BMW SR20DET\Convert JAP FORUM HERE!!

mista_M

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
oowh okie..gitu ye..pdnla owner sblm juai keta kot..hafkat kurg..yela s.africa e30 gile nye murah..itu ari ade naek keta member e30 enjin 325i da mody..mak aii bunyik enjin xhingat nye sedap...damn..tp msh terase cm pickup die kurg r..dbandingkn dgn enjin jepon la..hehe..tp kalau dmody abes2an mst gile gk pg nye..oow yeke.1jz kt africa bleh thn hargenye..nk kne g kedai spare tgk harge enjin n brg2 dlu br bleh pk either e30 wit sr20 or e36 wit 1jz..tp utk info je la..brg2 cm lampu cristal angel eye,side mirror m3,spoiler..kt s.africa serious murah..tggl aku je xbwk blk..

anyone hv ride e36 wit rb/1jz/2j pls share ur experience..pic wud really help..tanx..

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
oowh okie..gitu ye..pdnla owner sblm juai keta kot..hafkat kurg..yela s.africa e30 gile nye murah..itu ari ade naek keta member e30 enjin 325i da mody..mak aii bunyik enjin xhingat nye sedap...damn..tp msh terase cm pickup die kurg r..dbandingkn dgn enjin jepon la..hehe..tp kalau dmody abes2an mst gile gk pg nye..oow yeke.1jz kt africa bleh thn hargenye..nk kne g kedai spare tgk harge enjin n brg2 dlu br bleh pk either e30 wit sr20 or e36 wit 1jz..tp utk info je la..brg2 cm lampu cristal angel eye,side mirror m3,spoiler..kt s.africa serious murah..tggl aku je xbwk blk..

anyone hv ride e36 wit rb/1jz/2j pls share ur experience..pic wud really help..tanx..

hey dude..
I plonked in RB25 auto into my E36 since I needed some instant extra power on tap..Initially wanted it to run on SR's but the sound of two extra cylinders makes me horny lah!But now V8s makes me wanna cum...Coming soon!hehe..
The mech who installed my engine did a shoddy job with the long shaft, oil sump etc..but I'm not here to whine bout him anyway..
I used to have prob with my long shaft..i mean,the E36's long shaft..
It vibrates like hell until the next mech (present) mods another one and send it for more proper balancing..
The oil sump definitely have to mod as the cross member block its way..
And oil level indicator aka dipstick was also repositioned..

what else arrr?..:hmmmm:

Mine involves more headache in terms of wiring since its an auto tranny..
I'll keep you informed of any other things that needs to be mod coz now my brain seems to function with only 30% capability..ngantuk bro..siang tadi penat lapah daging!hehehe..
and btw, the above mods refers to my car..I'm sure in this Boleh Land other mech have different opinion on way to do things..

you Sud Afrika kat Joberg or Cape Town?..I really missed those place ler..

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
Have a friend who bought a 1987 E30 320i with RB25 but eventually he threw the engine out of the engine bay and plunk in E36 325i. Bro Mista_M you mentioned "tp msh terase cm pickup die kurg r..dbandingkn dgn enjin jepon la..hehe..tp kalau dmody abes2an mst gile gk pg nye..oow yeke.1jz kt africa bleh thn hargenye..nk kne g kedai spare tgk harge enjin n brg2 dlu br bleh pk either e30 wit sr20 or e36 wit 1jz..tp utk info je la..brg2 cm lampu cristal angel eye,side mirror m3,spoiler..kt s.africa serious murah..tggl aku je xbwk blk.." all continental cars are made in that way as opposed to Japs car. Sincerely, I have nothing against those who does this mods on Bimmers or Merc but IMHO, these German machines are meant to use their own parts and engine. My 16 year old Merc is still using its original engine and it never fails me, no power bro?? you are right but are u measuring it in a horsepower unit or what? German cars have low horsepower but it has high torque. Remember, u want the power in your car, but by taking a shortcut by plunking japs engine is not a wise answer then. I have always appreciated the German technologies. Viva German technologies.

orangebmw

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
PERLIS
mista_M...ikut mekanik kat tmpat u la..kalau mekanik tu pro conti-japs...bleh la masuk japs engine..kalau x brapa expert...maintain ori engine...belambak kat sana..kat msia ni h.cut e30 dh pupus n harga melambung...so..think wisely like bro fardell said...if u are highway cruiser better go for bmw engines...if u are traffic light crazy...go for japs...

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
mista_M...ikut mekanik kat tmpat u la..kalau mekanik tu pro conti-japs...bleh la masuk japs engine..kalau x brapa expert...maintain ori engine...belambak kat sana..kat msia ni h.cut e30 dh pupus n harga melambung...so..think wisely like bro fardell said...if u are highway cruiser better go for bmw engines...if u are traffic light crazy...go for japs...
Safwan, indeed the half cut for E30 is in its extinction stage but as an alternative way, there are E34 half cuts available,I mean the M20 engine model. If not mistaken, these engine are actually cheaper than a 1JZ or RB20 but IMHO the price is very attractive. There is nothing much to do when transplanting this engine into the E30 as the mounting is the same but need to redo the wiring system, IMHO the best time to do it when transplanting this engine. Mista_m I have used an E34 520i (converted to M20B25B engine) and u said that there not enough power, i think you need to do your homework again bro, the torque was immense that one who is not an expert in handling a Bimmer might end up on a divider. That's why I have always appreciate the German technologies.

Converting into a Japanese engine may sounds pleasing for you as you get yourself instant power but, you IMHO may have wasted a huge sum of money whereby if u use the original engine, you save a lot a lot of money. In my case for example, I only spent RM10,000 to rebuild back my 16 year old ride and these including respray the car, overhauling the gearbox and other miscellaneous expenses. A simple math will do bro. Cheers...

orangebmw

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
PERLIS
e34 same price with e30 rm 3.5k-6k...e36 318is/318ti rm5.5k-7k...my car already have rb20 inside..so rebuid my rb20...i think to put back m20 but u know la fardell...i'm independent on this topic..huhu...i have my own e30 with japs engine and i know m20 is very "sedap"...but sometimes when i think back i feel satisfy with rb20 that served for me almost 4years (6years include previous owner) without any problem...just change wear n tear parts and do some mounting work...so mista_M...if u are already use ori engine...dont swap it to japs if ur engine still good...if already kaput then just ask your pocket and decide japs or bmw...

orangebmw

Known Member
Sep 11, 2005
PERLIS
e34 same price with e30...about 3.5-6k..for me...i'm not interested at e34 h.cut because i want to use bodypart,interior and engine...before i rebuid back my rb20...i think to put back m20 but price too costly...let say..h.cut rm4.5k..labour cost 2k...wear and tear 2k..total 8.5k..huhu...can get another std e30...better i buy another e30...right fardell?i can enjoy both if my e30..haha..for mista_M if u are using ori engine and still in good cond..dont swap to japs...lot of parts available there...use that opportunity..if u come back here nothing u can do...very2 pricey here...huhu..right mr fardell?

Last edited:

mista_M

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
hye guys..tanx for those info..
ya.. i agree wit mr orange n mr fardell also..but to be honest iv been thinking abt a bmw wit a jap motor since long time..n yipp u cn say that the bmw engine is powerfull with high torque and what..
but frankly speak,how much do u need to put out cash in order to get that 325i motor the same capabiltity like the japs motor.
-if i got bundle of cash i totally wont disturb the bmw engine coz i know iv got the bucks for all the performance stuff..but in my case here(act not only my case, i guess plenty of others) im still a student and im nutts of pulling the 1st,2nd,3rd at a trafick light,stop junction,or jus anywhere..the thing is must just think before decide it..
but btw..tanx for the info..really helpd..tanx mr orange n fardell :)

mista_M

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
tanx drug addict..man id really lov if u cn post sum of ur pix :)
owhh depends on the mech laa ek..how he mounts evrything..i kinda know this one guy he said he know 1 mech in durban(s.africa) thats using a 325i with turbo mode..he said d guy knows around abt bmw..so mybe cn try my luck..hehe..

btw..drug addict..capetown bro..
ur nickname is so so so perfect in capetown dude..hehhee..if u mish,u cn always drop by in s.a id b honour to take u around but only after my project is success laa k..hehe..

tax dude..happy new year to all..

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
hye guys..tanx for those info..
ya.. i agree wit mr orange n mr fardell also..but to be honest iv been thinking abt a bmw wit a jap motor since long time..n yipp u cn say that the bmw engine is powerfull with high torque and what..
but frankly speak,how much do u need to put out cash in order to get that 325i motor the same capabiltity like the japs motor.
-if i got bundle of cash i totally wont disturb the bmw engine coz i know iv got the bucks for all the performance stuff..but in my case here(act not only my case, i guess plenty of others) im still a student and im nutts of pulling the 1st,2nd,3rd at a trafick light,stop junction,or jus anywhere..the thing is must just think before decide it..
but btw..tanx for the info..really helpd..tanx mr orange n fardell :)
Bro, how much money that you need to invest bro? Like I mentioned earlier, a simple math will do. Have u done your homework bro by surveying around the prices for Bimmers? It is ok that you are more into japs engine swapping but trust me, you are going to regret it in the long run.

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hi,

I remembered a race tuner wrote in an article that if it's just hp you're worried about, don't be. Just because you have more hp doesn't mean the car can perform better. Just because the specs of the German tech is not on par with a twin turbo Jap performance car doesn't mean it won't feel as good. If a 500hp car can go 10 seconds in a quarter mile, does that mean a 1000hp car can go half of that?

Since you're still studying, I recall that when I was still studying I was surrounded by jap performances because it was and still is popular. I think what surrounds us will influence in what we will go for. I almost changed my engine to an RB26 but in the end I didn't when I discovered that Germans also had their performance machines. Even if you don't get to buy any German performance parts or engines, check out what you can do by research online on E30 performances. Good stuff!! Or.... just a suggestion... go and surround yourself with BMW owners who are into performances and see what they'd have to say!!

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
Nass, well said nass...btw watch this....[youtube]jj2sVPv6aS8&feature=related[/youtube]

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
[youtube]vGFKHUhQRsQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last week my gf's car got break in and lost a Kenwood CD player..

her car is a 100% stock..i donno whats wrong with ppl now dayz,and the player that got stolen is a normal kenwood player...

she is driving a satria,that damn thief broke the galss behind the driver door..that &%&* thief damn smart,i wonder y dont he break the glass on the driver door instead the wan behind,THAT IS FREAKIN MORE EXPENSIVE COMPARE TO THE FRONT ONES!!!

now she in complaining y the &^$*$& am i not staying at...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience