Smell From Engine To My Car

Corson

Apr 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
I have a problem with my proton saga 2.
The smell from engine go into my car when I drive.
I check my air cond and service it, even I have close the cooling system . So the air from engine will not come in.
However, the smell still there, especially when I drive balik kampung. Cannot tahan all the petrol /ekzos gas/smell come into my car.
Anyone have the experience, and pls introduce anyone can solve this problem?
Thank you and appreciate:burnout:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The person to solve your problem probably be a CAR WORKSHOP MECHANIC.

Corson

Apr 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Any workshop can recommend?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Carson, you mean outside smell come into the cabin?. I believe you drive a BLM right? if so then is because your blower there don't have a paper filter. Try to open your glove box and you see a cassette type slot that you can open out. inside you will see a mesh....that's where you can put a paper filter. The paper filter will provide better filtration of the air. If you can try to look for those charcoal filter and put inside. This might help reduce the smell....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Carson, you mean outside smell come into the cabin?. I believe you drive a BLM right? if so then is because your blower there don't have a paper filter. Try to open your glove box and you see a cassette type slot that you can open out. inside you will see a mesh....that's where you can put a paper filter. The paper filter will provide better filtration of the air. If you can try to look for those charcoal filter and put inside. This might help reduce the smell....
Like this?

Btw, does our car have a external filter? Outside of the car, at the wiper there?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Like this?

Btw, does our car have a external filter? Outside of the car, at the wiper there?
If not wrong, only have internal one....I think persona also same area at glove box there... Try open and take out the wire mesh and see...very dirty one....but can wash....you can get the paper filter from spare part shop....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If not wrong, only have internal one....I think persona also same area at glove box there... Try open and take out the wire mesh and see...very dirty one....but can wash....you can get the paper filter from spare part shop....
I washed it 3 times. Blower cleaned it as well.
Some silicone spray for the motor there to reduce friction noises.
But will paper filter slow down the air flow? Because this plastic one like no filter, only for bigger rubbish.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
so, this is the reason why outside smell always went into my wife saga..she' been complaining since a long time ago about this. i send d car to aircon shop, they oso dunno d problem.

Corson

Apr 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
So, if not an exhaust. The smell really like from exhaust. You have any solution onthis?

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Thanks. I will try. But If I put the paper, does the air blow will be block?

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

It seem many saga car have the same problem

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

I check my car, no external filter. So how to fix this if no place to fix it.?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

[Need Advice] Lowering Car Height

Hi guys.
Currently im using GAB sport springs for my car.
Gap between tyre and fender is as follow; Front = 2 fingers, Rear = 3 fingers

I wanna ask, is there any way to lower the REAR gap to match the FRONT? becoz now the car now is slightly 'tonggek'. not really noticable though..

I dont want to cut my springs or 'bakar' and compress the springs, as i heard this will shorten the spring lifespan and its not safe..

If i change my standard...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience