast from lap to lap
dis can be prove

but pls answer those 4 question if you can hahhahahha

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

and laptimer, when you talk about slip angle, you forget that when the car slides, the lateral g decreases, that's why lateral g on the skidpad doesnt count when the car slips/drifts.
abaden!! we toking chassis slip, not sliding lah dey! sliding is already expanding radius who dunno these???

With the accelerometer, the moment the car slips, the g sensor will detect a sudden drop in g force readings
sliding is not slip angle altho sliding ofen got slip angle
sliding can have 0 slip angle change from grip
slip is not slip angle change
wat you jus say about g sensor will detect sudden drop in g is oni true for sliding n not slip angle
n depen if 1 or 2 axis you can see almos 0 g but then path still have near full g oni you cannot see cos of the accelemeter limit hahahhahhah
aiyoh i tot you expert???

which is why the article you quoted said an overestimation of lateral g. And yes, gps has been used to measure yaw angle for drift car, and the accuracy in quite good because the deviation between the two is very close, like I mentioned, gps signals can bounce of buildings resulting in error, but if both are receiving the same deviation from that error, then it can still measure slip
angle correctly, but as you can see in lateral g calculations, slip angle is not a factor in measuring lateral g, nor is it on topic.
helo!!! you say you know where de nose of de car is with oni acceleometer
dis is impossible cos you dunno chassis slip angle
you poor thing you are so lost dunno up down left or right
now you say slip angle doesn't matter cos you dunno how to fine it with acceleermet er onli HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

seng here still waiting for you to tell the whole world how to know slip angle with acceleemeter oni!!! slip angle is mus know for true lateral g wrt path!!!

you dam funni lah you
everi time you tink you got something special to say den you suddenly got interest to say
den when you got nothing and you trap alrdy got no prove no data no test nothing den you say you lose interest
actuali is not you lose interest
IS DAT YOU LOST THE ARGUMEN ALRDY! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
if so accurate, then no need transpoders while racing already. Still think gps accurate?

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
if so accurate, then no need transpoders while racing already. Still think gps accurate?
hahahahah you try to run again???? never answer the questions??? hahahhahahaha you funni pple almos funni like me das why i like you
we bof entertaner !!!
you know why transponder need anot? cos the pple in charge of de race need their own confirmation of de laptime from same start finish lah!!! you tink they wan go to each team and ask them for their data to see laptime n see who win??? de team can cheat liddat! team can claim equipment pecha got no data to give
so de race ordanizer mus have their own tranponder!! even the transponder can got problem sometime n some race organier have back up system using very high speed video at the finish line!!!!

keep coming brudder we can go 900 roun together entertaan one anoder!!!!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
run away? You already know gps accuracy can only be improved by ground stations, i'm sure you can google "how accurate is gps". All sure to mention the need to have ground stations to improve the positioning. Malaysia got? If your positioning is wrong already, somehow can still obtain accurate measurements from that?

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
run away? You already know gps accuracy can only be improved by ground stations, i'm sure you can google "how accurate is gps". All sure to mention the need to have ground stations to improve the positioning. Malaysia got? If your positioning is wrong already, somehow can still obtain accurate measurements from that?
helo!!! you can get your own groundstation if you serious lah go research
you can use google to research hahahhahha
even if no groundstation jus normal gps the drift is very small over a few seconds or even a few minute
pls lah dun stupid stupid repeat the same thing
go n test!!! you say practical best right so go n test!!
150 secon come back same spot is within 2cm ok
now tink 10 secon to do 1 turn say with 20 hz or 100 hz gps
very very accurat hahhahahhahaha

you dunno wat you toking onli
act smart but oni tok cok
you dunno differen btwn absolute position n relative position n how dey related to gps drift and cep n g calculation