I Need A High Flow Fuel Pump!!!

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Anyone got any information on which high flow fuel pumps fit our cars? I heard the Walbro would, as would the one off a Mazda Turbo, or a Volvo Turbo (S40 or S80, I forget).

Basically, what I need is a turbo fuel pump that fits into the stock location in the fuel tank. Any ideas? For that matter, any jalan to get a used or chop-shop one? Ong?

I've been playing with the fuel pressure in my car, and I found something interesting. Not too sure yet, but I think we run a stock fuel pressure that is higher than usual.

I tuned my AFR (Adjustable Fuel Regulator) to the standard setting of most Japanese vehicles, which is around 2.5 - 2.7 bars (about 43 - 45 psi)...and lost all power. Car was rough and felt like it was basically being starved of fuel. In most cars, when you pulled the vacuum hose from the fuel regulator, the pressure would jump about 10 psi. This was not the case with the Cefiro. It jumped a mere 2 psi implying that our fuel system is designed to run on a constant fuel pressure instead of rising as the car went faster.

Not a big thing and I still have to think about how this affects the engine as a whole. But, there seems to be a lot of little things that is different in our engines. No wonder mechanics get confused.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
probably i can help u with the mazda turbo's fuel pump..any idea which model?

but if u r keen on the volvo...try asking joey @ dream.tent

btw, so if we tuned down the level and use high flow fuel pump...what would be the effect? better FC or power?

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
ongteckweng said:
probably i can help u with the mazda turbo's fuel pump..any idea which model?

but if u r keen on the volvo...try asking joey @ dream.tent

btw, so if we tuned down the level and use high flow fuel pump...what would be the effect? better FC or power?
No idea! Lee's looking into it. I'll have to do some research. But I think that it's the 1.8T or something.

Also, fuel systems don't work that way. Having a high flow fuel pump basically ensures that you never run lean on fuel. In my experience, you actually get better FC and power with the AFR pressure turned higher a little due to better atomization of the fuel as it exits your injectors.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
defcon1 said:
No idea! Lee's looking into it. I'll have to do some research. But I think that it's the 1.8T or something.

Also, fuel systems don't work that way. Having a high flow fuel pump basically ensures that you never run lean on fuel. In my experience, you actually get better FC and power with the AFR pressure turned higher a little due to better atomization of the fuel as it exits your injectors.
ic...im using 3.0 fuel pump for my 2.5 system...will gettin a AFR will help me in terms of FC??

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
ongteckweng said:
ic...im using 3.0 fuel pump for my 2.5 system...will gettin a AFR will help me in terms of FC??
It may. It will certainly give you a bit more engine response. Usually, coupled with a SAFC, you get pretty good results in FC and power.

MafiaRide

Jun 26, 2006
What defcon said is true. In my previous perdana, I installed a walbro 280lph fuel pump with FPR and AFC. I got about 12hp on wheel.

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Joey ol' buddy, ol' friend.... :smile:

I need a Volvo S80 turbo fuel pump...a used one...any jalan???... :smile:

I'll buy you T/T for a week... :smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello friends! :wavey:

Kavin, my buddy, wanted to have a glimpse of a show-car finish on his modified Toyota EE100. He’s addicted to cars, road trips and started to like detailing too. He wanted to experience the joy of a DIY paint correction. He called me and we planned to do it during the school holidays as I would be free but every time the same got postponed. We finally tackled the bonnet on his very nice ride before school resumption. It was invaded by orange peel and common defects...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience