Silvertop and its limits

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Did the silvertop ever came with a MAP sensor, and whats the difference between the pre & post 1993 silvertop ?

There was a thread in a US forum stating that a post 1993 silvertop is better/more refined than the pre 1993 versions...but that guy failed to state why exactly, is there any truth to this?

Also read that because of the AFM sensor in a silvertop, its expensive & complicated to run open ITB?

ALso looking for a ae100 with 4age 20valve, prefer BT.:biggrin:

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
Did the silvertop ever came with a MAP sensor, and whats the difference between the pre & post 1993 silvertop ?

There was a thread in a US forum stating that a post 1993 silvertop is better/more refined than the pre 1993 versions...but that guy failed to state why exactly, is there any truth to this?

Also read that because of the AFM sensor in a silvertop, its expensive & complicated to run open ITB?

ALso looking for a ae100 with 4age 20valve, prefer BT.:biggrin:

Silvertop is AFM no MAP sensor
pre & post 1993 silvertop, engine part are the same.

post 1993 silvertop, why can said it better? mind to tell some story here, since i saw the internal part also the same?

Silvertop if want to use ITB thrumpet... need to mod to MAP sensor 1st or else change to Blacktop wiring, another method is use a device (I forgot what it call already, but i saw before) to lie the AFM lo...

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
post 1993 silvertop, why can said it better? mind to tell some story here, since i saw the internal part also the same?
Like I said, I only read it only a forum..and they did not provide an explanation, so I asked here hoping for some enlightenment.

Silvertop if want to use ITB thrumpet... need to mod to MAP sensor 1st or else change to Blacktop wiring, another method is use a device (I forgot what it call already, but i saw before) to lie the AFM lo...
I saw a thread about this on another forum, seems like alot of work.:hmmmm:

3,000 RPM
Jun 28, 2006
bro excel...lookin toward toyota ady ar?...how bout ur current ride ? selling liao ar?

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
scomatic said:
easiest way is use the blacktop wiring on silvertop...
So just need BT wiring & MAP sensor? what if the sensor not mounted properly?, ECU use back SVT? Wont send wrong signals?

bro excel...lookin toward toyota ady ar?...how bout ur current ride ? selling liao ar?
Haha yea. Hoping for a AE100 bodied 4AGE 20V :biggrin:. Current car have to sell lo.. then gonna go back to standard *sigh*

3,000 RPM
Jun 28, 2006
welcome to da club.....hehe

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
for what i had did with my mango(TE72), silver top works well for me. it's easier to tune since it's run on AFM, (highly recommended to run on after market ECU) it will let you squeeze out more power from it. So far i manage to get 9200rpm with my stock silvertop+blacktop cam w/o vvti on mines ECU. currently still didn't have the dyno data yet. will update after i finish rebuilding mango's chassis.

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
I'm running SVT with MAP. Mine were modded this way

- original SVT wiring
- BT's ECU
- MAP thingy

Mechanic do some tapping with the SVT wiring, and then there goes the ITB's sound ...
Good luck!:driver:

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
So just need BT wiring & MAP sensor? what if the sensor not mounted properly?, ECU use back SVT? Wont send wrong signals?
1. remove SVT ECU, and remove SVT AFM.
2. use all BT wiring, BT ECU, and BT Map sensor. Remove SVT Wiring,
3. engine wiring are almost all can be pnp
4. rewiring which is to the meter, and internal
5. put in trumpet
6. enjoy the trumpet ITB sound... :driver:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
So far i manage to get 9200rpm with my stock silvertop+blacktop cam w/o vvti on mines ECU. currently still didn't have the dyno data yet. will update after i finish rebuilding mango's chassis.
Your man-go sideways, full on drift monster ( I read your blog so dont try to hide it :P). I'd like to the vvt intact & working.

- original SVT wiring
- BT's ECU
- MAP thingy

Mechanic do some tapping with the SVT wiring, and then there goes the ITB's sound ...
Good luck!:driver:
1. remove SVT ECU, and remove SVT AFM.
2. use all BT wiring, BT ECU, and BT Map sensor. Remove SVT Wiring,
3. engine wiring are almost all can be pnp
4. rewiring which is to the meter, and internal
5. put in trumpet
6. enjoy the trumpet ITB sound... :driver:
Alright, 2 ways of doing it then..

So I guess getting a SVT isnt so going to banish me from getting into the ITB orchestra. Awesome.

Will it cost a bomb tho?

I really appreciate the feedback guys!

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
Alright, 2 ways of doing it then..

So I guess getting a SVT isnt so going to banish me from getting into the ITB orchestra. Awesome.

Will it cost a bomb tho?

I really appreciate the feedback guys!

If you still haven't got SVT, I suggest you brought BT lo... Save more...
because if follow my way, you need to standby at least or less than RM 1.5k to buy wiring, ECU and Map sensor... Workmanship depend on the workman charges lo... So if buy SVT: RM 2500 + RM 1500 (wiring BT, Map and ECU) + RM 1500 (installation) = RM 5500; if buy 5 Speed BT: RM 3500 + RM 1500 (installation) = RM 5000; if buy 6 speed RM 4500 + RM 1500 (installation) = RM 6000...

So you decide la...

Last edited:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
The cheapest way would be to retain SVT wiring and just get BT ECU and MAP sensor. The wiring part is rather subjective but an SVT will definitely need a BT ECU to run MAP (or aftermarket standalone EMS for that matter). Cost would be somewhere between RM1k to RM1.5k depending on the setup. If using BT engine harness, BT ECU, BT sensor... its gonna cost around RM1.5k. If just using BT ECU and modify existing SVT engine harness to support MAP (and of coz AFM bypass) it would be a lot cheaper.

Let's hear the stacks roar!

Known Member
Sep 5, 2008
hi bro,if svt use bt ecu with svt wiring(do some mod)n i wanna put in trumpet.izit no need to install map sensor n no need buy it?
thanks alot.

Last edited:

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
You definately need the map sensor. I spend

- BT's ECU (Rm400.00)
- Trumpet (Rm550.00 from our senior member here)
- Map + tapping wiring (Rm600.00)

There goes my SVT with sweet orchestra.

Bro scomatic was right. Better get a 6speed HalfCut is cheaper. I spend additional $ for the change of the gearbox, cam, just to get done with a BT's similiarities. However, the throttle body intake / head cannot be done unless change to a BT's head. SVT intake are much smaller compare to BT. To fit in BT's 4 throttle, it is almost non matching (haven't try to rebore it, perhaps someone can enlighten me on this part)

With my current SVT to BT's combo, i'm more than happy to own this unique trumpet ochestra.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,
Behalf of my fren to bring up this question.
he mivec gearbox got problem, plan to change but quite expensive to get back original. workshop offer him 4WD gearbox with very reasonable price..
Anyone running this set up before? can share opinion ? :hmmmm: Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience