Proton Wira/Persona Fuse Box Diagram?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
have you tried removing the fuel hose at the fuel pump and crank the engine when its cold?

another long shot item is the fuel filler cap.try borrow from one from similar model.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
have you tried removing the fuel hose at the fuel pump and crank the engine when its cold?
I had the fuel pump replaced and while the car was up on the jack, I manually checked the steel lines leading to the front making sure there are no crimps or irregular bends. Wasn't expecting anymore fuel issues

another long shot item is the fuel filler cap.try borrow from one from similar model.
Interesting, I never thought of the fuel filler cap. It's a long shot but interesting idea of how cooling temperatures may produce a slight vacuum air pressure preventing fuel from being pumped out.

Will definitely look into this. Thanks

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Interesting, I never thought of the fuel filler cap. It's a long shot but interesting idea of how cooling temperatures may produce a slight vacuum air pressure preventing fuel from being pumped out.

On my Chery SUV I am getting a reverse effect. Normal crank start every time, but if I open the fuel cap to refuel then close back I have to crank longer to start, or at least 3 times. Once started, it becomes normal again unless I open the fuel cap.....lol

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

I wonder if the breather assembly will cause any issues

have u check if your car sending enough fuel pressure for priming?

do you heard any fuel pump sound during first key turned-on?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Even if fuel pump, first already changed and second why only morning:smokin:......lol

Not suspecting the fuelpump... But more towards fuelpump controller...

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Update - The past few mornings, I had difficulty starting the car. So I opened the fuel filler cap. I read if there's a vacuum, there will be a whoosh sound when the cap is opened. Didn't hear any such sound. I just open and immediately closely back. Strangely, the car was able to start after that. Each time it won't start, I just release/normalise the pressure in the tank and it will start.

Thanks to all who helped. Specially gunnerzz :party:

Now I have to wait till I finish that full tank of petrol before I ask the workshop to lower the tank :biggrin:
Still want to find out why it's not breathing properly

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Update - The past few mornings, I had difficulty starting the car. So I opened the fuel filler cap. I read if there's a vacuum, there will be a whoosh sound when the cap is opened. Didn't hear any such sound. I just open and immediately closely back. Strangely, the car was able to start after that. Each time it won't start, I just release/normalise the pressure in the tank and it will start.

Thanks to all who helped. Specially gunnerzz :party:

Now I have to wait till I finish that full tank of petrol before I ask the workshop to lower the tank :biggrin:
Still want to find out why it's not breathing properly
So the reverse of my Chery SUV effect. Maybe you need to use a loose fuel cap......lol:rofl:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The fuel filler cap has a function but i forgot what it is.
my brother and i was doing trial and error to find fault in his fuel system not to long ago and he did teach me but i forgot already.

Anyway,glad to hear it solve the problem.
might as well change the fuel filler cap.
if its raining then difficult for u to open the fuel cap rite..hahahha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there any chances vtec eng. go into saga. i heard vtec eng. can fit in ... is it true ..? :rolleyes:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience