Need some info about brake pads

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
guys with Brembo calipers, i have recently found more cost effective pads to replace original Brembo pads for half the cost. CCRG is the brand and is highly recommended by the Megane RS boys.

Although they are generally race pads, so they are hard and would squeal

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi,

Since talking about pads; just wanting to get a second/third opinion. Suggested to me for track is project U. Appreciate anyone could advice further.

Thanks.
Is not the brand, but the category now since is for track use, means you need high temperature pads.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
for a daily driver the Trestor Blue Advantage is good. But it's not that great on track. Perhaps Bendix Metal King?
He needs for his track car project that is why did not recommend Trestor Advantage.....:biggrin:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Owh Bro Madman himself say Rapidstop not good for track? Owh alright ultrex 700c is quite on the high side for my tiny budget. But good stuff comes with its price tag right. :banghead:

Will consider all befoe making my decision. :adore:thanks bro
That was the 550c Rapid Stop pads. If track there is the 800c and 900c pads.

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
That was the 550c Rapid Stop pads. If track there is the 800c and 900c pads.
Ya I might be going for the RS 800c one. Its price is still OK lah. Fading rate of this RS issit fast? Yes it depends on driving pattern/style and etc but just at average will it fade faster comparatively to other brands.

Amazingly was told that Endless pads (500c) one my friend can use up to 1 1/2 year(4-5 trackdays/race). I thot all that bite will finish very quicky. :listen:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Amazingly was told that Endless pads (500c) one my friend can use up to 1 1/2 year(4-5 trackdays/race). I thot all that bite will finish very quicky. :listen:
My Project Mu 400c last time lasted 3.5yrs/50k km on slotted disc with occasional spirited driving but I don't race on track.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Ya I might be going for the RS 800c one. Its price is still OK lah. Fading rate of this RS issit fast? Yes it depends on driving pattern/style and etc but just at average will it fade faster comparatively to other brands.

If seldom track, it will last long. For reviews on the RS 800c, you can maybe ask KENNY KUAN or Alex Chia. They used it for gymkhana events.

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
My Project Mu 400c last time lasted 3.5yrs/50k km on slotted disc with occasional spirited driving but I don't race on track.
Project Mu 400c is the "beststop" one boss? or different one. Saw some say 350c, some say 400c. confused edy. I think might be going for that one for now. Just preparing if in future got lucky can afford to shove different engine inside; so cannot use the pad already. So maybe waste also if buy like high ends one.

If seldom track, it will last long. For reviews on the RS 800c, you can maybe ask KENNY KUAN or Alex Chia. They used it for gymkhana events.
Alamak I really dont know any sifus in the industry, really just wanting to try to get involved. but for RS800c, I think I have to pass as for now. Toyota brake different, who knows the plan to shove in a toyota engine becomes a reality. :nurse:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Project Mu 400c is the "beststop" one boss? or different one. Saw some say 350c, some say 400c. confused edy. I think might be going for that one for now. Just preparing if in future got lucky can afford to shove different engine inside; so cannot use the pad already. So maybe waste also if buy like high ends one.

Alamak I really dont know any sifus in the industry, really just wanting to try to get involved. but for RS800c, I think I have to pass as for now. Toyota brake different, who knows the plan to shove in a toyota engine becomes a reality. :nurse:
Nope, not the Bestop, it's Type NS400 which is 1 class higher than Bestop. Bestop is 350c and the lowest range of Project Mu.
http://www.project-mu.co.jp/en/products/pad_ns.html
http://www.project-mu.co.jp/en/products/pad_bestop.html

I think if like that then better just buy the Trestor Blue Advantage like bro Izso & VR2 suggested, should be much cheaper and similar street pad performance type.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Owh Bro Madman himself say Rapidstop not good for track? Owh alright ultrex 700c is quite on the high side for my tiny budget. But good stuff comes with its price tag right. :banghead:
only the 550c which i used 5 years ago. i cannot comment on current generations of 550c (if there even is a different generation) or the higher temp versions. coz ive never used them. after the RS 550c i swapped out to Bendix Metal King Titanium. perfect and no issues. used it with single pot as well as 4pot calipers... best bang for buck pads i can think of. since u say money may be a bit tight, u can consider these pads first.

yes. had a friend with Endless SSS (500c) pads that ran multiple track days over a period of dunno how many years. those pads can really last.

Unfortunately, SSS is discontinued and replaced with a lower temp SSY. though u can still find some old stocks at sunway etc.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have a set of "Kings" pads up to 800c but need to really heat it up before the bites comes. Not sure if still in the market

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys can u please help me?..
i still confuse what to do with my car for the performance part..my budget is around rm 3000..what should i do first?

btw i use Satria Neo 1.6 Campro

thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience