advise on vr4 and gsr

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
no peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i see GT_AUTO sitting on a GSR revving waiting for
Kriminalz who is sitting on a vr4
and i see Jin sitting in his murahguru tandoori payat gilababi rojak meebuah passembur 4G63+64+67+69 SuperVR-4 2.5 liter waiting for the winner of the outcome for final showdown...

and then the winner goes down with me :mad:

to spa la....massage la...apa lagi...dah la game banyak...kena release tension mar...:rofl:

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
whatever it is Jin.. i just sold off all of my cars again.. hehehehehehe...
no more turbo's..
= )

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
u have to buy a evo3 halfcut, then buy a 4g67 engine block only
thts all
Emmm...let me make sure I understand.
Yes, i buy evo3 h/cut & 4g67 engine block, than put it in my putra but with 4g67 block? So it is 4g63 engine with 4g67 block?

By then can be approved?

U have to get approval from JPJ 1st lo...
for ur 67 engine...
Or, i have to install 4g67 first and go for inspection?

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Emmm...let me make sure I understand.
Yes, i buy evo3 h/cut & 4g67 engine block, than put it in my putra but with 4g67 block? So it is 4g63 engine with 4g67 block?

By then can be approved?

Or, i have to install 4g67 first and go for inspection?
before inspection, u plug in evo3 head + 4g67 block...
after inspection, remove the block and swap in evo3 block... or if u want safe, rebore 4g67 block to fit evo3 piston, conrods, crankshaft...

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
and you guys never think of the workmanship cost to fit in that bloody block.

assuming that you're putting it into a wira :

1) dismantling the engine+wiring+piping+whatever it is from the halfcut.
2) remove the 4G63 block from the engine and make sure the 4G67 block is in good condition before you put in your stuffs into it. following other forummer's advise :
2 a) install the 4G63 head into 4G67. means? new water pump, new timing belt, new gaskets, new oil seals (let's talk about bare essentials)
2 b) remove engine mountings from the halfcut into the 4G67 engine.
2 c) install everything back into spec, then put into your own car (again i remind you to assume it;s a wira)
2 d) install whatever wirings, pipings, exhaust pipings, timing belt, new water pump, whatever belt, what duh you can stuff inside the engine bay and the dashboard.
2 e) put fluid, engine oil whatever snake oil you can imagine into your new 4G7 EVO engine (as if that exists)
2 f) start the engine make sure no white smoke no leaking oil no boost leak no nothing happen la
2 g) test drive
2 h) owner comes for test drive...duno how to drive turbo car
2 i) langgar tiang/divider/pokok/traffic light/pedestrian/other car

wait a minute...that's worst case scenario...

start back from 2 h)

2 i) owner complains no power la no this la no that la but workshop tells him this is just to pass inspection
2 j) owner make noise in ZTH say workshop tipu him
2 K) workshop send the car to puspakom for inspection, fail brake test/ fail tinted test ----> you guys dun tell me never kena before
2 l) come back redo rear brake, koyak tinted
2 m) owner make noise in workshop say ZTH member say you tak professional, not good enough foreman, say his friend in ZTH can do better job
2 o) workshop foreman tahan only...make sure this car pass inspection
2 p) resend the car for inspection: this time pass
2 q) got the pass letter, go back workshop and remove engine block (4G67 mar remember?)
2 r) engine out from engine bay, remove block and reinstall 4G63 engine block (this time EVO betul punya la)
2 s) reinstall everything with everything used from 4G67 (semua baru ma)
2 t) owner see this and complain in ZTH say he use old stuff in when he say must use new. Foreman keep quiet.
2 u) owner bambu foreman say he tipu owner need to refund. Foreman buat dunno only continue his job
2 v) everything complete in 4G63 EVO (finally after hundred of procedures) and reinstall into engine bay
2 w) start, everything okay.
2 x) owner come in and take the car, pay money and chow...never say thank you to the foreman
2 y) foreman say tiu na ma chau far hai...this is what i get from this kao hai owner....next time duwan do this conversion. boleh next time charge RM 12,000. cibai punya customer
2 z) owner kena JPJ block. check check block no not same as 4G67 (use back 4G63 mar), car kena sita, bising with foreman, foreman say this is what you wan, owner make noise in ZTH say this foreman tipu him, then start campaining of making this workshop name as busuk as possible.

aIYOH... i got somore what to write but i think the old timers in zth will understand this scenario (the real 4G63 players, not pretenders) NOTE : those never convert to EVO/VR-4 before, keep quiet before i bambu you.

i hope Newbies here will understand. not everyone wants to do this messy job anymore. trust me. it's tedious. and it;s not cheap anymore. it's not like old times sake bukak halfcut check timing belt check water pump, ok pasang into wira. now you have to do all the stuffs i mentioned! SERIOUS! dun expect old price quoted be the same as now.

think hard before you want to convert. no money? no talk. at least talk about 12K before you want to commment anything. and it's not including suspension, boost meter la, timer la, bigger rims la, exhaust la, blow off valve la stainless steel intercooler la 3 inch exhaust la management la...

sendiri mau ingat.

you wanna flame me, go ahead. i am doing a community service here. i will provide you with any answer you want. those who know me long enough know where i learn my workshop basics.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
haha , miton hehehe
how la u tink of the worst scenario lolx

ok laa guys so far the smoothest scenario will only happen with a patient owner and a experience mechanic

1. bring a foreman check the halfcut
2. start the engine and check up
3. barai the halfcut
4. buy a 4g67 block
5. send the 67 block + ur pistons to machine shop
* good reputable machine shops do not come cheap*
6. i suggest u leave the balance shaft
7. rebore and machine the piston pin to fit in the piston
8. buy new gaskets , pumps , and wear n tear parts
8. assemble the engine on the ground
9. barai ur engine
10. plonk in the evo + 67 block
11. check brake conditions , if pads n skimming needed please do it
12. use evo mountings thts important
13. wiring has to be completed

dnt transplant the engine and hope there is Zero troubleshooting to do
u need at least 1-2 weeks to troubleshoot ur car b4 getting it to puspakom.
go to puspakom also dont be a hero , use a runner , get it done once n fore all , remember that rebore in malaysia aint very perfect like US , we dont have C&C shops. if u got enuff cash just to transplant and buy halfcut, forget it :D , my e3 stock transplant + barang + workmanship came 11500

and remeber dnt overtake mitons car :D

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Arghhhss..
Hmmmmzzzhh
Urghhffhhj...

!!!!...Bro KriminalZ...
I buy ur car la... hehehehehee........

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
and remeber dnt overtake mitons car :D
cos i parking at roadside double signal let you pass mar cos waste my petrol only ...no point chasing jin's fighter plane mar :mad:

but still you're stuck at 1997cc with 4G67 conversion.

with proper 4G63 we can still go for 2323 stroker wat... :flute:

correct me if i'm wrong...i am just a small kuchi rat here...

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
and you guys never think of the workmanship cost to fit in that bloody block.

assuming that you're putting it into a wira :

1) dismantling the engine+wiring+piping+whatever it is from the halfcut.
2) remove the 4G63 block from the engine and make sure the 4G67 block is in good condition before you put in your stuffs into it. following other forummer's advise :
2 a) install the 4G63 head into 4G67. means? new water pump, new timing belt, new gaskets, new oil seals (let's talk about bare essentials)
2 b) remove engine mountings from the halfcut into the 4G67 engine.
2 c) install everything back into spec, then put into your own car (again i remind you to assume it;s a wira)
2 d) install whatever wirings, pipings, exhaust pipings, timing belt, new water pump, whatever belt, what duh you can stuff inside the engine bay and the dashboard.
2 e) put fluid, engine oil whatever snake oil you can imagine into your new 4G7 EVO engine (as if that exists)
2 f) start the engine make sure no white smoke no leaking oil no boost leak no nothing happen la
2 g) test drive
2 h) owner comes for test drive...duno how to drive turbo car
2 i) langgar tiang/divider/pokok/traffic light/pedestrian/other car

wait a minute...that's worst case scenario...

start back from 2 h)

2 i) owner complains no power la no this la no that la but workshop tells him this is just to pass inspection
2 j) owner make noise in ZTH say workshop tipu him
2 K) workshop send the car to puspakom for inspection, fail brake test/ fail tinted test ----> you guys dun tell me never kena before
2 l) come back redo rear brake, koyak tinted
2 m) owner make noise in workshop say ZTH member say you tak professional, not good enough foreman, say his friend in ZTH can do better job
2 o) workshop foreman tahan only...make sure this car pass inspection
2 p) resend the car for inspection: this time pass
2 q) got the pass letter, go back workshop and remove engine block (4G67 mar remember?)
2 r) engine out from engine bay, remove block and reinstall 4G63 engine block (this time EVO betul punya la)
2 s) reinstall everything with everything used from 4G67 (semua baru ma)
2 t) owner see this and complain in ZTH say he use old stuff in when he say must use new. Foreman keep quiet.
2 u) owner bambu foreman say he tipu owner need to refund. Foreman buat dunno only continue his job
2 v) everything complete in 4G63 EVO (finally after hundred of procedures) and reinstall into engine bay
2 w) start, everything okay.
2 x) owner come in and take the car, pay money and chow...never say thank you to the foreman
2 y) foreman say tiu na ma chau far hai...this is what i get from this kao hai owner....next time duwan do this conversion. boleh next time charge RM 12,000. cibai punya customer
2 z) owner kena JPJ block. check check block no not same as 4G67 (use back 4G63 mar), car kena sita, bising with foreman, foreman say this is what you wan, owner make noise in ZTH say this foreman tipu him, then start campaining of making this workshop name as busuk as possible.

aIYOH... i got somore what to write but i think the old timers in zth will understand this scenario (the real 4G63 players, not pretenders) NOTE : those never convert to EVO/VR-4 before, keep quiet before i bambu you.

i hope Newbies here will understand. not everyone wants to do this messy job anymore. trust me. it's tedious. and it;s not cheap anymore. it's not like old times sake bukak halfcut check timing belt check water pump, ok pasang into wira. now you have to do all the stuffs i mentioned! SERIOUS! dun expect old price quoted be the same as now.

think hard before you want to convert. no money? no talk. at least talk about 12K before you want to commment anything. and it's not including suspension, boost meter la, timer la, bigger rims la, exhaust la, blow off valve la stainless steel intercooler la 3 inch exhaust la management la...

sendiri mau ingat.

you wanna flame me, go ahead. i am doing a community service here. i will provide you with any answer you want. those who know me long enough know where i learn my workshop basics.

sad but true...lots of hassleeeessss....and the time spent....sheshhhh...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yo guys, I have a question:

Does adding a crankcase filtered air breather improve any performance?

For you guys who don't know what it is, here is a pic
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience