Battery

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hey guys,

Yesterday around lunch I was about to start up my car when I remembered the silencer which I put in before I got home late the previous night. So I jump out and use my handy tool (a metal road with a hook on the end - primitive I know) to yank out the silencer.

Anyone who has tried removing the Trust silencer I have will tell you that its a bloody nuisance. I've never come across something so stubborn LOL. Anyways, yesterday seemed harder than usual and after several yanks I was getting frustrated and in the end just gave up. I went inside the house conveniently forgetting the key in the ignition, which was already in the 'ON' position.

Shortly after, a couple of mates dropped by and we ended up jamming and just chilling with the usual drugs, strippers and beer (ok well maybe just jamming then). Ended up staying until 9pm before hunger pangs got the better of us and we decided to go grab some food.

By then it was too late. The battery was flat.

And the thing is, I can't jump start the car using the terminals in the engine bay either. I was defeated by the hood lock which needs power in order to work.

The only way was to replace the battery which is another story. Out comes the back seat and the metal panel behind which the battery lives. As I was undoing the bolts to get to the battery, all the while cursing and sweating, I decided that since I'm replacing the battery I might as well get something that lasts longer- this one lasted 18 months.

So I'm thinking Odyssey for its 3 year life minimum guarantee. The audio gear I feel justifies it. However, who sells them locally as the website has no Malaysian distributor listed.

If sourcing one is a problem, what are my other options? I'm not interested in prices but reliability, immediate availability and compatibility (space, leads etc).

Thanks, you guys are a wonderful audience. :biggrin:

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
No experience with Odyssey. I've read about many GT-R owners using Optima Batteries. Not sure if they're sold here. The YT-B24 model should fit the BNR34 without problems. As you have a heavy ICE system, I also agree with you with getting a heavier duty battery. You could look at Optima as an option. I think V-Spec would recommend it too.
They might be a tad heavier though.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
No experience with Odyssey. I've read about many GT-R owners using Optima Batteries. Not sure if they're sold here. The YT-B24 model should fit the BNR34 without problems. As you have a heavy ICE system, I also agree with you with getting a heavier duty battery. You could look at Optima as an option. I think V-Spec would recommend it too.
They might be a tad heavier though.
Yup, I see that Optima is mentioned alot on the UK forums but then again, most of them go for power - check out their audio section which is pretty much dead. I'm not ignoring the temptation of huge horsepower but merely trying to accomodate both.

I guess the 3-10 year lifetime and 12 year (not hooked up) shelf lifetime appeals to me I suppose. Plus, I can mount it on its side or vertically so long as its not upside down or else how would you hook it up.

Who sells Optima? Don't care about weight, I can offset it naturally :thefinger:

Earlier, Peter of CV Audio offered to send his workers to my house to change the battery for me - top bloke I must say.

Last edited:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
To airfreight battery would be killer in terms of cost (althought not an issue in your case). Have you tried looking for it in Singapore? They might just have it there.

ccibai

Known Member
May 21, 2005
msia
4wd Equipment in KL sell optima batteries, though i m not sure whether they hv ur size in stock or not =)

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
easy solution man. i use to have audio system.
but since i took them out to accomodate my meters n switch. no problem since. keke.
sound of the engine roaring is music to my ears. :D

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
4wd Equipment in KL sell optima batteries, though i m not sure whether they hv ur size in stock or not =)
I'll check with them, thanks for the heads-up.

easy solution man. i use to have audio system.
but since i took them out to accomodate my meters n switch. no problem since. keke.
sound of the engine roaring is music to my ears. :D
I don't get what you're saying bro? Nothing wrong with my meters - not that I have any. :hmmmm:

how bout VARTA?

replaced it to my bro benz by the mech, it rm600-700
I'll look it up on the net and see who sells in KL but this isn't a brand I'm used to really.

calvintys

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
klang
Anyone looking for Varta? I have them on stock. Anyway i also have some Gel base Bat from Koreo, which life spend is much longer then traditional batteries.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Anyone looking for Varta? I have them on stock. Anyway i also have some Gel base Bat from Koreo, which life spend is much longer then traditional batteries.
Bro,

What do you have to suit GTRs?

BTW, removing the old battery is fkd up. Going through the back seat is the worst possible way of going about it yet I have no choice.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
pimpin, pimpin, pimpin...

judging by the audio equipment in your car.... the best bet would be a diesel generator in your boot... hahahahaha

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
hehe. silap. it's just some timers to 1-100 and some small stuff.
i have to audio system in my car bro. :D

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Bro [PIMPIN],

You can get Optima Batteries from Kaitenaz Racing from Sunway. Opposite podium, or in between powerqube and links.

Browse around optima batteries website and let them know the dimension you want and they can order for you. Price over 1k plus. :biggrin:

Indeed removing battery from the GTR is tough, even from the rear, as there's a really big plate.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We could see the return of the legendary Supra if Toyota boss Akio Toyoda has his way. The boss and grandson to the founder has apparently given his approval to the development of a new modern Supra. But before you get too excited, note that Mr. Toyoda has also conceded that even if he has given his approval, there may be resistance to the plan within his own company.

According to a report by Autocar UK...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience