rpm tuning

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Hey guys, need all to advise.

first of all, I'm using a wira and I want to increase my RPM higher coz I feel the car a bit shaky when car idling with aircond switch on.

I know there is a screw/dial to tune RPM. Need to know whether to screw it clockwise or anticlockwise. Or any comments/procedures accepted.

Thanks.:_:

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Easy. You turn the screw one way and see if the rpm rises. If not, turn it the other way.

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
but the problem is turn left or right by how many degrees...any procedures/steps to follow...coz i wouldn't wan to spoil my car engine...

any advise sifus?:_:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
just make a marking at the screw or just remember how many turns made. If something goes wrong, just return the screw to ori position lor.........BTW, adjusting the idle speed/rpm would not spoil the engine......have a little faith with proton engine...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
So yours is carbie, not injection. But let me ask you a question, from your last rpm tunning till now, how long already? Before you have this problem, what is the rpm like and now what is the rpm? Maybe is the air filter blocked or the engine mounting is time to change. By adjusting rpm to solve the vibration problem is not a good solution as increase rpm, waste more petrol and covering the actual problem. But you can hope for the best, the screw losen, but this very seldom happens.

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
kyheng said:
So yours is carbie, not injection. But let me ask you a question, from your last rpm tunning till now, how long already? Before you have this problem, what is the rpm like and now what is the rpm? Maybe is the air filter blocked or the engine mounting is time to change. By adjusting rpm to solve the vibration problem is not a good solution as increase rpm, waste more petrol and covering the actual problem. But you can hope for the best, the screw losen, but this very seldom happens.

mine is year 2001, I guess should be fuel injection(multipoint) , i remember correctly....

I went to proton they say my ISC servo is gone case, replacement cost is RM1100. so I dun wan replace it. No damage if i dun replace. that's y i just need to increase the rpm for idling.

anyone wif this experience of tuning rpm is welcome to help me. thanx.:_:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
johndoe said:
Hey guys, need all to advise.

first of all, I'm using a wira and I want to increase my RPM higher coz I feel the car a bit shaky when car idling with aircond switch on.

I know there is a screw/dial to tune RPM. Need to know whether to screw it clockwise or anticlockwise. Or any comments/procedures accepted.

Thanks.:_:
turn left/ folow anticlock

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
efi engines also can use screw and tune rpm ka??.... i didnt know that...

johndoe, ur car engine is efi or carburettor??....
should not be carbie coz mine is wira 2001....should be fuel injection,multipoint fuel injection not electronic fuel injection....i think got difference...

any sifus out there can confirm this?:_:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
johndoe said:
should not be carbie coz mine is wira 2001....should be fuel injection,multipoint fuel injection not electronic fuel injection....i think got difference...

any sifus out there can confirm this?:_:
erm... if ur engine air filter box is on top, means ur car is carbie engine...
if ur airbox is on the left, means efi....

multipoint or electronic injection, i not sure lar....

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
erm... if ur engine air filter box is on top, means ur car is carbie engine...
if ur airbox is on the left, means efi....

multipoint or electronic injection, i not sure lar....
i've checked wif EON website(http://www.eon.com.my/article.cfm?id=100)

it's MPI, multipoint injection....not sure it's carbie....

hopefully got someone can clarify

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey there,

Thinking of upgrading my cams to matspeed, but don't know which degree to use.

Matspeed regrind camshaft 272/280/282/288 degree ?

My current engine setup

Currently using hotbits 4-2-1, 2 inch pipe with bullet and s-flow.

Will change my s-flow to hotbits back box.

iridium spark plugs

drop-in wire mesh intake

safc neo

Thanks in advance.:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience