Where to find Mandrel Bent Exhaust Shop?

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking for a shop that can help me do a custom midpipe using Mandrel bent technique of bending the pipe.

Any suggestions?

The pipe on the left is mandrel bent while the one on the right is the normal type

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its either dat or get sumone to use elbows, excess exhaust uses dis method wit their zorst pipes. the differences are mendrel bended pipes has the same diameter through out its whole length, so not much pressure drop on the bending

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Mandrel bent is not 100% good for everything. The outer of the bent area will become thinner due the stretch (easier to wash out) and inner part will become 'kedut' (easier to crack when on extreme temperature sudden cooled). Muffler or intake maybe ok. Other parts may survive if the bent degree is not too much (also depends on the material and its thickness). Ceramic coated may help a bit but no guaranty if the theory works.

On the above pic, left side of the pipes visually looks good but if use at cat or header, it will not last very long. That's why high end or racing parts (light weight) always has a lot of welding. Can be bent if use thicker and heavier material.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

This one specially for uncle D

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Today I happened to drive past JFA Motorsports aka Jaafar Exhaust in Sunway when I saw they had mandrel bend elbow joint pipes.

So I told them my problem about my exhaust pipe vibrating at certain RMP and also I feel my existing exhaust piping had too much back pressure until the throttle feels heavy when trying to rev to redline.

So they took at look at my exhaust pipe and found that the bends were not smooth as they were made by joining a few sections of pipes together (see pic below). Plus the previous installer (another workshop) mounted one of the mounts to a section of the rear suspension which caused me to feel the vibration from the exhaust pipe.

So the kind folks at JFA Motorsports designed me a new pipe using a few elbow joint pipes which were mandrel bend and produced me a new pipe in 1.5 hours as seen in the photo below.

My newly installed back pipe

So for RM350, I have solved my exhaust vibration problem as well as my back pressure problem. Now with a smoother flow of exhaust, I can rev easier to redline.

Here's a comparison photo between my old pipe and the new one:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Aiyo bro, why you don't say earlier? You are missing something on that piece. You know what is super chamber ar? Anyway, Looks like JFA really know about the limit of the material. Not like those cheapo exhaust shop that will just simply bent something just for good visually looks. RM350 well spent :biggrin: As your pics not that clear, the welding looks like MIG. If they use TIG welding, PM me har, I got something for them to make as well :biggrin:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
nicely done there for the price of RM 350..
well worth it..
plus the fabrication skill is 1 of the best there..
another shop can try is USJ 1...the only exhaust shop there where they can really do good fabrication too

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
May I know how to go there? I'm new to USJ area. :)
do you know where is giant? if you know where is giant before reaching giant got 1 traffic light turn to your right and all the way straight till you see Honda 3S then after tha Honda showroom next junction turn to ur left then you can see alot of shops there..
try survey survey there

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
nicely done there for the price of RM 350..
well worth it..
plus the fabrication skill is 1 of the best there..
another shop can try is USJ 1...the only exhaust shop there where they can really do good fabrication too
ah heng there is it?

hawick

Known Member
Jun 27, 2005
D'sara / S'ban
do you know where is giant? if you know where is giant before reaching giant got 1 traffic light turn to your right and all the way straight till you see Honda 3S then after tha Honda showroom next junction turn to ur left then you can see alot of shops there..
try survey survey there
Oh, industrial area. Thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, i'm quite new to this forum so don cucuk me haha..hope sifu sifu like Skywalker etc etc.. can help me .. thanks alot guys..
i'm a SATRIA NEO 1.6 AUTO owner.. since my exterior modification is finish..i decided to modify my performance now.. and honestly i'm not satisfied with Neo's respond + pick up..
* Pls note that my car is Auto hehe..

What i want?

1) More solid powers
2) Better pick up
3) More response

Current...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience