Where to find Good Perdana V6 Gearbox. Any idea?

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
GTPui,
MMC gearbox Oil ?. From what I've heard, Perdana's are recommended to use the Proton SP3 transmision oil.

1) Can you share the specification of the MMC Gearbox oil that you mentioned above ?...

2) How much ?...

Thanks
actually it also sp3 atf.but it is imported from japan.so thats why i believed it more.

the price is around 120-130

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Sifou Danz and GTPui,
I should be fitting an ATF to my V6 in a few weeks time. My mechanic also hasn't got back to me on what he actually has got planned. For your information, I did do some online searching to actually learn about Transmission Oils. What I've learned so far, is that most cars that try other oils not recommended by the manufacturers tend to face problems. Although Proton recomends SPIII, I think the problem arises when people use SPIII oil that is not original.

One thing for sure, Can't take this lightly as my goal is to avoid the gearbox problem and not make it worse. Hehhahehe.

I really value your advice Danz, but will try to get more feedback on it. Once I sudah nak bikin, I'll get back to you and update you guys so we all can learn..

Until then, Keep posting ya...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
haih...my bro in law gbox got problem again....
stuck at 3rd gear....
i just changed another auto gbox 1 week before raya...
now buat hal again...lucky got warranty...

lancemapei

Known Member
Aug 29, 2005
haih...my bro in law gbox got problem again....
stuck at 3rd gear....
i just changed another auto gbox 1 week before raya...
now buat hal again...lucky got warranty...
don't get those rebuild GB, because it just rojak everything in to 1 GB, get the 2nd hand from Japan, low mileage and better quality and condition compare with proton GB, and just aorund RM1500 to RM1800.^^

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
in conclusion, which is better? my frend ask me to get 6a13 gbox but some mech say rebuilt gbox is better.

mine stuck at 3rd gear... :)

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Hi There,
Mission Accomplished. I’ve finally installed my Oil cooler and here’s an update for all members.

So far,
I do my ATF Oil & Filter change every 20K-30K Km. The only symptoms I’ve noticed on my gearbox is that the gear shift from Gear 1 to Gear 2 and vice versa is a bit rough (noticeable). That was before installation laa.

For starters,
I managed to get a 24 row Oil cooler. It was new (No brand laa). Cost me RM320.

Then,
Went over to my mechanic to get it installed. He fabricated a few additional brackets and used Goodyear high pressure hoses to connect the oil cooler and my ATF unit. He changed my ATF Oil and filter. The surgery required my bumper to be removed but my V6 was back on the road in 4 hours. All in the Oil Cooler + Installation came to RM820.

Current Status,
Right now my V6 (Year 2001) has clocked 88.2K km and still kickin strong. Belum test penuh lagi (After Installation). Will know how much improvement /difference there is in a few weeks time.
Hope this information helps all members with V6s who intend to pasang Oil Coolers. The bigger the Oil Cooler the better and and make sure (Kalau boleh) satu kali tukar the ATF Oil and Filter at a reliable mechanic.
Also, special thanks to all ZTH sifous and brother DanzEterna in particular for all the support and advice on the matter.

I have pictures. But still in the midst of figuring out how to attach em. If can please pm me the procedure on attaching pictures / images

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
wah..my name so big ah?
put small enuf lo..hehe..
anyways luckly no major problem, but i advice u to
use TOYOTA ATF Type 4 instead of proton ATF SP3,
& ensure u change your ATF every 15-20k km, instead of 20-30k km...
better take precaution bro....remember not to flush your ATF, just drain it...

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Danz,
Yes. I know you adviced me to use Toyota ATF Type 4. But to tell you the truth, I did some online reading/review gathering and just didn't dare switch to the Toyota ATF. I didn't want to take the risk. Moreover my mechanic also suggested that we play safe. Hehahehe.

Yup,
I drained my ATF. What do you mean by flushing the ATF ?. Is it adding some other liquid to the ATF before draining it ?...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yeah bro...no worries...
cos u already spend so much money on your atf cooler, scared it will give u problems again....'touch wood' cos proton sp3 tend to heat up faster & will damage your internal parts...thats wat i know thru 3 yrs of studying bout pv6....even alot of my mech & spare parts suppliers told me to use toyota atf for auto tranny & i advised quite a number of pv6 owners, so far i get good feedback i will just tell them 5 steps on maintaining their auto gbox

1.always leave your car idling for 1-2 mins during cold starts, let the ATF heat up, then slowly move, but not exceeding 2k RPM till the engine temp reaches quarter.
2.install ATF cooler , if possible find ones with fan in front.
3.change ATF every 15-20k km.
4.never flush ATF, just drain.
5.use TOYOTA ATF TYPE 4 ATF, do not add additives....

now im currently gathering info whether does nissan ATF (CVT) work on pv6 gbox....

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Thanks Sifou...
Those are steps I'll follow from now on. Hopefully your RnD on the Nissan ATF bears better results. You still never replied the difference between drain and flush.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
OoO..sorry bro...
forgot hehe..
anyways, if u keep on flushing, using a machine, its like a water dispenser....approx that size le...normally green colour.... im not sure have u seen it before, cos not
all whshops have it, usually used to flush your power steering fluid, brake/clutch fluid etc...
its an easier way rather than bleeding it, so if u keep flushing your gbox, it will damage the internal/fragile parts inside the gbox....cos pv6 gbox very manja...
so i dont suggest to flush everytime, just drain it till the last drop & fill it with new ATF....
do not overfill, use the dip stick to measure.

awangDogoi

Oct 10, 2009
doha,qatar
Hello sifu2..esp bro danz.

my v6(2003) already got GB problem.
it stuck at 3rd gear n can't go to the 4th gear.
even stop at traffic lght,it stay at 3rd gear.
I already new use ATF cooler.
so heavy when i press the pedal minyak at 3rd gear for accelerate.haduuu
i've do the diagnostic too.
my abs lamp also appear at panel.
i think the sensor is broken/malfunction already.
which shop you prefer to go to?
i think i want to change wit manual GB.
my car at teluk panglima garang,klang wit my brother now.
kindly do the needful.

thank bro

Attachments

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
awang...
i think yr gbox giving symthoms that gonna kong already....
u could either service your valve body, change to another recond auto gbox or convert manual,
my suggestion is that a manual gbox cost rm3k above, but take note there are various kinds of gbox.
the codes are
1. 222 - from eterna 1.8, 2wd gbox, 8" flywheel - 3k++
2. 232 - from eterna 2.0 twin turbo 4wd locked 2wd gbox, 9" flywheel - rm3.8k
3. 312 - from eterna 2.0 n/a 2wd gbox, 9" flywheel - rm3.8k-4.2k

from my point of view, the bloody manual gbox costs so much nowdays, so i suggest u might as well get a twin turbo halfcut, ranging from 5.5k-7.5k, kena pandai carik la, u could ask yr mech for help. u just top up abit more, u will get manual gbox + twin turbo engine...more worth it rite...? after convertion u could send your faulty auto gbox for overhaul, u could get gbox overhaul set from spare parts shop then overhaul it, once completed, sell it, at least u can get back some cash to cover some back u spend on your halfcut convertion....

if on a budget, go for RVR turbo, 90% similar engine to evo....halfcut costs bout rm3k, with auto gbox...if manual not sure, or u could deal with the tauke kedai potong, u tell him to trade in the auto gbox for manual once, sometimes he will just swap it or u might top up abit....

thats all bro.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, just wanna share how to replace a fuel filter on AE111 4AGE engine. I think AE101, AE92 and 4AFE engine would be the same.

p/s: The pictures I took is reverse order (installation process to remove process). But I tried to explain it in removing order.

1-Remove fuel hose at bottom of the fuel filter. 14mm nut...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience