Max Boost for stock BOV (Evo3)

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
I've recently done up complete intake piping, increased boost to 1.3bar and tuned on E-Manage for AFR/Ign.

Car was running fine for a few hours until i decided to floor it going up the hill. Since I live on a hill, I didn't notice anything until going out again. On the next drive, I noticed the following:-

- Induction sound during boost is noticably louder (louder hiss)
- Not much acceleration during boost, but boost meter reads 1.28bar max
- Massive misfire/jerk upon liftoff

No problems during low boost (<0.5bar) or non-boosting.

Could this be due to the BOV? I'm using a stock one. Any recommendations? Should I VTA or recirc? Still on stock MAF. Fuelling seems ok and steady @12.0 during the dyno tune.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
other than that when u boost up hill on 3rd, notice your boost meter reading as u pull up... if it is losing boost then u got a bov leakage

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Thanks guys! I'm looking at the Type-S too. I believe it comes with an optional kit to make it recirc.

But the root of the problem turned out to be a clamp which went loose. Replaced it with a stronger one and now the car is happily boosting again. I'm still looking at a replacement BIV though, saving cash for the day the stock one falls apart.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Between HWL adjustable suspension and GREEDY adjustable suspension,which one is the best??:nurse:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience