Maintenance of Supra

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
oh yeah one more question...

how easy is it to convert from auto to manual...2jz manual

say if u can spend the money...after tat will give problems n all ar?

thanks

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
kk13, auto to manual conversion is pretty much straightforward. only thing is to tweak the wirings to cheat the ecu so that the ecu thinks the car is in P/N to let the engine fire up, and in D when the car moves (in P & N, got 5000rpm revcut - yes in my JZS147 halfcut, in JZA80 not so sure)

google around to find out more. JZS147.com.au is quite an informative forum

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
so it'll cost me abt 10k?...

ok...but will it be as good as a ori manual?...no problems at all?...it'll be exactly the same?...any way of telling once u convert?

if got a good work shop, not much should go wrong right...

thanks khoyos

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
10k is the minimum bro. plus u wont be using stock clutch rite? of course aftermarket clutch.

there is a thread somewhere in supraforums giving complete details of the auto to manual swap, do a bit more of research and u will find out everything u need.

regarding the problems, i'll let u know once my car is ready cos my car will be running auto electronics n wirings with manual tranny.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i wonder where is the most famous, GILA POSTING supra owner around here. i'm not a supra owner and i'm the one answering the questions. come on in la bro! hehehe:burnout:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Answers to your Questions:

-----------
1. How much is servicing?

Very subjective. If you use Motul, the overall bill will tip RM400-500 (just oil and oil filter + labour). If u use shell semi synthetic and play it safe (without revvving and all, like having a 14 inch dick but use a 4 inch condom), it'll be 200+.

Like i said, it's quite subjective, sometimes u just change engine oil but when u do change gear oils, it'll be costlier, especially if u r using the 6 speed getrag gearbox. Be prepared to burn holes in yr pocket.

Differential Oil, well, u can either use the cheap Penzoil or watever LSD lube. If u're running full lock or 1.5 Way LSD and running 500bhp and above... different story.

Radiator coolant = quite standard.

Brakes = aaahhhhh... front discs RM1.8k, rear discs RM 1.8 per set... endless 2 pcs. Stock monoblock discs are RM1k per set.

Other than that... err... i think dat's just about what i can think of right now..

----------------

2. If i overhaul the engine how much?

Contrary to what people believe, the 2JZGTE is not as bullet proof as it will be if it's been an abused motor from the start. I played it safe and re-built a spare engine. A set of clevite race bearings, lightening and full balancing of the engine will set u back at about RM 3-4k or so. That is, provided your engine is in a good condition. I was lucky that the spare engine came in pristine condition and the piston rings were untouched...

Metal gasket pricing again, is quite subjective. I've used HKS, (RM 1.8k), GReddy (RM 1.4k) and the best bang for buck, Cometic head gaskets = slightly over grand.

Cams = RM 5k, if you're going for 272' high lift HKS cams.

Cam Gears = RM 1 to 2k or so. but dont ever get HKS cam gears, it'll eat into yr fuckin timing belt.

Power Belt timing belt = 800 or so

Aluminium Radiators = FRC: RM 4k and Fluidyne will cost u about 3.8k

Aircond compressor about rm 900 (even if it's refurbished)

----------------

3. If i change from auto to manual how much?

Dont fuckin bother. Dont take short cuts i.e buy auto then convert manual. The price and time consumption is just not worth it. Gearbox alone will cost u RM 8k. Clutch set, if u take HKS or Ogura It'll be RM 5k. Best bang for buck i'd say is the ACT clutch. Putting that aside, u need the pedals, the clutch pumps, flywheel and etc. shit loads of parts to source hence shit loads of headache.

Long shaft, rear diff, etc. all gotta change. EVEN THE REAR DRIVE SHAFT too!

-----------------

4. Reliability?

If you do it right, mechanically, electronics and tuning. U can rape her continously without blowing it. Infact, it'll enjoy being raped endlessly and u'll enjoy it to.

----------------

and anything else that you think i should know...

5. Road tax's a bitch.

6. It's getting old

7. U need to spend a fair bit fixing here and there to get it in pristine condition esp. if u buy it from dodgy 2nd hand shops.

8. Did i tell u road tax's a bitch? oh yeah.. i did..

9. Alot of people claim they can do 2JZGTE JZA80 but they are just bull and craps. I only go 1 place for MAJOR WORKS, that is: GT AUTO SUNWAY. The rest are just for part sourcing and price comparison.

10. Some people claim petrol consumption's a bitch. Well i tell them that's because some of them "did not do it right".. I'm running more than 600ps and i'm getting 400km for full tank on city driving and 470km for outstation drives.

12. Did i tell u 2jZGTE loves nitrous? oo.. they love it..

13. Not many shops carry JZA80 or 2JZGTE parts. Infact, u can count it with 1 hand if u go sunway.

14. Don't worry. I know where to source it.. bwahahahaha

:)

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
oh ya.. back to yr question no.3. there are cheaper alternatives. If u are not looking over 400ps or so. U can opt for the R154 or the W58 gearbox which is a hell lot cheaper to buy, maintain and install.

R154 comes from the 1JZGTE engine that shares similar bell housing and the W58 comes from the 2JZGE NA engine. Both has the same tolerance but it's widely believed that the R154 has stronger / higher limits to torture. I personally prefer the W58 as the gear shifting is slicker, shorter and more precise.

Reminder: Dont ever try to save a buck or two by using cheap ass gear oils.

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
had one mk4 supra at home
but sold :(

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Supra, Skyline bla bla all maintenance is same only

unless you cipet gatal go to convert this that add this that. sure the maintenance cost go up

BH..
your supra full tank 400km city drive but how many liter of fuel
in term of Liter/km berapa ?
since people say 400km for full tank is ok
when check the Liter per km.. sure :bawling::bawling::bawling:
:biggrin::biggrin:

i have one cipet friend told me that his E6 fuel consumption is high
Full tank 370km only
i told him OK what
he mention his myvi FC lagi better :stupid::stupid::stupid:

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Thanks BLaCkHoWLiNG

very useful stuff...:adore:

so its better to get a manual from the start la...cause there was a nicely done supra, but auto...tot can convert...plus auto cheaper...but if gona cost tat much then better just go with manual straight...

btw, how many bhp can an auto hold? , cause this guy claiming he got 500+ bhp

12. Did i tell u 2jZGTE loves nitrous? oo.. they love it..

so u got nitrous in your car?...ever use it? lol

yeah..n i saw tat supra for sale...but way over my budget la...plus waitin to get rid of one car before buying...

also, GT auto is near which shops in sunway ar?...dun think i've seen it before...

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
oh one more thing bro...

if u wana upgrade to a better turbo kit...say pushing out 600bhp...

which kits are good...how much would it cost?...total?

plus, how long would it take?...

Thanks bro :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I heard now got alarm system where you can monitor your car using your mobilephone.

I also heard that in the event of your car getting stolen, you can call up your car, yes.. I am not joking, you can call your car and you can speak to the car thieves via the car alarm system's built-in speakers and warn the thieves to leave your car alone or you will call the cops.

Some examples:
http://www.i-mob.co.uk
http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarms/autowatch/autocate.htm
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience