Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Just a little thing that crossed my mind. Like many of you, I love motorised vehicles. I love cars, I love bikes. All these years I have never really attended motor sport events till lately. I went for the Formula Drift ... I went for TimeToAttack ... been to A1 races ... did attend Japan GT before.

What I noted is that, turn out is low. Malaysia's F1 struggles to breach 120,000 ticket sales each time. I do not think its even breached 150,000 before, however, I may be wrong. At Formula Drift 2012, the crowd was sparse. At TimeToAttack it was not crowded with spectators despite having so many nice local cars to see. Japan GT is not even that crowded.

Looking at events overseas, you see tons of people. At The Ring, the 24 hour race draws HUNDREDS of thousands. Are we really a motor sports nation? Even with free entry, why are spectators not coming out? What are your thoughts?

Attachments

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the track rental is so expensive, therefore organizers also have to increase the participant fees & also spectator fees.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

if like that how can our govt promote motorsports in MY? thats y we have alot of illegal racing everywhere.
they should revive BTSC track - batu 3 track.

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
lack of interest perhaps, among my friends (car enthusiast), none of them is F1 kaki.....

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
Wrong perception abt motorsport, lack of exposure... In Malaysia most ppl wont understand whats Motorsport, they thought got balls can be racing driver edi so wont get much respect and attention... We are still infant in world of motorsport...

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
tickets too expensive....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
sepang is too far for mass ppl.....

and lack of TV coverage.....

yeah...unlike soccer where mainstream sponsors can easily acquire tv to do live coverage, motorsports is more like inside the darkside of sports in malaysia....so getting the motorsports sponsor to do the tv coverage was quite a big task for them....

another thing related is the way of our motorised vehicle tax/bussines structure....it making ppl who were interested in motorsport being shorthanded....

in other way also..take example,a heavily modded complete with cage car also can be road legal provided the car meets its safety standard and have equipment such as lights etc etc comfirmed to road regulation.... :adore:

i'm not hating soccer or other sports, but i think it was over-rated than motorsports....since when fahmi@apek the goalkeeper do compete in moto3 motogp race? :biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
as per DanzEterna sez... we need lots and lots of track such as BTSC.. give a venue for these mat rempits and boyracers to vent their adrenaline in a safe, control environment that also reasonable and accessible

For now, motorsport is a sport for the riches like golf...

p/s: I'm not against those pro racer that came from rich background such as Tengku Djan/Jazeman Zakaria...

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Oh well ... Even with free entry the spectator turnout is low. Sometimes, when attending the event it looks like an event for mere the participants. Look at TimeToAttack ... Morning was track day, a lot entered for it. After their session all just balk la. Even they did not stay back. Goes to show that even the owners are only there for the cheap track day session. Interesting? Hmmmmm ...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
the track rental is so expensive, therefore organizers also have to increase the participant fees & also spectator fees.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

if like that how can our govt promote motorsports in MY? thats y we have alot of illegal racing everywhere.
they should revive BTSC track - batu 3 track.
mimpi lor boss.. when BN controlled Selangor government they sold the BTSC land to developer to build houses and make money already.

Who you think owns Sepang track and sits on the board?

majority of the dumb****s still voting for the government and then ask why like this why like that? cause you voted for this government lah that's why.

same goes for TALENT in motorsports.

why we send a pretty boy with nice hair to race in F1 where he has to wear a full face helmet cover face. if its a race to look pretty while driving we would have won.

then the not good looking indian who can drive like the wind and maybe give Makinen a challenge, what happen? no support, nobody want to support, nobody want to sponsor, nobody gave a shit.

SPORTS is utter rubbish in this country lah. Where you think Nicol David train? LCW? He started training since young thanks to family, not government. Motorsports require way more $$$ than just buying a racquet. Most expensive badminton racquet you buy also less than RM2k. For RM2k, not sure if you can buy tyres or not. Again, this is because of the government majority voted for.

You know who is the Tokoh Industri Sukan Negara 2012?

NO!

NO!

NO!

don't guess anymore!

its me!

Yes, Malaysia is not a motor sports nation, and not a sports nation either, because no support. Awards, recognition and support is given to people who clearly don't deserve it.

ZTH's open track day was fully sold out, it showed a lot of people actually have interest, but just don't have the means ($$$) to do so. And without affordable tracks like BTSC, slow slow wait lah you all, I going play Forza Motorsports. :wavey:

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Ixeo ... Wtf all that politics talk la. Please la. If I want to hear politics I go to the portals that cater for it. This country is very sick already la. So fixed up. Talk cars bring in politics. Sheesh ...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wtf what? The state of Motorsport in this nation is screwed because of the government what. Is it not true? Yeah you can pretend its not all you want but that is the truth. You not talking about cars you talking about motorsports in Malaysia so I respond la. Can't handle the truth then don't start the topic.

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Eh ... Dick ... Wtf need Rosmah's picture la? Learn to read my reply. You are here bashing the Government only. I could not care less for BN la but leave your politics out there. Want to say Ministry of Sport suck ... fine, want to say the Minister doing lousy job fine but what is your obsession with Rosmah's la? Your posting is about bashing ... That is what I am trying to get at.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Eh ... Dick ...
Thank you. I have a humongous one but that's not the point here.

Wtf need Rosmah's picture la?
Because she is tokoh industry SUKAN 2012 winner.

Learn to read my reply. You are here bashing the Government only.
Hardly, I did not bash the government. I stated the facts done by the government.
1. Danz suggested more tracks, but BN controlled Selangor DID sell BTSC land to developers and now there's houses there.
2. papagoines says now its rich man sport, true, a good looking chap with Mahathir family name is at the top reigns of SIC.
3. Certain Malaysian APRC champion did not receive any support even after former PM Badawi asked "If Karamjit is a Malaysian and has been producing results and bringing honour to the country, why has support not been accorded to him?" -- till today, government STILL never give him any support. He is racing with private funding in the last APRC season.

I could not care less for BN la but leave your politics out there. Want to say Ministry of Sport suck ... fine, want to say the Minister doing lousy job fine but what is your obsession with Rosmah's la? Your posting is about bashing ... That is what I am trying to get at.
Exactly my point. You and millions other don't care but then come and ask why motorsports is like that in Malaysia. Kinda stupid to ask that question donchatink

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Ixeo ... This is getting no where. Anyways, read my posting. Its about lousy turnout. Not about the state of our motor sports development. Whatever la ... Best to go watch more races ya? Lamborghinis?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I attended Motor GP once at Sepang at Hill slope venue. Yes, first thing is expensive ticket so buy cheap ticket. Then you get to see the racers going by every 2 minutes or so. Don't know who is leading, cannot see other places, but if watch on TV can see all the happening corners, repeats, comments etc. etc., so now see on TV only.....ha! ha!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Now while playing it safe isn’t always the most sexciting option, sometimes taking the secure route is the logical choice as secure and safe is most likely the dependable selection as well. And you can’t go wrong with dependable, especially in regards to picking a car based on your monthly pay...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience