Engine Oil Change

solarismontkiara

Jul 8, 2008
wahhh good debate and neverending story also...so whats about oil brand from AMSOIL..did someone here use it before?...because from what i google here...AMSOIL is top 1..is it true?...need "otai oil:biggrin:" or someone here to share knowledge..tq

swift2510

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
Amsoil is sure an OTAI Oil. Pretty new to our market though it's got many loyal users in the States who'd vouch it's the best synthetic oil money can buy. As with any oil remember to check oil level occasionally and top up when necessary.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
what is suitable engine oil for turbo engine...ie..:driver:lancer evo 9?..mine is using lucas 20W50...fully syn....any recommendation here.and please state the reason..thank u....:biggrin:
street use or track use?

street use xW40 is good, track use Xw50 or xW60

my GTR using LUCAS 5w40 + Torco MPZ froction reducer...oil temp cruising 7x'C, full blast 90'c

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My b16a is facing white smoke at start up , just a puff of white smoke.

spark plug covered with engine oil

right now using mineral oil 20w50 bardahl.. any suggestions on something similar to use ?

maybe 15w40 ? worried i burn oil as of now i use the bardahl no problems.. but people say B16 shouldnt use mineral true or false?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My b16a is facing white smoke at start up , just a puff of white smoke.

spark plug covered with engine oil

right now using mineral oil 20w50 bardahl.. any suggestions on something similar to use ?

maybe 15w40 ? worried i burn oil as of now i use the bardahl no problems.. but people say B16 shouldnt use mineral true or false?
White smoke at start up, could be due to valve seal leaking. If white smoke when driving then piston or rings gone.....
Most 15w-40 are still mineral. Semi usually from 10w-40, you can try and if consume more oil can always change back on next change

Oct 8, 2012
USA, Chicago il
Hi all,

I always travel on the highway a lot (it's possible for me to touch 3,000-4,000km in a month) plus I usually rev quite hard when overtaking at about 5.5k RPM so my question is, would using full synthetic and change oil every 10,000km or use semi synthetic and change every 5,000km be better?

I know that a high quality semi synthetic oil could also last up to 10,000km but the oil filter must be good as well. However because of my driving style, I'm thinking that using semi synthetic and changing every 5,000km might be the better option. At least the engine gets fresh oil more frequently.

Any opinions?
i usually change my cars ride after 10 to 11k and i m using syenthic .............. well i think for some time that changing the oil before the prescribed time or the recommended time would definitely increase the engines life and you might not feel any need to be overhauling.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 14, 2012
new york, NY
I always look after my car and I consider engine as the most important part and body of the car. so I change engine oil at every 10,000 km. I think synthetic oil is the best to use to get better care and mileage.

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
same here la bro...that's why i check it always...dont want to risk engine oil dry out...for me i'm only using semi syn...my service intervals varies...our friend the thread poster is lucky...always on the highway...me everyday stuck in traffic...so in a sense "enjin hidup odometer tak jalan"...thats why i prefer to look at the dip stick rather than depending solely on the odometer reading...
yess..that's right.....maybe the oil reduce when u high revving......so better check frequently.....:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,
Anyone knows where to buy check valve? also known as 1 way valve?? for air..
Also, where can i get copper piping?? around 10mm diameter
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience