Just got my jazz but...

phalanxx

Sep 30, 2006
Hi everyone,

just got my new car, but the basic cobra alarm i dont think will prevent people breaking the glass and stealing the "invitingly" un-detachable big cdplayer (2-din).

So, not only cdplayer, i wan increase security as well la. My friend said, like that .. people sure break la, coz he is going to break and take . :shocked:

Ok,

After doing some research (forums to forums, sites to sites), options :

1) Change entirely new alarm : viper or clifford range (preferably 2-way : Budget 2k) - Any dealers can give me the price here or contacts?

2) Addons cobra or Just add a motion sensor and plus a break-lock.

A guy told me if add on a shock sensor, it will not work well.. maybe not "compatible" with the cobra gua.

So any ideas contacts sifus... thanks!

phalanxx

Sep 30, 2006
i read around, still have this kind of people saying

1) no matter how, ppl still tow away
2) no matter how good, if theft aim, sure get u

man, cmon,

no matter who u r, i know your mother is female la.

just want to icrease the security, better than none right (everytime ppl said that, will reply this... ) doh

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
First of all, u have bought a 'hot' car which attracts car thieves due to its high parts resale value. So, even u splash the best alarm system on the planet, thieves will steal it.

Even my friend's dad had his Toyota Wish stolen despite loaded with the best car tracking alarm system which cost RM 3k+. Till today, car is still missing. So much for spending the money for nothing.

Remember, thieves are thieves. Once they aim for something, they will take it no matter what the cost. Some even tried until they die a painful death.

Honestly, I will avoid cars with high resale value.

High resale value = expensive parts + labour
Expensive parts + labour = easy target for car thieves

phalanxx

Sep 30, 2006
acbc : yes, i understood that. but again, and again, better than no alarm right?

the problem is .. message with those no matter what..

If "no matter what" works, what for we need a security ? and what for we post message here...

since no matter what they can steal it "if" they targetted you, yes, of course ..

you cant run away.. but does that mean we should use back basic alarm?. who needs 5k clifford btw? (im not sure how much clifford is)

and later after fitted a super clifford, people will reply.. no matter how hitech your clifford, people still can tow your car.. and after you fit a super anti-tow alarm that shoots laser, they will reply, no matter what, people still can plant a bomb.. and then u fit..

okay.. get me? the message just doesnt helps in any way.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
hahahaha easiest way la......cheapest or i can say is FREE......everynight just put your dog sleeping in your JAZZ......so when people c also afraid to do anything right?

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
tell u wat....if u fixed a good 2way alarm they gonna break your glass . and if u have a lumar tinting also they will break your door lock n get in to your car. so my opinion is get a good 2 way alarm then put lumar tinting n get rid of your door lock.just use the alarm to lock n open the door. this idea seems ridiculous but works for my old car

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
Just buy a mid range alarm and get the incabin siren. Once active, it emits a VERY UNBEARABLE note that can deafen anyone who hears it long enuff. I think that's the very least you can do. Other than that, yeah no point wasting money on good alarm. You keep saying the message doesn't help but that's the reality. If you still want it, go on and get 2k alarm and you'll realise how useless it is.

phalanxx

Sep 30, 2006
Appreciate your advices.

Dont misunderstood, what i meant above is.. "no matter what" is a non constructive words. Its not i want an expensive = good 1.but, i just want to point out .. coz alot posts i saw also got ppl reply like that 1. *shakes head*

(its like u seek for advice, then ppl tell u : AIHHHH NO USE LAAA.. NO USE 1 LAAAA..SURE DIE 1 LAAAA.. <-- dont u just fedup with these kind of ppl.. )

gohkokeng : not dog la, i thought of put a smoke bomb inside which will activated ... the thief sure run away 1.. definately when your engine smokes like crazy.

evo4g63

500 RPM
May 29, 2004
PJ
www.zerotohundred.com
hi phalanxx u r really looking into good advice as i see ur post in autoworld.com.my too...

anyway i hv answered ur PM i will recommend u to call them to know more bout the system cos is too long for me to show u the features of the system. plus i m not in a good possition to answer u due to i m not attach to them. i just recommend u cos i m happy with the system n hope it will b the system tat u looking for.. cheers

tictac

Aug 18, 2006
get lumar tint film... smash also cannot break. Then get a 2 way or gsm tracking alarm with backup batt silencer... enough? What somemore u need ? hehe

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
yeah......armour up your car.......they will just TOW your car away la.....

they TOW terang terang also....people think that this car not paid not several months Bank towing or this car can't be started

handbrake just lock the rear wheels right? they TOW front wheels

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone change their fuel filter? how long should i change the the fuel filter? I'm driving a 1991 Toyota AE92.. i think the fuel filter is more than 10 years old already.. should i change it? normally how much it cost for changing fuel filter? btw my car is running on 4age engine.. thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience