ENGINE TEMP VERY HIGH WHEN I FULL ACCELERATE

CD6

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
HI guys, please help me on this matter.. my engine temp always naik when im idling after full accelerate the pedal.. somemore it goes more than half.. check the fan already..good.. check water level.. its enough.. then what else i need to check?? anyone can help me please???

CD6

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
not over rev la bro.. im suspect something wrong with switch sensor la..

jingut_04

Known Member
May 5, 2004
thermostat check edi ka?...because ur water level is ok...if not,might be your head gasket burn ka?...

Bluesol

Dec 13, 2004
I kena the samething, when the car is moving, the temperature stays at normal but when there is a traffic jam, the temp goes up to almost 80%, then down to normal again and then up and down. What happen is some of the lubang in the radiator is block. Water can not flow nicely. Need to either flush yr radiator or to replace a new one.

Maybe you should check yr radiator and the water pump.

Good luck.

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
check ur water pump .. see anything wrong with it.. ;)

itrDC2

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
just to add regarding radiator water flow path...

Check thermo sensor area...
- esp obvious when you open the water breather/breeeder (not sure how to call this)
- tell your mech to take out the thermo sensor andtry to clear/clean that area.
- reason, all the orange coloured besi karat stuck there!!! water not flowing properly or not flowing at all!!! <_<

hope this helps.

CD6

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
thansk a lot bro.. itrDC2. thermo sensor the one nearly thermostat ka?? colour light gold??

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by Bluesol@Dec 13 2004, 11:50
I kena the samething, when the car is moving, the temperature stays at normal but when there is a traffic jam, the temp goes up to almost 80%, then down to normal again and then up and down. What happen is some of the lubang in the radiator is block. Water can not flow nicely. Need to either flush yr radiator or to replace a new one.

Maybe you should check yr radiator and the water pump.

Good luck.
Used to have the same problem. My mechanic sent my radiator to the machineshop and cleared the radiator hose hole. Now no problems...

itrDC2

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
Originally posted by CD6@Dec 13 2004, 16:45
thansk a lot bro.. itrDC2. thermo sensor the one nearly thermostat ka?? colour light gold??
err... not really sure what you asking ler... :huh:

anyways, this thermo sensor can take out and throw away also car can still use one..... engine heat thermostat is still there to tell you the engine heat level.

I throw away mine already just need to make sure the fan turns .... just start up car during the cold a bit longer to heat up ler... (dunno why :unsure: ) ... next, mugen thermo sensor loh... :P

Power OfDream

Known Member
Apr 2, 2004
Originally posted by CD6@Dec 13 2004, 10:13
HI guys, please help me on this matter.. my engine temp always naik when im idling after full accelerate the pedal.. somemore it goes more than half.. check the fan already..good.. check water level.. its enough.. then what else i need to check?? anyone can help me please???
check ur termostat dude...it happen to me b4 in my EK

Jasper

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
www.skype.com
1, check radiator and also reservior tank...
2,if possible put extra ground to your themostat area .. sometimes due to grounding also
3,do a preasure tester on your radiator and see ,flush your radiator and also engine becore doing this ..
4,head gasket KO liao

itrDC2

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
Originally posted by Jasper@Dec 14 2004, 00:04
1, check radiator and also reservior tank...
2,if possible put extra ground to your themostat area .. sometimes due to grounding also
3,do a preasure tester on your radiator and see ,flush your radiator and also engine becore doing this ..
4,head gasket KO liao
presure tester for radiator - read about this in traffic mag. very good details in this mag. but I was wondering if normally we service our radiator, it'll be delivered to some other shops to do the flush and cleaning of the radiator right? do they actually pressure test the radiator ar? :unsure: Thank you all sifus in advance :)