Neo cps tappet giving noise!plz help!

Sonic Thunder

Known Member
Jun 23, 2008
My neo cps which i jst took delivery last saturday givin tappet noises...but da noise goes away wen CPS comes in...
plz sifoos!
help me owt plz!

4G93NAPower

Known Member
Nov 23, 2008
Penang
hmm.... check the engine oil?
been driving my girl's Gen2 CPS around and trash the car on hill roads, the engine is quiet like normal car

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
might be the engine oil couldnt reach the tappet area...so u can check ur engine oil...and the parts that related..

4G93NAPower

Known Member
Nov 23, 2008
Penang
might be the engine oil couldnt reach the tappet area...so u can check ur engine oil...and the parts that related..
maybe a faulty oil pump, since there were some case which the oil pump cracked on first generation campro engine
better bring to workshop to check or proton sc

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
I don't think you're hearing tappet-noises... should be close to pre-detonation. But then again, these engines should have knock-sensors & you shouldn't be hearing it...
Perhaps the oil is too light?

I thought these engines have hydraulic tappets?

Sorry... just guessing. I drive a carbie :P

4G93NAPower

Known Member
Nov 23, 2008
Penang
I don't think you're hearing tappet-noises... should be close to pre-detonation. But then again, these engines should have knock-sensors & you shouldn't be hearing it...
Perhaps the oil is too light?

I thought these engines have hydraulic tappets?

Sorry... just guessing. I drive a carbie :P
you got a point there, running on too light engine oil also will face the tappet-noise problem
suggested engine oil for CPS is 10w40 semi, don't use other grade than that

yup campro engine running on hydraulic tappet

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all Radiostar Customers, Visitors to our thread and ZTH members,

We would like to invite you to the Asian Festival Of Speed Race held this coming weekend 15th of May at the Sepang International Circuit (SIC).

For those of you who are curious what this race is all about, its an Asian car race held in Malaysia, Thailand, China and Korea. This top notch race which has international recognization is organized by our very own Malaysian company, Motorsport Asia.

Radiostar will be there...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience