HyperTune Drift Race @ Proton Track Carnival 5 Dec

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
:blink: :blink: :o :o :o

woooo... i'm like 10 years behind u guys...!!! more speed... more angle!! pergh...

congrats to all... i heard it was a very successful event!

damn sedey can't be there.. now will miss this week's AMF event too!!! argh!!!

:( :angry:

anyway, what's the result? heard that Mr.Nismo got 2nd... to whom? tiresmokes?

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
ohh mr nismo is the one driving the s13 ka ?!?!? damn keng keng ... yeah djan got first ...but it was a really really close battle ... damn intense one

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
ya lor

that black S13... opss.. RWD integra with stickers and drift.com.my at the side....

i hate working outstation!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
Djan is no doubt the best around in Malaysia. It good that he goes into competition to ensure the standard of drifers live up to a particular drift standard. :)

Even t.Djan won. to me MrNismo did the best by fighting all the way up to 2nd place. Really Good shit :)

And seeing Roland go side ways with a standard BMW-3 is some fantastic view.
Too bad i wasn't in a good form/lack of balls of titanium & skill to challenge the big boys :) will do better next time

Anyway, everyone that joined had support the turning point of the drift scene in Malaysia. Good stuff by you guys. More great drifters will emerge and drifting at D1 standard in Malaysia is getting closer.

Cheers to all the spectators that came all the way. If it wasn't for you guys. The event wont even run at all. !:)

turtlewax,
Nice pictures you have there. :)

2jzgte

Jul 22, 2004
Zee, no doubt t.djan is the best - i assume, but i think mr nismo, ah fai, ariff and even fadil alang did well too, frankly, maybe drift is something new to me, if you don't mind, i would like you to share some of your view on the below comment-

if it is a drift showoff, then each drifter come out 1 by 1 and perform, then speed, angle & consistency is the main criteria for points.

but when it is a 2 car battle, i assume (from what i see the D1GP vcds) points are earned when u pressure your opponent and also how well you handle pressure when your opponent pressures you, how near you can force your opponent without bumping each other, etc etc....

am i right???

if yes, then my personal opinion is that t.djan is not a true winner of yesterday's event. no doubt his drifting is graceful & swift, but if you guys notice in the 2 car battle, if he is in front, he makes sure the opponent couldn't catch up with his speed -- this is fair. BUT when he is at the back, he purposely let the car in front go for quite a long distance so that he can "dance" at the back without risking himself to go anywhere near the opponent, that wouldn't earn him points right?? pls correct me if i am wrong....

because i feel that if it is 2 car battle, in terms of competitiveness and combatility, the rest of the guys really did better than him.... just my personal opinion.....

pls comment.... :)

and oh ya, i know its not u in the car......heheheee..... so you're still the drift champ...... inheritted from last event... :)

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Originally posted by 2jzgte@Dec 6 2004, 17:32
if yes, then my personal opinion is that t.djan is not a true winner of yesterday's event. no doubt his drifting is graceful & swift, but if you guys notice in the 2 car battle, if he is in front, he makes sure the opponent couldn't catch up with his speed -- this is fair. BUT when he is at the back, he purposely let the car in front go for quite a long distance so that he can "dance" at the back without risking himself to go anywhere near the opponent, that wouldn't earn him points right?? pls correct me if i am wrong....
Hi 2jzgte,

I can assure you, what you see is not what you think. :D

But I'll better let Zee or Djan himself explain about this one.

No doubt Djan is the true winner yesterday. Hands down.

B)

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
You probably miss me lossing out to Alang. I'm in the white 180sx thay go around grass and all lolol :) No champ la me. last time every1 still new to drifting mar, now all moving up another level :) which is good.

When it comes to judging drifting. it becomes very subjective. Which ever out perform, presurize each other and so on. Djan's tecnique on some was to start late but stick close to them afterwards.. well On the TE71 round. i gave a tip to him to run as fast as he can, Some spectators tought the marshell flag Djan off late. That was the only round i think Djan was far away from any competitor. Afterthat the was sticking as close as he can.

Djan & Faidil's was a close match up and hard to decide. Djan was drifting nicely. Faidil sticking up close all the way.. some side ways some not.. but doing well. I personally tought Djan would have lost. lolol

ANyway good too see drifting is picking up :) We will be seeing more cool stuff by the drifters next year onwards :)

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Yupe on the dogfight round the marshall just flag off the front car. It's up to the back car when he wanted to start accelerating and how close he wanted to follow the front car.

TireSmoke

Feb 4, 2004
well, my run with the TE71 was misjudged on my side. cause i was observing him through out the day and he enters turn 6 in 3rd. too slow for me, so what i did was i tried to time myself off the line so that i could catch up with him in turn 6. the reason to do so is that my car in under powered and need the speed & momentum to drift in turn 6 and if i stick to close to him from the start, i would not have made it in turn 6. because it's underpowered, i have to sprint from the start line and flick the car in 4th gear and full throttle. but little did i know, Zee told him to sprint! and i was left behind. i got the hang of it after and managed to hold close. when i was running with Faidzil, both of us went full throttle from the start, and he left me miles away! i was cursing! the Lotus just too quick for my trueno :)

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
sorry, i am not a drifter here but already in drifting addicted now..

i am happy with T.Djan and also Mr.Nismo in rank no. 1 and 2 respectively, but i never like the Lotus to be no. 3 because he is not drifting when he catching up the ah Fai's Cefiro, and in the tight u-turn, he is just simply make a normal u-turn (which i believed everyone of us can do it easily) and i can see ah-fai boosting up max to catch up with that Lotus .... if i am the judge, i will sure let ah Fai to be no. 3 <_<

and also i wonder how the cefiro with R32 front and back enters the top 16... <_< just because of driving around with some tire sound? he understeer a lot...

deejay

Feb 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by 4agze@Dec 6 2004, 19:40
and also i wonder how the cefiro with R32 front and back enters the top 16... <_< just because of driving around with some tire sound? he understeer a lot...
:( well, sorry lor if my performance is really tat bad at the point of your view and true, I feel I'm very lucky to enter top 16 as skills are sucks...... I do admit I'm always understeering at the small u-turn but the only thing I can blame is I can't manage to locate for a nice right front tyre between saturday night and sunday monrning...... coz my nice right front tire encounter some problem on saturday night after the practise session so no time & place to go search for a nice tyre lor ...... so on sunday itself, I'm using a threadless / (10%) tyre and everytime i take the small u-turn to the left, it understeer gao gao looo....... tat's y I'm very dissapointed & i've already tried my best to avoid it but :( anyway I'll promise to do better next time.......thanks for your comment 4agze.

p/s: btw, my front bumper is called B-wave and back is Autech all from Japan's Cefiro designs and not R32 ....... hehe ........

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
DJ, no hard feelings. At least you try to do your best to support this event.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bought 3" super heavy duty industrial PU hose from Huakenny (Bought some times ago, but no time to do the CAI, until today). It's so durable and tough, and it cannot bend more than 80degree, so I have to come out with a DIY, thus this morning, did all the process below.

And the result was Superb Engine Response !

The Finished Product

Stuffs - 3" PVC Elbow, 3" PVC Pipe, Drill...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience