Search results

1. Hard Engine Break In Method Worked Wonder

hi, i just want to share the result of hard engine break-in on my car which some of us may have read over the internet. It sounds controversial as compared to the traditional method of slow drive for first 1000km, I decided to do hard engine break-in as recommended by motoman, i was convinced...
  2. Rear On-Wheel Balancing

Hi, i want to provide information for those looking to balance front and rear wheels using on wheel balancing method. I have been going to this workshop for sometimes now and it is excellent. The boss is a friendly chap, I paid RM60 for alignment and front-rear on wheel balancing They...
  3. U

[WTA] Where to service adjustable around Puchong

PRS Sport service 14-G Jalan PSK 8 Pusat Perdagangan Seri Kembangan 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor Ah Sim 0126282927 The place is not far from puchong (15min from putra perdana area) im a regular at his place. a veteran with good business ethics :D
  4. U

The Engine Oil Discussion Thread

i 2nd that. please share for the sake of all consumers :D
  5. U

help reading out spark plug condition

checked today at zhapalang, the guy told me the plug is too cold
  6. U

help reading out spark plug condition

the plug has been in for 15k, its an iridium thx for that. ive been thinking of using colder plug too i have 2mm oversized piston fitted in, exhaust mod, oem airbox and filter and CAI. is the mod enough to cause lean af? is leaning of af is what causes the plug to burn too hot?
  7. help reading out spark plug condition

hi, i recently serviced my car and asked the mech to take out the spark plug to see the condition of it, below is the pic: it looks like its in healthy condition judging by the light gray deposit but the cracks look like i have been experiencing detonation any help?
  8. U

.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

exhaust gas cools off rapidly as it goes from extractor to the tailpipe, u can lightly touch the tailpipe on hot days but definitely not the header on any day :) reason: - cooler exhaust is denser therefore heavier and slower - also exhaust velocity increases with temperature, so cooler...
  9. U

rumbling when engaging clutch

i did a search on the clutch problem..mine seems to have symptom of bad throw out/release bearing but im not sure for now no racing clutch, just swapped to heavy duty clutch only but the problem was never there when using oem exedy
  10. U

Car Electric Turbo Super Charger or cyclone

i think iszo made a test on this type of gadget and he hated it :D
  11. U

[WTA] Repair/Recon Adjustable

PRS Sport Service (brand PRS, GAB & etc) 14-G Jalan PSK 8 Pusat Perdagangan Seri Kembangan 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor HP : 012 628 2927 K.L. Sim a highly recommended place
  12. U

vacuum gauge low reading running on aircond

my case is not included in all the readings above
  13. U

engine oil & coolant disappear

he did mention about white smoke coming out only when mivec is on. this does not mean anything? i like to know..
  14. rumbling when engaging clutch

i press the clutch, get on 1st gear, release the clutch and at some point of releasing, the whole car will rumble and vibrate like crazy and this only happens at low speed 10-20km/h what could be the problem? also i got chirping "kak kak kak" sound when releasing clutch especially at slow...
  15. U

most probably it. ur bullet formed an anti-reversion system at low exhaust speed. actually u would find that ur power overall will be reduced by removing just the bullet coz wave tuning is spoilt without it. wave tuning is the key to exhaust performance :)
  16. U

possible sources: the pecah sound can come from the 3"-4" muffler, this type of muffler acts like a hailer/trumpet (small mic to big wide flared mouth to widen and amplify the sound) so any noise from engine will be amplified when it goes out the 4" mouth, and uve got 2" piping going to 3" and...
  17. U

4-2-1? 4-1? Extractors broken down!

oval type resonator will be better coz it has more packing for noise absorption, u can get a midbox if u like for better dampening. What matters is the internal pipe volume being large enough to trick the engine into thinking it is dumping exhaust into the "atmosphere" due to that large diameter...
  18. U

yes the back pipe after resonator does not matter in terms of wave tuning, just need to make sure it flows properly smaller/stock pipe at the back can be good since exhaust cools down a lot as it travels out and cooler exhaust is denser thus slower so it does not do good to N/A. smaller back...
  19. U

how big is the sflow?
  20. U

how about: use the 4-2-1 u mentioned if ur exhaust system has to go a tight 90 degree bend before the bullet, use 2.5" 90 degree elbow and constrict it to 2" after about 10" length, continue 2" piping to bullet. if ur exhaust system is quite straight from header to bullet, use 2" instead...