1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

how to improve the performance of 4G13 stock engine

Discussion in 'Car Talk' started by azharzawawi, Jan 16, 2012.

1. LimauKanker

LimauKanker Active Member

wow bro, what are you driving that is 300hp?

2. y2188

y2188 Active Member

Your car runs on "pilot jet" normally, the secondary needle u talked about its called "main jet". Nice display picture by the way, can intro?

3. y2188

y2188 Active Member

You should've gone for 2" piping

sanekit and LittleWhiteWagon like this.
  4. LittleWhiteWagon

LittleWhiteWagon Senior Member

Regarding the engine question, yes the 4G15 block should bolt on to the 4G13 head just fine. If you can get a block where the head studs are Allen Key type it’s also a bit better, studs are slightly larger so you have a bit more clamping force.

If you want just a bit more pep for the car you can just do the combo of what the guys said: Waja crank, 76mm FLX/BLM pistons, and a 1mm head gasket. The compression ratio you’ll get will be somewhere within the high 9’s or low 10’s depending on your head whether it’s been skimmed and modified in the valve area. Good thing about this is you can run ron95 with no issues... I would suggest just slightly porting the head more to the exhaust side & lightening the flywheel to have a bit of fun. Once your ignition timing & fueling is settled the car will be pretty fun to drive. I would suggest an adjustable cam gear also to adjust your powerband where you’d like it to be.

If you’re itchy for a bit more power a mild cam is pretty fun also but slight cost of FC and bottom end power.

For exhaust just go for a full 2” from extractor till the rear. If you want even more power you can get a thinner HG and more aggressive cams and pistons & a 2.5” exhaust, bit you’ll definitely run into fueling and timing issues at this level... efi would be a lot more ideal but that’s $$$$. Don’t bother listening to Renesis’s theory about 4-2-1’s being for ‘pickup’ and 4-1’s for ‘top end’, it’s not so general. Generally the typical off the shelf 4-2-1’s work fine, just match the diameter from front to back and you’ll be fine... and stay away from S-flow mufflers.

For brakes just change your front calipers to perdana calipers and discs, leave the booster and cylinder alone. It feels very very nice, stops hard too.

sanekit and LimauKanker like this.
  5. RENESIS VIII

RENESIS VIII Senior Member

The mods I am doing are just minor mods which improves the original characteristics of the car. I would say even FC improved a bit from the exhaust mod. So, there isn't any downside to those kind of mod. If I want to go for serious high performance mod, I will pick another car, not this one.

How to intro,not somebody that I know, lol.

Too big for my stock engine. Might loose pressure if I go 2".

6. LimauKanker

idk man, you're the mod car sifu. why 2" loose pressure tho?

7. RENESIS VIII

To, Firezy, in case someone earlier misquoted me for something that I did not write or say in this thread, do ignore that statement as I did not write anything stating about 4-2-1 for pickup and 4-1 for top end over here.
    "Don’t bother listening to Renesis’s theory about 4-2-1’s being for ‘pickup’ and 4-1’s for ‘top end’"

The piping diameter is too large where exhaust gas might cool down faster where it might affect the gas flow speed to exit the piping.

zane_al likes this.
  8. LittleWhiteWagon

Want me to screenshot when you’ve said it? You already said it in the vios thread earlier this month... you didnt say it over here but you’ve said it before in other threads. It’s getting kind of old la.

Btw pls go out and get some experience IRL. It’s 2018, 2” isn’t too big.

I dare you to run 2” and grab your exhaust tips after driving and say the gas flow cools down ahaha.

Next you’ll probably give a chart of what piping size to HP to follow... but since you can feel a lot of stuff, how do you determine exhaust sizing for cars?

#128 LittleWhiteWagon, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  9. RENESIS VIII

In case you missed the fine print, I did mention that this is not something that I write or say in this thread. Feel free to screenshot what I said it in other thread if you want.

Go out and get some experience IRL? Now that is quite an assumption that you are making there but it is up to you on what you want to think about me.

alcyon likes this.
  10. LittleWhiteWagon

Well I’m glad you can point that out. I’m also giving people a heads up to take your advice with a general pinch of salt cause you just glazed over the rest of what I asked. You use butt feel and theories which are amusing.

Oh don’t worry, it’s not an assumption. You’re pretty vocal enough to show people how little you’ve experienced... but it’s quite fun la reading about you getting your first extractor. Don’t spray paint it ya haha.

RENESIS VIII likes this.
  11. turnturtle

turnturtle New Member

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. It's 2018 and people are still doing the whole "4-2-1 for mid range and 4-1 for top end"? Properly designed 4-2-1s that can fit within space constraints are always better, and tuned for the right operating rpm range they make more torque and more power. Picking badly designed 4-2-1s to go against relatively generic but higher flowing (by accident) 4-1s is cherry picking data.

Oh lord, here we go again with backpressure. Welcome back to the 1990s, when internet was dial-up and information was misinformation.

LittleWhiteWagon and sanekit like this.
  12. RENESIS VIII

From your detailed description in your posts, indeed you are the one with more experience in 4G15 modding. You are right, about me using butt feel and theories which are just solely my own baseless assumption. As a person without any true hands on experience at all, I advice every one here to take what I said with a pinch of salt. I guess a keyboard warrior like me who only types and writes but without any real knowledge about cars should just be more quiet when seniors are giving out helpful advice.

A very well write up there earlier. It finally cleared some of my clouded thoughts and misconceptions about modding a 4G15. Thank you very much for your detailed explanation earlier as it enlightens with more knowledge about engine modding. I admit that all that I have said earlier are just misguided wrong information which was all made up by myself.

13. y2188

y2188 Active Member

what happen to your logo?

is 2.5" too big for 1.6? In what scenario pressure can help make power?

sanekit likes this.
  14. LimauKanker

i guess Tracy Chu is more beautiful than his logo

15. sanekit

sanekit Well-Known Member

i also want to know if bigger diameter piping will help my 4spd auto wira make power.

16. RENESIS VIII

Lost the logo when forum got revamped

I don't know about 1.6. Don't even know what pressure does and how they even make power. :dontknow:

17. LimauKanker

walao eh.. i heard from people that i can find the one true master RENESIS here. i purposely risk my life, climb mountain, swim river, login zth from office pc just to learn from RENESIS sifu.. now he say he duno anything out of no where. :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

18. y2188

y2188 Active Member

waaa u even know her name, know how to play.

Pressure is a form of restriction, do u really make or lose power

RENESIS VIII and sanekit like this.
  19. parakey

parakey Senior Member

Perhaps tone it down. Dah cukup already

alcyon likes this.
  20. LittleWhiteWagon

I wouldn’t say everything you post is 100% wrong, but it’s very generalized. I would suggest trying out more stuff on your own car so you can use more updated info for your posts in the future.

The reason why I left that line there is so that if people do come across this and want to copy the setup there’s room for them to think as well instead of just applying outdated theories for headers. There’s still room to improve and update your theories.

But regarding the write up, you’re welcome. I hope the info was useful to whoever comes across it. I also have this stubbornness to stick to the 4G15 so I’m willing to share a very very vague guideline of what works. There’s still a lot of specifics I didn’t mention because I myself have no experience with it.

And just remember la, you’re a very vocal person. It’s hard to hide when you’re prominent... it’ll be nice if you keep the forums alive with accurate information.