can i own an evo if.......

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
I don't an Evo anymore.. I used to own Black TME before this.. 7474.. Had to let go because I am getting married. I love the evo but to maintain is quite expensive .. You don;t have to go far, just servicing your gearbox will give you headache. for those who use it as a daily driven car..

Clutch, brakes, tyres wear is quite fast.. Plus Evo fuel consumption is quite heavy too espevcially you got heavy right foot. Modding is another story ..If money is an issue stick to NA that is my advice. Not all of us are rich man's son or has big income..

just my 2 cents..

Am_r

Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if i would trash an evo...how the maintainance would be?...given everything engine related stock...only mod handling department...i know tires 18" is a bomb

i heard lot stories about turbo car....:bawling:...can i hold the rpm up high everytime?

am considering evo or subaru...since it got 4doors

or maybe stick with NA...haih only could go for dc5...fd2 still expensive

tq :adore:

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
if i would trash an evo...how the maintainance would be?...given everything engine related stock...only mod handling department...i know tires 18" is a bomb

i heard lot stories about turbo car....:bawling:...can i hold the rpm up high everytime?

am considering evo or subaru...since it got 4doors

or maybe stick with NA...haih only could go for dc5...fd2 still expensive

tq :adore:
Bro, I drive my Evo hard everyday. No issue bro. The engine is strong. totally agree with you on the car part.. That's why I got myself a DC5.. It may not be an Evo but ok lor.. Still got power..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
most importantly for owning an evo is to find a good mechanic......don listen to ppl's recommendations, observe and do some homework, read & do some research on the background of the workshop....then only proceed to buy Evo,

Evo is a great car, but being a performance car, you need to maintain and take care of it from time to time, if u have good mechanic, life will be easy but of coz u need to spend some money la but if you have some bullshits mechanic...life is like hell for you man....then forget about owning an evo....go buy proton saga or myvi that comes with 3 to 5 years warranty.

minititan

May 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if really life is that easy...
move to brunei is even better..cheap cars..cost of living is kind of low...
and yes..i dont think evo is in my list now...at least nowhere near 2015...
i think evo will remain as my dream at the moment...

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
I like this kid...just like me 15 years ago...just that my father refuse to pay my car installment...:bawling: hahahahahaha

Last edited:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
50K can get a 2nd hand civic i EG or EK if ur lucky. for a 1st car, try not to jump into the boosting world so fast.. alot more to learn about maintainence and what not.. get a myvi, can play with passo bodykits.. join passo club and gain experience.. hehehe just my 2 worthless cents :)

JERRY_VR4

1,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
50k probably enough for an converted evo if u're lucky ,
but definately not enough for some other expenses like daily petrol , mod , maintenance if u dont have the stable income now..
was spending more than 40k pass 2yrs on my converted evo , once u starting mod it , you won't & unable to stop actually..
fuel consume 1 full tank can last about 300-380km. averagely 1 week need at least 1-2 tank if u're daily use the car. Lets dont say mod , just calculate the brake pad , clutch pad , service & sometime the car cough/flu/fever , kurang kurang 1 mth might cost u RM800-1000.
my few cents ...

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
if total budget is rm50k, then will be very difficult unless u got high base salary (don't include commission).

if u got rm50k cash, then its easier. use rm35k to 40k for downpayment, keep 10k-15k cash for general repairs, maintenance and emergency. don't have zero balance in bank, very dangerous :)

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution...mmmm,

My personal opinion it is a good ride, maintainance is a scary part.
Everything expensive... have to "bijak" for finding 2nd hand parts.

GTS500

Known Member
Nov 18, 2008
Why jap cars when you can purchase a nice BMW E36 325. Whatmore if you are able to find a manual E36? Its fun, powerful, classy and its a BMW. Why think of such powerful cars (EVOs) when its only your first car? You cant even handle a 200hp car and you wanna jump right of to a car that comes 280hp as standard? LOL! I nearly died driving a 325 manual when I was 18 but no doubt i had lotsa fun with it! Im still shit scared when I drive my 500hp car now. Kill yourself but not others.

ifanonline

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
50k probably enough for an converted evo if u're lucky ,
but definately not enough for some other expenses like daily petrol , mod , maintenance if u dont have the stable income now..
was spending more than 40k pass 2yrs on my converted evo , once u starting mod it , you won't & unable to stop actually..
fuel consume 1 full tank can last about 300-380km. averagely 1 week need at least 1-2 tank if u're daily use the car. Lets dont say mod , just calculate the brake pad , clutch pad , service & sometime the car cough/flu/fever , kurang kurang 1 mth might cost u RM800-1000.
my few cents ...
this is very true...RM800-RM1000 spare parts is considered low end...if you buy brembo ka, K&N ka, etc..you will be looking into RM2000-RM3000 for spare parts only...Evolution is not cheap man

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The August break for this year’s Formula One season could see the confirmation that Lotus will be switching over to Renault engines for next season.

Although Lotus is currently Cosworth-powered, the words of Renault’s Engine Technical Director, Rob White, that claims any announcement regarding the French marque’s plans for the 2011 season is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience