Where to find Good Perdana V6 Gearbox. Any idea?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
rex...u go to any spare part shop...
u tell them u wan ATF toyota type 4 for perdana...they should know...
its a red colored tin.....
i have recommended alot of perdana users as well, so far all show good feedback.

here are samples of ATF coolers.
Accessories & Parts for sale Malaysia: atf cooler - Mudah.my

yes...similar to radiators, just that is 1/4 smaller than radiators.

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Danz,
If you know me, I'm already working on it and will publish a report on it once sudah siap pasang. Heahehehe.

You also mentioned Hayden siap pasang = RM550 earlier. Where's your location ?.

How many row oil cooler is it ?. Piping apamacam ?...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
hayden ATF cooler was bought by my fren....im using manual tranny..hehe..
if u plan to use kedai potong ones, try looking for pajero type.
could be easily sourced anywhere...just search Mudah.my - The marketplace of Malaysia, search 'atf cooler'
im not sure how many rows are there....
piping murah bro....if hayden rm550 complete installation...+ hoses etc...
if kedai potong u buy the cooler rm150, piping only a couple of ringgit only..paling mahal rm50..
normally around rm30-40....rubber piping only...
but ensure to inform your mech u wann the piping direct from gbox-atf cooler then back to gbox...
sometimes they run your atf gbox-radiator-atfcooler-gbox.....(not enuf cooling.)

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Thanks Man,
Let me check things out and update all future forummers for their knowledge sake....

That is once I dah pasang ler..

Hehahee

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
1) What are the symptoms that your Perdana V6 gearbox needs to be replaced ?
**u will experience gbox jerking, your whole car will jerk like someone hit your rear bumper from behind.

2) Let's say my V6 gearbox has a slight problem which occurs during gear shifting when driving
under "D". I feel the problem only during shift change from Gear 1 to Gear 2 and vice versa
only. All other gear shifts are ok. what do you guys think ?
**your gbox is showing symthoms already...

3) Based on the scenario above, what do you suspect is the problem and what can be done to
solve it ?
**remember to change your ATF every 15k km. use toyota type4 ATF......& install ATF cooler.better if u could find one with fan infront. halfcut rm150, with fan rm200, (installation below rm50), brand new hayden rm550 include installation
DanzEtrna , Wow u really know ur Perdana At Stuff. Really expert man!

Cheers.

SB3:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
danz i only have that symptom's

1) What are the symptoms that your Perdana V6 gearbox needs to be replaced ?
**u will experience gbox jerking, your whole car will jerk like someone hit your rear bumper from behind.

I have ATF cooler already that symptom occurs at times like traffic jam and hot weather only.
what can i do to solve it ? how much the toyota ATF change costs ?
i now using Q8 QD ATF + Lubeguard

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
atf cooler really works.B4 i install atf cooler,my gbox was jerking in gear shifting from 2nd to 1st.After installed,no more jerking.Im presently using MMC gbox oil.Cost for atf installation is below 180 include installation and need to add 1L gbox oil.

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
GTPui,
MMC gearbox Oil ?. From what I've heard, Perdana's are recommended to use the Proton SP3 transmision oil.

1) Can you share the specification of the MMC Gearbox oil that you mentioned above ?...

2) How much ?...

Thanks

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
GTPui,
MMC gearbox Oil ?. From what I've heard, Perdana's are recommended to use the Proton SP3 transmision oil.

1) Can you share the specification of the MMC Gearbox oil that you mentioned above ?...

2) How much ?...

Thanks
actually it also sp3 atf.but it is imported from japan.so thats why i believed it more.

the price is around 120-130

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Sifou Danz and GTPui,
I should be fitting an ATF to my V6 in a few weeks time. My mechanic also hasn't got back to me on what he actually has got planned. For your information, I did do some online searching to actually learn about Transmission Oils. What I've learned so far, is that most cars that try other oils not recommended by the manufacturers tend to face problems. Although Proton recomends SPIII, I think the problem arises when people use SPIII oil that is not original.

One thing for sure, Can't take this lightly as my goal is to avoid the gearbox problem and not make it worse. Hehhahehe.

I really value your advice Danz, but will try to get more feedback on it. Once I sudah nak bikin, I'll get back to you and update you guys so we all can learn..

Until then, Keep posting ya...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
haih...my bro in law gbox got problem again....
stuck at 3rd gear....
i just changed another auto gbox 1 week before raya...
now buat hal again...lucky got warranty...

lancemapei

Known Member
Aug 29, 2005
haih...my bro in law gbox got problem again....
stuck at 3rd gear....
i just changed another auto gbox 1 week before raya...
now buat hal again...lucky got warranty...
don't get those rebuild GB, because it just rojak everything in to 1 GB, get the 2nd hand from Japan, low mileage and better quality and condition compare with proton GB, and just aorund RM1500 to RM1800.^^

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
in conclusion, which is better? my frend ask me to get 6a13 gbox but some mech say rebuilt gbox is better.

mine stuck at 3rd gear... :)

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Hi There,
Mission Accomplished. I’ve finally installed my Oil cooler and here’s an update for all members.

So far,
I do my ATF Oil & Filter change every 20K-30K Km. The only symptoms I’ve noticed on my gearbox is that the gear shift from Gear 1 to Gear 2 and vice versa is a bit rough (noticeable). That was before installation laa.

For starters,
I managed to get a 24 row Oil cooler. It was new (No brand laa). Cost me RM320.

Then,
Went over to my mechanic to get it installed. He fabricated a few additional brackets and used Goodyear high pressure hoses to connect the oil cooler and my ATF unit. He changed my ATF Oil and filter. The surgery required my bumper to be removed but my V6 was back on the road in 4 hours. All in the Oil Cooler + Installation came to RM820.

Current Status,
Right now my V6 (Year 2001) has clocked 88.2K km and still kickin strong. Belum test penuh lagi (After Installation). Will know how much improvement /difference there is in a few weeks time.
Hope this information helps all members with V6s who intend to pasang Oil Coolers. The bigger the Oil Cooler the better and and make sure (Kalau boleh) satu kali tukar the ATF Oil and Filter at a reliable mechanic.
Also, special thanks to all ZTH sifous and brother DanzEterna in particular for all the support and advice on the matter.

I have pictures. But still in the midst of figuring out how to attach em. If can please pm me the procedure on attaching pictures / images

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
wah..my name so big ah?
put small enuf lo..hehe..
anyways luckly no major problem, but i advice u to
use TOYOTA ATF Type 4 instead of proton ATF SP3,
& ensure u change your ATF every 15-20k km, instead of 20-30k km...
better take precaution bro....remember not to flush your ATF, just drain it...

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Danz,
Yes. I know you adviced me to use Toyota ATF Type 4. But to tell you the truth, I did some online reading/review gathering and just didn't dare switch to the Toyota ATF. I didn't want to take the risk. Moreover my mechanic also suggested that we play safe. Hehahehe.

Yup,
I drained my ATF. What do you mean by flushing the ATF ?. Is it adding some other liquid to the ATF before draining it ?...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey all,

Practically been to almost all the major hardware shops to look for the DPI Autocolour code AP16602. I need a can urgently. If anyone spot it, do let me know, pls pls pls .. thanks alot ! can contact me at 016-2080519, thanks !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience