GT Radial Champiro HPY

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
10 if I am not mistaken. They included intercoolers in the count too...

Normally for turbo engines, which upgrade is more important for overall engine temperature. Radiator or intercooler?
Intercooler just to cool air for combustion only.......lol:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To cool the compressed air from compressor. But if intercooler is inefficient, won't it increase engine temperature as well as reducing engine power output?
Hotter air will decrease engine power output but to cool the engine is very very minimal as it cools the combustion chamber only when air fuel goes in but does not cool the engine as a whole unlike radiator water where it runs inside the block taking away the heat....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hotter air will decrease engine power output but to cool the engine is very very minimal as it cools the combustion chamber only when air fuel goes in but does not cool the engine as a whole unlike radiator water where it runs inside the block taking away the heat....
So, to control cooling in turbo engines, radiator upgrade is more important than intercooler.... But too bad in most cases, what I see is the intercooler is placed in front of the radiator, blocking most of it from receiving direct fresh air... Some even upgrade to very large intercooler, but radiator still remains small.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So, to control cooling in turbo engines, radiator upgrade is more important than intercooler.... But too bad in most cases, what I see is the intercooler is placed in front of the radiator, blocking most of it from receiving direct fresh air... Some even upgrade to very large intercooler, but radiator still remains small.
That is why some are just doing it wrong. Bigger intercooler does not mean more power, need bigger turbine also.....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is why some are just doing it wrong. Bigger intercooler does not mean more power, need bigger turbine also.....lol
Depends I guess. If the cooling from earlier intercooler is insufficient, then upgrading to a larger one might be beneficial. But if cooling is already good enough, not much point to increase the size of intercooler... And you add in more weight to the front of the car.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Depends I guess. If the cooling from earlier intercooler is insufficient, then upgrading to a larger one might be beneficial. But if cooling is already good enough, not much point to increase the size of intercooler... And you add in more weight to the front of the car.
Yes exactly! Not so much about the weight but too big intercooler actually creates more turbo lag too! The reason why you often see people go to upgrade intercooler first is because that's the one they feel the improvement in power coz it makes the air intake cooler hence can make more power. On the other hand radiator sometimes is 2nd priority because they are to maintain reliability but not make extra power if the engine is still within normal temp.

Edit: btw tire tread becomes talking about cooling! Should talk in the other radiator tread huh? :biggrin:

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes exactly! Not so much about the weight but too big intercooler actually creates more turbo lag too! The reason why you often see people go to upgrade intercooler first is because that's the one they feel the improvement in power coz it makes the air intake cooler hence can make more power. On the other hand radiator sometimes is 2nd priority because they are to maintain reliability but not make extra power if the engine is still within normal temp.

Edit: btw tire tread becomes talking about cooling! Should talk in the other radiator tread huh? :biggrin:
Okay, maybe I start another thread. Intercooler and Radiator thread.

Sometimes, intercooler upgrade is good depending on what stock intercooler your car comes with. Like for example those tiny intercooler in 4G93T stock.. They look terrible, might as well use 4G63T intercooler... Or maybe those small top mount intercooler in RVR 4G63T...

Alignment lari again.........lol
GT Radial Champiro HPY not grippy enough to keep the thread alignment straight.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Hahaha....ya agree. VR recommend Tyre not grip enough.
Sometime oversteer / understeer.
Aligment still a big problem...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha....ya agree. VR recommend Tyre not grip enough.
Sometime oversteer / understeer.
Aligment still a big problem...
GT Radial Champiro HPY not grippy enough to keep the thread alignment straight.
Actually grip is good because I am using and my alignment no lari. You two alignment lari because not using GT Radial......hhahahhahahahaha:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. my 1.3 auto myvi 2005 in stock condition... everythings original..
mileage is 35k..
this thingis.. a full tank of ron95 RM60 shell can only go for 300 km the most.. normal driving..:banghead:
is this normal?:hmmmm:
or what can i do to improve it?:idea:
as i know 1.3 should go further..:driver:
any advise or share urs?:adore:
tq:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience