Know your rights on the road when held up by the police

Putra668

Oct 5, 2004
after i watched this clip wht i can say is :stupid:
whts wrong if an police officer asking where u from n where u heading??
mayb its bcoz they are finding some suspect frm certain area and ur description mayb same to the suspect description like mayb the colour of ur car are the same.. asking where u going its bcoz mayb the next destination got some accident happen and wan to warn u not going there??

the civilian hv rights.. of coz..
im sure the qustion asked by the officer must hv some reason n i don see y we shouldnt cooperate just by answering q.. if u really dint commit any crime..

i can see some biased aspects in this clip..

the viewer in this clip must owes remember the try compare our country to others like usa for example.. human rights ... everyone is talking human rights.. even heavy criminals oso talking human rights.. thats y the crime rate r so high in usa.. i read an article few years back abt new york mention something like rape cases happen every 30 minutes.. a murder case happen in every 1 hour n so on.. see wht happen when criminals are more thn everything cz of too much "human right" or "ur rights" ?

im not saying in malaysia the polis are not treating the civilian wit human rights.. just what we can see the police still can control the country.. and there is some of them is rotten n making the overall image being tarnished.. but still i can see many nice n good police officers in the field.. not only in the police force.. even like doctors, teachers, customs, imigrations or even priest or imams or monks.. the are some bad one who do crimes like rape,sodomy ect.. are all of them are bad?? :thefinger:

be fair laa.. im very sure if u never done anything wrong or crime.. no one can really tahan u in custody or like what happen in the clip.. right or not? for an example my house being break in.. lexus being drive away.. but the police managed to recover back the the lexus n the jewelry.. are those bad police? but of coz the r bad police out there.. :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I agree that not all police are bad and corrupted. It changes my impression
on our police force last Saturday at 3.30am.

I went for snooker at PJ area and started driving home with a friend
beside me. So, we came to a red light. Well, it was adi so late and no
cars at that time. So, we decided to beat the red light la...

Then once I turned out, I saw a police car coming out from petrol station.
Staring at me adi and siren light on adi but didn't switch on the siren. So,
slowly pass him by and hoping he did not know I beat the red light.

Too bad, he came behind me with siren light on and keep flashing me...
So, I pulled over the the left side of the road la. I know this time shit adi,
dunno how much I have to 'belanja' him adi...

Driver came down...walk to my car.

Police: Selamat Pagi Encik...
Me: Selamat Pagi..Yes encik?
Police: Boleh tunjuk IC dan License?
(passed it to him)

Police: Erm, sorry encik license encik sudah expired ini.
Me: Oh..sorry ada satu lagi copy...
(Passed it to him again)

Police: Encik pergi mana pada waktu ini?
Me: Oh...pergi main snooker tadi
Police: kat mana snooker?
Me: dekat saja kat belakang sana (pointing at the direction)
Police: Tinggal kat mana encik?
Me: Kepong
Police: Oh...sebelah u member u la?
Me: Er...ya..kawan saya.
Police: Encik boleh tengok IC u? (asking my friend)
Police: Hari memang sudah lewat, tapi mesti juga ikut peraturan.
Encik tahu apa kesalahan kan?
Me: Er...ya tau...
Police: So, saya bagi encik saman ya? Sebab langgar lampu merah memang
kesalahan yang besar. Encik tau mana bayar kan?
Me: Mana-mana balai pun boleh kan?
Police: Mana-mana pun boleh. Saman encik RM300 ya
Me: Wah...begitu mahal ka? Boleh discount ar encik?
Police: :smile: Kesalahan langgar lampu merah memang serious dan memang
RM300 tak boleh discount.
Me: Oh...
Police: So, sekarang saya buka satu saman untuk encik ya?
Me: Okay..

Police walk back to his car writing something on his car bonnet...can see him from
my side mirror...

Few mins later...

Police: Encik, kali ini saya boleh excuse kan sikit dan anggap ini
sebagai amaran/warning kepada encik. Sebab saya pun mood baik hari
ini saya takkan saman encik.

RM300 pun bukannya amount yang sikit kan...?

Me:Yala, memang mahal.

Police: Tapi kalau lain kali saya nampak encik langgar lampu merah
lagi kat sana, saya akan bagi saman ya..

I got a shock for a second...

Me: Oh...k k encik..thank you ya...dan Sorry Encik..
Police: okay.

Me and my friend got a shock...I thought i sure have to pay RM300 adi or
at least some kopi money will ask from me...

I was like shit la...shouldn't have shoot the red light as all the while i
usually never shoot any red light LOL!

From that day onwards, I find that not all police are bad. There are still
good and straight police out there...the police is quite a nice guy
and very good manners. Talk nicely to u.

:top: :adore: respect..

Last edited:

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
don't pay any duit kopi laaaa...do something wrong and get caught...pay the summon laa...have guts to do it must have guts to accept any outcome...paying duit kopi is as bad as the one receiving it.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, i adi ready to pay for summon..even though im poor lol

trueno

1,500 RPM
Nov 30, 2003
Skudai,JB
Visit site
nice and funny video to let us know what is our right when facing traffic police..but most of the traffic police i met ask for duit kopi one...sometimes i really "tulan" (hokkien) and traffic keep ask for duit kopi (threatening like "i wan bukan saman edi ah","RM300 adik for saman",etc), i direct tell him saman saman loh since i am wrong...say no to rasuah traffic..:cool:

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
haha not bad the video...the video showing the REAL rights for citizens but the REALITY is not that REAL like in the video...

before this im thinking the police is like this like that bla bla bla...but nowadays i almost know the way of work & life of them...cannot escape also from negative & positive thing (+ -)...other place & organisation in Malaysia no matter private / govern sector is all the same...good / bad the organisation is because of HUMAN...we cant just simply judge the organisation...

butttttttt the power & authorities is 100% in their hands...understand what i mean right?...here my simple advice for you all when dealing with police OFFICIALLY:

-NO point to showing off with them even you are right or even you are SOMEBODY's son/daughter...
-just talk nicely with them even especially if you do anything wrong...
-dont be sarcastic / rude with them...
-and the important thing is "berani kerana benar"...

i say that because i got a lot of fren "titled" as policeman...i almost every day with them in all kind of activities even sleep...so i knew well people like them...balai also like my house already...sometime "lepak" there doing whatever like i one of them...

!!!!!!!!!REMEMBER the mean of "power 100% in their hand"...try to understand this deep meaning for our good and also them...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Policemen always ask me where I come from, where I am going. Can I keep quiet?
When you roll down your car window, that first few seconds of interaction between you and the police officer will pretty much decide what happens next. They have to rely on instinct so they look out for nervousness, unsure or not ready answers, etc.

If you get stopped in a car, logical question to ask would be where you going and where did you just come from. Any innocent person wouldn't hesitate or act suspiciously by showing nervousness, etc. By refusing to answer, you're giving the cops reason to be suspicious of what is it you're up to so their duty would be to find out what that is. Of course this means car search, body search etc.

I find that switching on your interior lights as you approach a roadblock and wind down your windows, give salam if you're Muslim to a Muslim officer or whatever greeting is suitable makes a huge difference. You're no longer deemed a threat, move onto next car.

On a separate, more general note regarding PDRM.

It's a job, with all jobs there are good apples and bad apples. McD also got bad service, Dominos also got pizza arriving late, doctors have patients die on them when it could be avoided, etc. I reckon the PDRM is doing a job none of us are willing to do yet all of them have to live with this negative perception hanging over them.

Plus, consider the people we deal with in our everyday lives. Are they all criminals? If you had to deal with the scum of society day in day out, after sometime you develop a certain attitude (meaning why bother complaining if policeman happens to be rude? when clients rude we never film and post on YouTube also?) and how you view people generally. We're lucky to deal with mostly civilised, professional people in nice working environments etc for what I'm guessing should be better pay and workplace benefits. Until we walk a day in their shoes just ignore whatever attitude or rudeness you may encounter. Least they're serving the country and many do die in the line of duty.

sgwangacc

Known Member
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.sgwangacc.com.my
Thanks for your sharing.. It really helps a lot! :biggrin:

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
I am no English language expert and i can see that most people on this forum probably doesn't care a whole lot about proper grammar and s*** like that.

However, the words " held up" and "police" in this context is way wrong. It sounds like you are being robbed by the police because that is what "held up" usually mean. Yes, it can also mean "slowed down" or something like that.

It would have been better to use "stopped". Not trying to split hairs or suggest that we should use the "Queen's English:rolleyes: or anything but that heading is really awful.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I am no English language expert and i can see that most people on this forum probably doesn't care a whole lot about proper grammar and s*** like that.

However, the words " held up" and "police" in this context is way wrong. It sounds like you are being robbed by the police because that is what "held up" usually mean. Yes, it can also mean "slowed down" or something like that.

It would have been better to use "stopped". Not trying to split hairs or suggest that we should use the "Queen's English:rolleyes: or anything but that heading is really awful.
I couldn't agree with you more. You'd be at best, delayed by them having to carry out their duties after which you are free to continue with whatever it was you had planned. Provided you had not guilty of anything of course. In which case, you could end up being detained at His Majesty's pleasure.

Perhaps the issue here is that people feel that police roadblocks cause traffic to be held-up causing appointments to be missed, etc but such is the price one must occasionally pay to live in a civilized society with no anarchy in the streets or bombs going off all over the place.

:beer:

emmbe_crew

Apr 8, 2009
after this we know about our rights,do policemen know about our right after this ?..(unless they hve seen this clip lah)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi anyone know to prepare the snow foam at home. feeling like trying it myself at home. anyone know the method? :lol: :D :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience