Best of the best engine oils

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Darth Evillus, Jan 20, 2019.

1. 6UE5t

6UE5t Senior Member

That's not best price, should be below rm80. Giant normally gives better promotion for Shell.

2. LittleWhiteWagon

LittleWhiteWagon Senior Member

For me my personal favorite would be Royal Purple's HPS for FS oil. One of the smoothest oils i've ever used and pretty good FC + anti wear & detergent additives inside.

Amsoil also has pretty good oil, but somehow it doesn't get as good FC results as RP. The entry level ones also cant hold oil pressure + shed heat fast so I didn't like that . Their manual transmission oil is crap also, but ATF & Powerfoam pretty good. Been using it for a few years now.

But for a cheap daily FS I normally go to Bardahl + 1 can of B1 because of price. :laugh:

Just a little extra for cleaning high-mileage/old neglected engines: I'm biased to Bardahl's engine flush because I managed to get a bit better ring seal from a friend's 1JZ when I serviced it awhile ago. Plus you can drive with it (not hard of course) in the engine oil. :biggrin: Marvel Mystery Oil is good stuff too, but that story is for another time...

Izso and ixeo like this.