HKS Torque Split Controller-r32&33

ngiing

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Hai,for all member here,wana ask something abt HKS Torque Split Controller,wana ask why some HKS Torque Split Controller got come sort of an ecu harness s but some dont have..if don have ,item still can install?but i don have any menu or direction??any idea for installation?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

need u guys inform asap..tq.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Not too sure on the HKS unit bro but I do have a Grid TS Dancer complete with manuals. :biggrin:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
As far as I know, these torque controller thingy is to manually distribute torque to the front according to the user instead of the automation of the ATTESA-ETS. Been looking at several options including the one V-Spec has in stock.

My question is, why would a GT-R owner want to shift torque manually? Would it to make it full-time RWD for drifting or any other reasons?

V-Spec, please pm/sms me the price of the Grid TS Dancer. Thanks :biggrin:

ngiing

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Bro Temu,any idea why r32 when i boost rpm till 5k..behind spin and run..really can't play jump car like evo..any idea to make the car to full time 4wd..even 1st gear pick up the tyre keep spin n the car run left n right ...:bawling:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Bro Temu,any idea why r32 when i boost rpm till 5k..behind spin and run..really can't play jump car like evo..any idea to make the car to full time 4wd..even 1st gear pick up the tyre keep spin n the car run left n right ...:bawling:

Hey bro..

AFAIK, the AWD ATTESA on the GT-R is a rear-biased system hence torque only goes to the front wheels when it recognizes the need for extra traction. Hence during sudden or very fast boosting, u could be having wheelspin.. Especially in the lower gears.

I heard that hard launches in 1st and some say even 2nd gears puts big stresses on the gearbox and driveshaft to the front wheels, some encountering catastrophic results. This though, depends on how much power and torque the engine puts out.

On making it all-time AWD in a car meant to be rear-biased would perhaps be asking too much of the system if done continuously. U could make it 50%-50% front and rear using these torque controller thingies but at ur own risk.

The idea of using the torque controller for AWD has never crossed my mind, only to make it all-time RWD on occasions instead (drifting anyone?)..

IMHO if u want an all-time AWD which offers absolute clinical cornering, then perhaps the Evo and STi would be right up ur alley. The GT-R can be awesome in these aspects but may need more finesse from the driver.

Rear-biased torque is more fun anyways.. :biggrin:

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
how much hp are u running? if below 500whp it should be fine and wouldn't too tail happy when hard launch (personal experience on gtr32).. please check your attesa system bro.. do your 4wd or abs light on the meter cluster turn on? if not please check if the bulb is not blown.. this is my personal experience when i got my gtr32 for the 1st time back in 2003.. same problem as u.. no warning light turn on as the bulb is blown.. so 1st thing u have to do is to confirm that is no error on your attessa system.. if your attessa is ok then u need to have a look at your rear sub frame mount, your rear arm & link bushes and your rear diff mount

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

As far as I know, these torque controller thingy is to manually distribute torque to the front according to the user instead of the automation of the ATTESA-ETS. Been looking at several options including the one V-Spec has in stock.

My question is, why would a GT-R owner want to shift torque manually? Would it to make it full-time RWD for drifting or any other reasons?

V-Spec, please pm/sms me the price of the Grid TS Dancer. Thanks :biggrin:
Not all gtr owner want to do that.. those who own gtr32 does because the attessa system is lembab detecting traction lost and culculating how much torque need to be shift to front.. tech 80-an tuuu hehe.. those are track oriented will much benefit of this so called torque controller.. not sure bout nismo gtr32 tho.. but in gtr33 its much better and in gtr34 its the best attessa-ets system on a gtr with rb26 based engine

Last edited:

ngiing

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
seen like Torque Split Controller only can resolved the problem ..cost r32 is 1st version..i hear r33 and R34 ATTESA-ETS better...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there any chances vtec eng. go into saga. i heard vtec eng. can fit in ... is it true ..? :rolleyes:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience