how to improve the performance of 4G13 stock engine

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
No need twin leh, a single down draft is enough, can just adapt to existing manifold using adapter. I did to my Accord before, when OEM carb started to leak
The question is, such adapter and carb can still be found or not. Did the performance of your Accord improved by a lot?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The question is, such adapter and carb can still be found or not. Did the performance of your Accord improved by a lot?
There is one guy on FB only deals Webber. I found by accident when considering the carb for the Pajero. Adapter shouldnt be an issue, any workshop whom deals with old car know where to go.

Improvement, oh yes. Take my humble ex5, last time i swap to Kriss 110carb for a brief time and it was like engaging vtec all the time. Mind u, i was still on stock engine and intake plenum.

The Pajero with 4g54 engine if swapped to Webber DGAV 32/36 (if mistaken) will result in better power and above all much2 better fc. If webber is expensive it can runs on wira 1.5 carb and still returns better fc but lesser power.

The beauty of carb is the internal can be changed to fine tune if you are very picky.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Some carb when step pass half way is like opening second throttle for more fuel....
For kapchai, u can use the carb drain pipe as a power jet. Pull a clear hose from the carb drain into the air intake hose.loosen the carb screw just enough till the fuel starts to flow (u need clear hose to see the flow)into the intake at your desired rpm. There u have it...cheap diy power jet.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
There is one guy on FB only deals Webber. I found by accident when considering the carb for the Pajero. Adapter shouldnt be an issue, any workshop whom deals with old car know where to go.

Improvement, oh yes. Take my humble ex5, last time i swap to Kriss 110carb for a brief time and it was like engaging vtec all the time. Mind u, i was still on stock engine and intake plenum.

The Pajero with 4g54 engine if swapped to Webber DGAV 32/36 (if mistaken) will result in better power and above all much2 better fc. If webber is expensive it can runs on wira 1.5 carb and still returns better fc but lesser power.

The beauty of carb is the internal can be changed to fine tune if you are very picky.
Thanks a lot for all these details about carb. I definitely learned more about carb today. Actually, I din't even know about FC improving after changing into a more powerful carb as I thought a more powerful carb will draw in more fuel for more power.

I actually thought Wira carb and Saga/Iswara carb are the same.

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
there is a guy selling weber in jb... he told me that, nearest weber tuner is in N9.

wrongly tune, high fc, lose power.

correct tune, better fc, power increase.

powderful tune, high fc, high power (don't expect like a rocket)

and for 4g13/15 I think only 2-3 models can fit. if not mistaken have to find the custom platform too.

just upgraded my 4g13p exhaust... for a 22 years using the oem, and rear box changed once. now with stainless steel 4-2-1, 2 inch, 1.7 inch to center bullet, 1.6 inch oem potong saga after center bullet to rimus muffler... pick up, slight improvement but wont notice. mid range rpm, breathe way better than before, no more semput2. now top can reach 160kmh, I only tried it for a while to see what's the improvement on it.

driving 110-120kmh is breeze... for the price, I wont say is great upgrade... kekekeke...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Carb still around, and as bro gunnerzz mentioned adapter can be made, just like wheel PCD adapter.....lol
The improvement was more to low end as the Accord was heavy. We did to the 3rd Gen Civic and the power was much more felt....

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
Thanks a lot for all these details about carb. I definitely learned more about carb today. Actually, I din't even know about FC improving after changing into a more powerful carb as I thought a more powerful carb will draw in more fuel for more power.

saw a 10 years old carb in good condition selling for rm250. very tempted... recon carb these days also about the pricing. my current carb after servicing still a bit choke choke, not sure what's the issue.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
there is a guy selling weber in jb... he told me that, nearest weber tuner is in N9.

wrongly tune, high fc, lose power.

correct tune, better fc, power increase.

powderful tune, high fc, high power (don't expect like a rocket)

and for 4g13/15 I think only 2-3 models can fit. if not mistaken have to find the custom platform too.

just upgraded my 4g13p exhaust... for a 22 years using the oem, and rear box changed once. now with stainless steel 4-2-1, 2 inch, 1.7 inch to center bullet, 1.6 inch oem potong saga after center bullet to rimus muffler... pick up, slight improvement but wont notice. mid range rpm, breathe way better than before, no more semput2. now top can reach 160kmh, I only tried it for a while to see what's the improvement on it.

driving 110-120kmh is breeze... for the price, I wont say is great upgrade... kekekeke...
Fast flow filters and exhaust just loosen up the power, but won't make more power. Power is displacement, whether normal or forced. Weber is extra fuel feed,so power can increase....

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
for the pricing... not a great upgrade, but accelerator lighter for sure... engine breathe better. for those just 80-100kmh, wont even notice any diff.

if in jb I can find weber tuner, I don't mind to try on weber carb. heard so much about it... yet I cant find the right guy for it for tech/service support.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

On the Pajero, the ori Mikuni is flawed in design. Not much info abt it but long time ago i read abt it being flawed in a way it wont effect operation but will always result in high fc.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Carb still around, and as bro gunnerzz mentioned adapter can be made, just like wheel PCD adapter.....lol
The improvement was more to low end as the Accord was heavy. We did to the 3rd Gen Civic and the power was much more felt....
Since Saga is a light car, if such kind of carb mod is done to it, the power can be felt like the Civic you mentioned.

for the pricing... not a great upgrade, but accelerator lighter for sure... engine breathe better. for those just 80-100kmh, wont even notice any diff.

if in jb I can find weber tuner, I don't mind to try on weber carb. heard so much about it... yet I cant find the right guy for it for tech/service support.

What is the price you paid for the whole exhaust system?

My Wira has changed to 4-2-1 extractor for RM265 and that one is worth my money I would say. The improvement in torque is very much noticeable and that is good enough for me. As for the midbox + 1.7 inch piping mod for RM220, that I can't feel much improvements other than perhaps slightly smoother RPM on higher revs. But for that one, the pipe mod was not a totally useless mod because my original piping is already heavily rusted with holes here and there. A lot of weld patching was done to it before this and by the looks of it, the original piping can't last much longer until another crack or hole appears. So, instead of going for stock piping, I just go for that 1.7 inch piping + midbox. As for rear muffler, I am using stock Wira 1.8 twin tip muffler. I don't bother about changing to aftermarket muffler because of the noise they make and from what I think, if the twin tip muffler was already designed to allow the higher volume of exhaust gas flow for the larger 4G93 engine, it is good enough for my stock 4G15 engine exhaust gas flow. Exhaust sound was almost same as stock exhaust during idling, just when I rev it, the sound is a bit sportier.

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
lol i wouldn't even bother with carb on 4G15, get the MMC 4G15, slap on an emanage, tune and call it a day. 90+hp 12kg/m easily

actually if it is a wira, i wouldnt even bother with 4G15 at all, there are abundant of 4G92/93 on the market. just drop one in and all the problems in the world are solved.

on a side note, weber tuner semakin hari semakin kurang, and tuning it is really an art, it is not like you can go to some shit automotive toc or despark and come out know how to tune it, heck some of the graduate there cant even explain half the shit of a car.

besides that, weber construction is really complex to diy if you don't even know how a normal carburetor function how to maintain it?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
lol i wouldn't even bother with carb on 4G15, get the MMC 4G15, slap on an emanage, tune and call it a day. 90+hp 12kg/m easily

actually if it is a wira, i wouldnt even bother with 4G15 at all, there are abundant of 4G92/93 on the market. just drop one in and all the problems in the world are solved.

on a side note, weber tuner semakin hari semakin kurang, and tuning it is really an art, it is not like you can go to some shit automotive toc or despark and come out know how to tune it, heck some of the graduate there cant even explain half the shit of a car.

besides that, weber construction is really complex to diy if you don't even know how a normal carburetor function how to maintain it?
If I wanted to go for 4G92 or 4G93, I would be better off buying another car with those engines transplanted than doing so to my own Wira. My Wira has been with me since the day it left showroom 19 years ago. A lot of sentimental value and I din't really want to change the car's original identity with an engine swap. I'll continue on with the 4G15.

Reactions: LittleWhiteWagon

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
If I wanted to go for 4G92 or 4G93, I would be better off buying another car with those engines transplanted than doing so to my own Wira. My Wira has been with me since the day it left showroom 19 years ago. A lot of sentimental value and I din't really want to change the car's original identity with an engine swap. I'll continue on with the 4G15.
lol then whatever floats your boat man. if the car meant so much for you, then just dont bother modding it is the best choice, then again, you're also not learning anything if you never go thru all this stuff.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A total of 12,680 cars and bikes were sold via BMW Group Malaysia last year, setting a record breaking achievement growth of 16%, compared to its sales figure of 10,906 units in 2016. It is the premium automaker's seventh consecutive all-time high performance and had strongly reinforced its position as the most successful premium hybrid vehicle brand in Malaysia. This is based on the units delivered in 2017, consisting of BMW cars, BMW Motorrad bikes as well as MINI in total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience