Need some info about brake pads

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
I have a set of "Kings" pads up to 800c but need to really heat it up before the bites comes. Not sure if still in the market
Want to sell it off bro? Can try also, on my way to Sepang can pre heat the pads. Plus its not daily driven, so I think should be ok.

Very long long time ago ah bro since like the brand no longer around?:hmmmm:

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
only the 550c which i used 5 years ago. i cannot comment on current generations of 550c (if there even is a different generation) or the higher temp versions. coz ive never used them. after the RS 550c i swapped out to Bendix Metal King Titanium. perfect and no issues. used it with single pot as well as 4pot calipers... best bang for buck pads i can think of. since u say money may be a bit tight, u can consider these pads first.

yes. had a friend with Endless SSS (500c) pads that ran multiple track days over a period of dunno how many years. those pads can really last.

Unfortunately, SSS is discontinued and replaced with a lower temp SSY. though u can still find some old stocks at sunway etc.
The referance of Bendix Metal King Titanium refer to track use bro Madman?

Dont think will able to spend more than 400-500 for the pads itself as for now.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Want to sell it off bro? Can try also, on my way to Sepang can pre heat the pads. Plus its not daily driven, so I think should be ok.

Very long long time ago ah bro since like the brand no longer around?:hmmmm:
Cannot fit, mine are VR4 twin pot similar to Pajero V6. If can fit, you can have them actually because cannot use for daily.....lol

Yah! bought some time back, recommended by spare part shop. Cannot use for daily but when heat up really good.......hhahhaha:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Bendix Metal King for track may not be good enough and those pads quite cheap only around RM100 to 120 only....

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
Cannot fit, mine are VR4 twin pot similar to Pajero V6. If can fit, you can have them actually because cannot use for daily.....lol

Yah! bought some time back, recommended by spare part shop. Cannot use for daily but when heat up really good.......hhahhaha:biggrin:
Haha! Ok I missed that part using different brakes. Should have able to guess by ur nickname here. Hehe. Too bad for me.

Bendix Metal King for track may not be good enough and those pads quite cheap only around RM100 to 120 only....
Owh alright...noted that Sir.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004

Yes, im referring to track use. for that budget can also look at the endless SSS which is about RM550 from sunway...Bendix Metal King is about RM180

actually RM100-120 is the pricing for Bendix Genral CT. those may not be suitable for track use.

But the RM180-ish Bendix Metal King is more than capable for track day use honestly. I've used these pads (2 different versions) on 3 separate brake setups on 2 different cars. all performed perfectly. no fade and bite is always there when i need it.

unless ur pushing over 200km/h on the start/finish straight, and braking at the 50m mark, then maybe better pads are advisable. though i wont be surprised if the MKT can handle it too.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Bro vr2turbo,

Mind telling where you get the Trestor Advantage and the price for your twin pot?
As for your track use pads, interested in letting go? How bad is it during cold? :D

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, im referring to track use. for that budget can also look at the endless SSS which is about RM550 from sunway...Bendix Metal King is about RM180

actually RM100-120 is the pricing for Bendix Genral CT. those may not be suitable for track use.

But the RM180-ish Bendix Metal King is more than capable for track day use honestly. I've used these pads (2 different versions) on 3 separate brake setups on 2 different cars. all performed perfectly. no fade and bite is always there when i need it.

unless ur pushing over 200km/h on the start/finish straight, and braking at the 50m mark, then maybe better pads are advisable. though i wont be surprised if the MKT can handle it too.
Bro, Madman, Nope I bought mine at RM100 to 120 from Bendix Metal King Plus, then Metal King Gold and the last was Metal King titanium. Titanium is the one with the blue strip to aid bedding in. All were used with my cross drilled disc rotor. I then switch to Trestor Advantage with solid disc after the cross drilled rotor wore off after 3 sets of Bendix.....hhahahhaha:rofl:
General CT cost below RM100. I think 80 to 90 only....:smokin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
m a v [3] r i c k;1064663690 said:
Bro vr2turbo,

Mind telling where you get the Trestor Advantage and the price for your twin pot?
As for your track use pads, interested in letting go? How bad is it during cold? :D
Got them from PH Auto, SEA Park.

Those track pads really bad when cold like no brakes. That is why after one week took them out.....lol
Probably other brand might be okay, like I heard EBC Yellow seems good from cold to hot...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, Madman, Nope I bought mine at RM100 to 120 from Bendix Metal King Plus, then Metal King Gold and the last was Metal King titanium. Titanium is the one with the blue strip to aid bedding in. All were used with my cross drilled disc rotor. I then switch to Trestor Advantage with solid disc after the cross drilled rotor wore off after 3 sets of Bendix.....hhahahhaha:rofl:
General CT cost below RM100. I think 80 to 90 only....:smokin:
You bought long time ago la bro. Maybe depending on the cars also. For mine, the MKT is already about rm200 just for rear pads, maybe cheapest can get around rm190. General CT is already about rm150 for mine. Over 4 yrs ago, the MKT was around rm150 for my rears.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Latest Trestor Advantage also RM120 only. Others for Wira, Myvi all below RM100.....:hmmmm:

Yah! probably car make and model plays a part too......:smokin:

xw4600

Known Member
Mar 13, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
one noob question

do i choose the original disk rotor or brembo disk rotor+brembo disk pad for my car ( accord sda 2.4l)

its more expensive when using the original....
BTW ... i use it for city driving

ty

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
one noob question

do i choose the original disk rotor or brembo disk rotor+brembo disk pad for my car ( accord sda 2.4l)

its more expensive when using the original....
BTW ... i use it for city driving

ty
You can use aftermarket brands. Many other brands in the market for both pads and rotors.....:driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Imperial War Museum runway at Duxford played host to the youngest ever test driver in Formula OneTM history today, with 16 year old Nabil Jeffri seeing his F1TM dream come true as he conducted a day of aero testing for Lotus Racing on the museum's Cambridgeshire runway. Fairuz Fauzy and Heikki Kovalainen were both on hand to lend their advice to the young Malaysian and Nabil, a key member of the AirAsia...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience