Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
they not copylah...perodua memang own by daihatsu n toyota wat...

sumore perodua change the headlamp design n bonnet edi...n bumper..etc

gloss

May 23, 2005
SJ
copy it means illegal le. can be sue anytime.. yes, perodua is link with Daihatsu and proton is with Lotus. but heard rumors BMW invest tech in proton plant.. dunno how true is this.. still cant find any evidence..

DJgErM

Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
yea basically its like that,perodua is under daihatsu but they manufacture the car locally based on the japanese design,technology and etc.But our malaysian has less packages and varities compared to jap.sad case la...no copen...hahaha.The diff between jap daihatsu and perodua is big in fact...haha..in quality wise and also the logos,engine and some optional accessories.

i guess its like this:
kembara = terios
kenari = move L9
kelisa = L7
Kancil = mira (many models like L3,L2,L2s,L5....)
myvi = sirion/boon, toyota passo....
YRV = here tak der la..if yes syok lo...turbo version syok

anyway myvi in malaysia is using 2 types of engine

for the 1 liter, its a 3 cylinder EJ-VE (same as kenari/kelisa but it has DVVT mechanism)

for the 1.3 liter,its similar to the YRV n/a engine
a 4 cylinder,DVVT, K3-VE engine
just telling wat i noe..pls correct me if i m wrong...hehe...

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
u c...perodua makes budget family car...tats is y they dun come out wit sports car which is not affordable for many ppl...

gloss

May 23, 2005
SJ
many solio wagon type-R at my home town... turbo charge some more.. deng nice le...

acbc

KD
Satria racer said:
yeh.. as the topic says :
myvi copied daihatsu..
i just saw a website that has a daihatsu car exactly like myvi.. n kembara :p.
any comments?
i know mivec n satria la... abt the same.

myvi aka sirion.

http://www.daihatsusales.com/daihatsu_charade.php

http://www.daihatsusales.com/daihatsu_sirion.php

http://www.daihatsusales.com/daihatsu_terios.php

copycats?

opinions plS~!!!

or im outdated?

-out-
Copy? I guess u don't Google much on the Internet huh? :tongue:

DJgErM

Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
gloss said:
many solio wagon type-R at my home town... turbo charge some more.. deng nice le...
yealo...solio mostly comes turbo charged..like that so much...in jap,solios are one of the most competitive k-car during track races...some fully modded...very kewl car....seldom see it in KL...

glosss taiko...wheres ur hometown?i have to go n pay u a visit so i could get hold a solio..haha

WBH8668

May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail

Daihatsu Zebra Epass (only built in Indonesia) = Perodua Rusa is Malaysia version.

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
I guess the topic starter haven't read much about myvi before he started this tread.... as stated by other members, dahaitsu has shares in perodua and toyota owns dahaitsu... so its not copying dahaitsu in anyway.. and in the press releases it was stated that engineers from perodua was involve in the design of myvi.. Give perodua a break man.. i believe they are doing a good job, quality is also good... hell look at the avanza... i say keep up the good work perodua..

na_power

Dec 13, 2004
later all toyota vios, toyota ist and bla bla bla will be 'pasang' by perodua.. and yes we can have cheaper price.... hehehehe

any one..! pls help me ..i have a problem here..
i own a Satria 1995, the problem was my steering a little bit wobble when on wavy road..
i already change the Tai-rod end , lower arm , cross member , power steering and steering rack bush.
But the problem still occur..
What i might think maybe the problem is from the steering shaft ( frm wheel steering under dashboard to steering rack..) plse any one if u have the before.
:driver: