about 20v svt iddle.....any sifu can help??

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
im using 20vsvt....d problem is my iddle donno why start car at 1500-1800rpm ? izzit high?juz ori at all....then i try to reset ecu by juz take off the negative on battery...then d iddle back on normal...below 1000rpm...but after a few day then problem come back??wat d problem har!!!:hmmmm:

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Most probably got 2 reasons, vacumm leak, or dirty ISCV, look here on how to DIY cleaning your ISCV.

But I think in your case, most probably is vacumm leak.

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
agree with GRexer, sound a lot like vacuum leak to me. had a torn inlet hose once, idling never stays above 400. dirty ISCV would probly keep your engine up at 1.5K but won't go back to normal even if you reset your ecu

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
i thought vacuum leak...idle will stay low...

alex_khoo - does the high idling happened once a while or once happened it just stay like that, until you reset the ECU...

P/S : no need to took of your batt terminal, just pull out the fuse in the main engine bay fuse box called "EFI"...that should reset your ECU, with reset your electronic component in your car...ie : radio, clock, etc etc...

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006

alex_khoo - does the high idling happened once a while or once happened it just stay like that, until you reset the ECU...

P/S : no need to took of your batt terminal, just pull out the fuse in the main engine bay fuse box called "EFI"...that should reset your ECU, with reset your electronic component in your car...ie : radio, clock, etc etc...
it hapen many time edi...but once i reset d ecu !the iddle back o normal juz 4 a few day or a week likk tat?..b4 i thought my throttle body dirty! so i go n clean it with throttle body cleaner..if vacuum leak how to know n check?i got install vacuum meter? can it be check?:confused:

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
For my case, vacumm leak have some kind of effect of increasing idling, but not constantly, it's like when the throttle was suddenly close, the rpm will shoot up to like 1.5k-2k rpm for 5 seconds then back to normal, later only find out it's vacumm leak after i re-routed some stuff, was installing oil catch can and didn't know the catch can inlet was leaking, put the ear there can hear air going thru type of sound somemore :banghead:

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006

which 1 is EFI fuse?? coz my fuse box cover word cant see anymore!!!:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings,

Just need to confirm with you guys, is it possible that Satria 1.6 using the small spare tyre (like Honda) rather than the normal spare tyre?
Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience