car modification on petrol saving

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Wira 1.3 GL... very simple maaa..... 1st do top overhaul + tuning back camshaft, 2nd check your aircond compressor.. if noise sound came out.. change it to better 1, 3rd change clucth speed to 1.6 (8') + Toyota liteace clucth cover, Fuel regulator change to 1.5 (recomended by Proton Engineer).. cost around below RM1K only... FC for my car.. after do all this thing... Go/back work + round Kl... average my car can go 580km-600km... sometime can go 650km.. pick-up alot frend did not believe it is 1.3 engine.

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
nitrus said:
wattt... there's actually a difference in using Shell / petronas / esso ..?? :shocked:

i also same like skywalker leh, using shell unleaded only all the way....
haha... nolor.... i feel shell performance is dropping... i've recently experimenting on caltex, esso and petronas...

overall... caltex has better acceleration but drink quite alot in highway...
esso and BP is a big no no as i heard they add in additives that make ur car harder to start in the morning... i personally felt that....

so, if u alwiz drive high speed with not much stop and go, use SHELL... caltex i think good for city drive where alwiz stop and go....

all the above not accurate la... u try it for urself see which suits best for ur car lor....

masprops78

Jul 20, 2005
Seremban
U can change yr piston to 1.5L wira, This tested by me long time ago. Just look for the second hand enough...

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
oldskolboyz said:
Wira 1.3 GL... very simple maaa..... 1st do top overhaul + tuning back camshaft, 2nd check your aircond compressor.. if noise sound came out.. change it to better 1, 3rd change clucth speed to 1.6 (8') + Toyota liteace clucth cover, Fuel regulator change to 1.5 (recomended by Proton Engineer).. cost around below RM1K only... FC for my car.. after do all this thing... Go/back work + round Kl... average my car can go 580km-600km... sometime can go 650km.. pick-up alot frend did not believe it is 1.3 engine.
WOW !! .. UR FC is almost double of mine man ... my toyota 4AFE can only go abt 360km for 40litre

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
rollakid said:
you got emanage ler.. sure tune to drink more petrol for power one XD
erm ... not really la bro ... my mech actually reduce fuel for low rpm but increases fuel for high rev le ... mayb juz got my car after tune n rev kao kao kua ... can really count for few more weeks la .... kekeke ...

Jun 5, 2006
www.gurusofdrama.com
Better fuel consumption ... Well most new cars these days give about 350 - 400km per tank ful. I guess a standard 1.3 Wira manual could do about 350 km per tank ful. It's not fun to drive but gets you around. Guess what you're looking for is making your wira into a nice car to drive around in.

Okay, i'd recommend you to change the engine to a 1.5, keep the manual gearbox and get the clutch plates replaced.
Get the exhaust system done and make sure you get an extractor in there. Straight flow resonator at the back with a small mid can ought to give you some decent power and noise.

Fit in a K&N filter. these carbie versions are'nt expensive.

Wheels - standard are 175 x 70 x 13 so you should just go up 1 notch, 185 x 60 x 14 to maintain best braking power, exceleration and fuel consumption. Well if you want more metal, you can do 15" but no more and go ez on the rubber. Mind you even this would effect it's performance.

Make sure your air cond compressor is good and running well.

If you have some spare cash, get the body work touched up for dents and get your self a new paint job to complement your Wheels...:regular_smile:

If you're replacing the steering wheel, make sure it's a reputable make and won't break under preassure. Please don't get those wooden or plastic ones from Brothers...They're dangerous!

Well, Happy motoring!!!:shades_smile:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
regarding aircond condensor....

i noticed some proton cars has electronic condensor fan while some other uses engine power to power the fan... for 4g13 engine, as the fan turns, it reduces our engine power quite alot...

so i was wondering, can i switch to electronic powered condensor fan??... will it be less cold compare to engine powered fan??....

Jun 5, 2006
www.gurusofdrama.com
Do you mean that the fan is run by a belt connected to the pulley? Mmmm:confused_smile: That's Strange. What model of proton is this? They should only have electric fans as most FWD configured vehicles. There is a lack of space and the engine sits sideways in the engine bay unlike RWD models.
To answer your question, as long as you have the correct diameter fan installed to suck out or blow out the hot air running through the condesor, no problem!

Clutch fans should not effect your engine power. How it works? The pulley is constantly turning, The fan is built with a heat activated clutch mechanism. The clutch inside the fan expands when hot causing it to tighten up and spin. It releases and stops spinning when the clutch inside the fan cools down. This action should not effect your engine power. These fans are usually used in RWD configured cars to cool the radiator, not the Air cond condensor. The Air cond condensor usually useses and additional electric powered fan. The lack you feel should be coming from your air cond compressor. Is it OEM or you've replaced it with something similar? It may need to be replaced again or serviced.

Another thing with modifiying the fans, make sure you have no gaps inbetween the fan and the condensor otherwise, the airfolw will be disrupted causing the condensor to overheat resulting in impropper cooling inside the cabin. Also, these causes the main pipes running to the condesor to overheat and leak....

My advice, if it ain't broken, don't fix it!:angel_smile:

Last edited:

ksy@fj20det

Jul 10, 2005
mALAYSIA
ONE BASIC RULEZ, and most of the PRO tuner alwayz keep in thier mind.

No matter what engine you use, what tech of the engine, this rulez override when you want a POWER

MORE AIR + MORE GAS@FUEL = MORE POWER.

Thats It, lolz,

haha, good luck on your finding.... no offence and cheers

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
ksy@fj20det said:
ONE BASIC RULEZ, and most of the PRO tuner alwayz keep in thier mind.

No matter what engine you use, what tech of the engine, this rulez override when you want a POWER

MORE AIR + MORE GAS@FUEL = MORE POWER.

Thats It, lolz,

haha, good luck on your finding.... no offence and cheers
yeah....the basic concept of all...

Nov 22, 2005
HELLO guy...i owned wira 1.3injection 2001.....i felt very sluggish during overtake and uphill...especially when i drove to klantan with my family.....what i did is transplant with 4g15 stock engine....which i bought from kedai potong with rm 1300...workmenship 450, new timing belt, cluth plate, new mounting...(i bough myselt at kedai spare part...and gave to pomen to install or replace.....total cost all about 2000 only.....now i felt more confort in driving....no risk on stock engine transpalnt...because all part are same with 4g13 except engine block.....my new engine is very smooth and silent like new.........

ksy@fj20det

Jul 10, 2005
mALAYSIA
nizar_din said:
HELLO guy...i owned wira 1.3injection 2001.....i felt very sluggish during overtake and uphill...especially when i drove to klantan with my family.....what i did is transplant with 4g15 stock engine....which i bought from kedai potong with rm 1300...workmenship 450, new timing belt, cluth plate, new mounting...(i bough myselt at kedai spare part...and gave to pomen to install or replace.....total cost all about 2000 only.....now i felt more confort in driving....no risk on stock engine transpalnt...because all part are same with 4g13 except engine block.....my new engine is very smooth and silent like new.........
It is a very good outcome for you nizar. well enjoy your new 4g15. and how bout the FC of new setting 4g15. since you are posting to FC segment. so mind to tell us??

one stupid quest?? lolz (dedicate to Mr. ******)
if we changing to a lightweight flywheel. is it put some effect on our F/C?? :retarded: :retarded: :_: (since theres somebody want to ask but shame to spit out in here, so i'm retardin myself to put it here).... :cry_smile:

dunt either blame or flame me. :embaressed_smile:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
supermini said:
Do you mean that the fan is run by a belt connected to the pulley? Mmmm:confused_smile: That's Strange. What model of proton is this? They should only have electric fans as most FWD configured vehicles. There is a lack of space and the engine sits sideways in the engine bay unlike RWD models.
To answer your question, as long as you have the correct diameter fan installed to suck out or blow out the hot air running through the condesor, no problem!

Clutch fans should not effect your engine power. How it works? The pulley is constantly turning, The fan is built with a heat activated clutch mechanism. The clutch inside the fan expands when hot causing it to tighten up and spin. It releases and stops spinning when the clutch inside the fan cools down. This action should not effect your engine power. These fans are usually used in RWD configured cars to cool the radiator, not the Air cond condensor. The Air cond condensor usually useses and additional electric powered fan. The lack you feel should be coming from your air cond compressor. Is it OEM or you've replaced it with something similar? It may need to be replaced again or serviced.

Another thing with modifiying the fans, make sure you have no gaps inbetween the fan and the condensor otherwise, the airfolw will be disrupted causing the condensor to overheat resulting in impropper cooling inside the cabin. Also, these causes the main pipes running to the condesor to overheat and leak....

My advice, if it ain't broken, don't fix it!:angel_smile:
thanks for the advice...
yes, my car (4g13p iswara) has a belt connected from the pulley to the condensor fan to power the a/c fan... but my radiator fan is already powered by electric fan... the other day i went to a workshop, i saw an old saga 4g15 has electric fan to power the condensor fan... means no belts connecting to the condensor fan... which means can fully utilise the engine performance even with air-cond switched on...

well, i take ur last advice.... if aint broken, dont fix it... wait till i transplant more powerful engine then problem solved lor... now be patient with my underpower 4g13 first....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

THIS CAR HAS BEEN FOUND BY A ZTH MEMBER! SHALL NOT VOICE OUT HIS NICK, JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE!! MERRY XMAS EVRYBODY :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience