Grass Racing Autoclub

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
ok.. case closed ;) I have the utmost respect and support for anyone and everyone who is a supporter of grass roots motorsports.. Well done to all, the individuals, organisers, sponsors, and not forgetting, the competitors themselves, without them, there will be no event.

"To first have grassroots events, we must first have competitors." (yes, you can quote me on that)

suzie

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
no case lah...not to worry. hahaha..like i dont know the Ah Fai...ahahah i am sure he is the motorshow checking out the gals ....as usual...ahahahhahah

anyways, its sad that sponsors are shying away. without them , no event, then end up no competitors.. gary is right, we need more competitors..how to find..?

nowadays even the rallies, are loosing competitors...someone better do something to revive it...the organization is ok, no problems there..only not enough competitors...to make it..

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Should organise grassroots rallying. I'll sure be there one! Rallying is just too expensive for amateurs mate.

Even grassroots circuit events. Damn, I'd so want to participate!

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
we need more competitors..how to find..?

i think advertisement such as banners of any other stuff to keep the public aware 1 or 2 weeks before the event other than online....
just a suggestion....

suzie

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
i think clement has a point. but we already have a website, so dont think we need a banner..going. we dont have money to do any advertisement. we only rely on the community to spread the word..:shocked:

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
neh... its not free... you have to buy 1 page of ad.. to get 1 feature story (which last I know of was 3 pages)... :)

by the way.. just want to double check something.. what category would my car fall under? Thanks in advance..

Philip

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
blur: I think what thteh meant was the page where they list all the automotive websites..same goes to traffic mag too..I think its free also..

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
website ad wont help much but at least something, the most important thing is how to get the massage to the public for date, venue of the upcoming event, beside spread of word. i believe there is lots of ppl are interested in it.

ketit

Known Member
Feb 17, 2004
bukit mines
Visit site
Gra

I strongly believes that ads and website are good stuff....

BUT the best way?

we go tell people, promote through mouth, teh tarik session etc...(mana ada susah)

Ian-for you I am willing to do so.....GRA rocks!
Anyone with me????:regular_smile:

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
ketit said:

BUT the best way?

we go tell people, promote through mouth, teh tarik session etc...(mana ada susah)

after tell them already, put... "under ketit" ahahahahahahahaha!!!

VictorGR

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
ketit said:

BUT the best way?

Am I suppose to agree with u:Not_Impressed:

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
faisal said:
Self proclaiming yourself leaders for having a Novice category in a Grassroot Level event?? a bit of a case beating your own drums don't you think....

I think you misunderstood my English. I do not agree with you but question your calling GRA "Leaders in Grassroot Motorsports". Organise more and better AutoX /Drift/Grassroot events, before proclaiming yourself leaders...

If I remember correctly there was only A single Novice award for the top novice in each class. Which is massively different from a "Category". Grassroot level motorsports is already mostly for entry level, meaning mostly novices.

Ian, since '05 most R3 Drift and TA are AAM sanctioned. Not just at the last round.

As to sponsors why don't you share your sponsors since you have so many? BF-G/Nando/RedBull etc etc.
Personally, I don't think it matters who is the leader, etc. If you look at our modern day advertising, everyone wants to claim to be the leader in something. Best example, toughest car. Really? Tougher than Volvo? Why doesn't anybody argue that point?

Come on guys, instead of looking at semantics, let's put our effort into making the events better and more fun. How would a newbie feel if all he saw when he logged onto our sites and found us arguing on semantics?

Personally, I think I would feel like this is just a place where people come to argue and is not a place where we can develop the close friendships that have come about as a result of our common interest.

VictorGR

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
wow, Hawke after so long finaly u back in action, so when wana let me see your new car in action. I'm so eager to see it

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Have anybody have experience changing a 2jz gte vvti engine block with 1jz gte non vvti block.
Beside the complete engine block what other part I need to change?

My current car is an aristo aka lexus GS300 came with 2jz gte vvti twin turbo and the reason I want to do this is to save money from the expensive roadtax. Currently paying for 2K+ and will be reduce to 800 if I change the block.

If possible share with me the pros and cons after changing the 1jz engine block.

Please...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience