Oct 29, 2005
oh yeah...one more la..

sorry, a lot of questions...

what is an ACT clutch?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
kk13, believe in the power of google. install a google toolbar in ur web browser. anything u dont know, type it in the google box.

u can start by typing ACT clutch in the box...

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
err... :( <-- umm.. y???
coz he is "rich" ppl n always change car -.-
happy news for the bank n ppl who bought his cars
coz he spent many $$$ mod till hav reputation on road
n sell in low price
sienz when he sold his supra also don giv me the sound system -.-

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
kk13, believe in the power of google. install a google toolbar in ur web browser. anything u dont know, type it in the google box.

u can start by typing ACT clutch in the box...

yeah bro, I have...but want more info n want to know wat u ppl think also...i have been searching the web...but got many opinions etc...duno which to believe..

:hmmmm:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
500bhp on auto is just a crack of bull unless he's on after market torque converter, which to date, i dont think i've came across anyone locally doing it. Perhaps my 'circle of frens' are too small... :(

anyhow.. for ACT Clutch info

AutoJunctions.com <-- write up on ACT clutch

Anyhow, 600bhp? i think u can opt for either T04Z or T78 Garret, for turbo, clutch kits, watever, think about it AFTER u take the car. When u have the car, dont worry about parts, coz i know where and who to get them from ;)

Last edited:

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
haha, sure not prob BLaCkHoWLiNG...i'll come look for u if i need parts or advice...

but anyways, thanks alot for your help guys...appreciate it!! :top:

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
oh yeah will also look fr u once i sell my car n have the cash...maybe u know some good ones for sale! haha

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
500bhp on auto is just a crack of bull
Actually, the correct saying is "a crock of bull" ;)

Just a question, not specifically have to do with your car's engine, but since you're in a talkative mood, I thought I ask.....how do you keep the showroom quality look on your Supra's bodykit ? Any particular product you use or favour ?

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
yala...wash n polish everyday...lol

or send for tat paint treatment la...they coat it with Teflon or somethin..

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
yala...wash n polish everyday...lol

or send for tat paint treatment la...they coat it with Teflon or somethin..

joshuabajithomas

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
hi ZTHians.. im contemplating on buying a supra 3.0 (A) NA for daily usage and there is one for sale .96/ 98 and mileage is about 190k km. 2 owners. car has not been modded at all. the reason why i want the auto and the NA is cos i plan on using it as a daily car and it should be mpre practical then the 6 speed manual twin turbos. plus, im also hoping that the NA engine would be more reliable and also more cheaper to maintain then the twin turbo's. what id like to know is, what kind of maintenance problems and fuel consumption am i facing? is it cheaper and more reliable for a NA auto car? is it really true that the 2 JZ engine are reliable and almost bullet proof despite the 190k km clocked? would i need an overhaul soon? what do i need to look out for when i inspect the car before i decide on purchasing the car? Any input in this would be greatly and thoroughly appreciated!!:):)

P:S: i love the toyota supra... its been my dream car since the good old gran turismo one on the playstation. if all goes well, owning this car would be a dream come true.

thanks in advance!:biggrin:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Actually, the correct saying is "a crock of bull" ;)

Just a question, not specifically have to do with your car's engine, but since you're in a talkative mood, I thought I ask.....how do you keep the showroom quality look on your Supra's bodykit ? Any particular product you use or favour ?
fvel: wax once every 2 months... hehehe...

BLaCkHoWLiNG

Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
hi ZTHians.. im contemplating on buying a supra 3.0 (A) NA for daily usage and there is one for sale .96/ 98 and mileage is about 190k km. 2 owners. car has not been modded at all. the reason why i want the auto and the NA is cos i plan on using it as a daily car and it should be mpre practical then the 6 speed manual twin turbos. plus, im also hoping that the NA engine would be more reliable and also more cheaper to maintain then the twin turbo's. what id like to know is, what kind of maintenance problems and fuel consumption am i facing? is it cheaper and more reliable for a NA auto car? is it really true that the 2 JZ engine are reliable and almost bullet proof despite the 190k km clocked? would i need an overhaul soon? what do i need to look out for when i inspect the car before i decide on purchasing the car? Any input in this would be greatly and thoroughly appreciated!!:):)

P:S: i love the toyota supra... its been my dream car since the good old gran turismo one on the playstation. if all goes well, owning this car would be a dream come true.

thanks in advance!:biggrin:
Dude, I started out having Supra as my dream car too. So basically getting is like living out my dreams but for cheap maintenance, it's definitely we can continue dreaming. As for the answer to 2JZNA, I think it's basically cheaper to maintain than 2JZGTE turbo as u got alot less components to worry about. Petrol consumption wise, i can't say much though but perhaps a good piggyback + great tuning u can save up quite a lot.

Overhauling is inevitable as with all cars but it depends on the condition of the engine. If u're lucky, u can get one in tip top condition if not, well, overhauling is d way to go. I dont think it'll cost much but the easier way out is a transplant. 2JZGE is abundance. 190k km clocked can be still in tip top condition if the previous owners drove it gently with proper maintenance. All these depends on your luck i guess.

As for 'how to choose', well it's quite subjective.

If u want more info on this, u can pm me. Or if u got the car and has trouble finding the right places for maintaining it. PM me...

Good luck mate!

Jammer25

Nov 15, 2008
hey!! im aso planning to get a toyota supra:itsme:...................Well i might be getting d turbo version...as a 2nd car though..hahah...Good luck in ur buy...:burnout:

Koffee-Black

Jan 10, 2008
Hi Guys,

I have had 3 JZA80 Supras, 1 NA & 2 TT. My current one is a Black TT. I love it to bits.

All I have done is 3" exhaust, Trust cooler, and Power FC and it makes 280rwkw! Its reliable and for what it is, great on fuel. Its a 70l tank, and get about 500-550km, better than a friends EVO8.

I love Supras, and now I have my dream car, i wont have any other. Even for a big car, handling is great, but of course, not as chuckable as an AW11 or SW20 i had before.

here is a pic of mine:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Who daily drives with a racing shell? I'm considering doing it since my boat floats all over the place. I've had SR-3 before. It was great. But I've sold it to a friend and I want to upgrade. SR7 prices are ridiculous, Evo X Recaro's are madness.

Thoughts?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience