GTR Problem

azrilizwan

Jan 15, 2008
anyone pls explain to me, i'm having a problem with my r34 gtr, when i'm in 4th gear and above,i try to full press my throttle, suddenly my RPM from 4000 jump and stuck and 6000, and my speed also will stuck around 160kmh, to encounter this problem i must release the throttle first then press it again,it can't be like that,it suppose to run smoothly.. i can't understand.. this problem only occur on 4th to 6th gear.. please help and give some advice..tq.

S

semperfi

What did you do to your ride? Any upgrades lately? Clutch worn out?

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
is your clutch stock? sounds like a slipping clutch.. try keeping it in 5th, cruise, then floor it... if the revs jump up and the engine is screaming but the car isnt going fast, most likely the clutch is gone

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
More details please...any upgrade done?? Could be anything..clutch...ECU...injectors...etc...

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Need more details. It could be dirt clogged in fuel system. It also be clutch issue. What have u done to rectify the issue recently?

azrilizwan

Jan 15, 2008
i bought this car 2nd hand..i only noticed that the last owner changed the exhaust piping, boost controller, and used apexi power FC.. others than that all still standard, i had send my car for servicing in GT Auto, i've also tell them bout this problem, but its still happening, when i ask the mechanic is there any major problem, he said no.. but i still having this problem..

A

azmir1

dude...i'm new here, but wud like to contribute.

I just read on Power FC. It has a feature where you can set the maximum RPM the car can go. According to the article, this is to prevent from the mechanics to take the car out and drive like a mad man.

Could it be due to this setting? I know it doesn't make sense since the speedo reads 160kmph, but were u going that fast or just the reading says so?

Ntah la...worth a shot. :)

Cheers,
Azmir Z

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
How abt this, lets try off few things first before we jump the conclusion.

1. Test the clutch.
2. Replace fuel filter. Doesnt cost u much.
3. PowerFC. Get someone to check it out.

kugas

Oct 31, 2008
How abt this, lets try off few things first before we jump the conclusion.

1. Test the clutch.
2. Replace fuel filter. Doesnt cost u much.
3. PowerFC. Get someone to check it out.
....could be the coil ...just check ..

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Wah GT Auto also can`t help you?Do you have FC Commander?Could you provide the screenshot of this page :

ENG REVOLUTION DATA and ACCELERATE INJ. TIME

Also could you check the ECU no there got stated PRO-ROM or not.

I suspect it miss setting.

Power FC have those Off throttle Fuel cut function.

Have you ask previous owner regarding the tuning?What boost controller you using currently?

Last edited:

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
WAHHHHHH

GT AUTO also fail to diagnose your problem then they can really tutup kedai lmao.

Maybe, i think it is just a faulty speedo. Try correcting it with your gps phone see accurate o not first.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Dude, bring it over to Links at Bandar Sunway and look for Khee. They are not bad in Skyline.....He might be able to solve it for you! Good luck!

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
fuel filter is my reckon too..i had somewhat similar problem before. It will costs you less then 50 quid to get it changed. Try, no harm.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
hahaha yeah

i could buy 8 oil filters with that kinda money

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

For the intro, my sister in law have a Proton Savvy AMT and currently some part of the gearbox is not working well and after asking for the replacement parts @Proton service it costs around RM9k. So I'm thinking of suggesting her to just swap the engine into other alternative engine since the current engine maintainability is quite high.

So the question here, what are the available engines that can fit into Proton Savvy? Legally endorse of course. At the moment thinking...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience