Suprima S

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Oh! have not tried the rubber band CVT, mine is chain link
I think chain also have the "rubber band" feeling. The Inspira is chain if i am not mistaken. The transient response is just not direct.

OCH = Oil Cooler Hose, CFE engine most popular issue, the hose will burst. Till today still no solution from Proton yet, have to change the hose every 40,000 kilometer. :laugh:
LOL.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Oh, i just get the car for 2 week and i also already claim all the thing above except OCH and BCM(i have no idea what is this) :confused:
. I think is common issue for Suprima haha ! :rofl:

Do your sister SS so far have problem with the gearbox?

Indeed, is a good car overall. :congrats::congrats:
nope, gb is tip top.
then again mileage is well below 100k km and her right foot is made from natural human substance unlike most of us..made from lead.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
watch out in the future tho after a year or two you'll have problems with the brake sensor. when that happens, you can't engage your gear. my friend's preve kena oredi few times.
Too much drama lah. Brake sensor where got anything to do with gear selector. If you mean the solenoid that keeps the gear locked in P, that can be over-ridden.

With regards to gear selector issue, I dont think it's just a Proton issue. There's a plastic bush that secures the selector linkage. Due to forceful changing of gears, this plastic bush may break and the linkage will fall out. If unfortunate enough for that to happen, just open the center console and slip the linkage back on. Plastic bush can be bought from spare part shop for a few ringgit. Just tell them it's the same bush for Perodua vehicles.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Too much drama lah. Brake sensor where got anything to do with gear selector. If you mean the solenoid that keeps the gear locked in P, that can be over-ridden.

With regards to gear selector issue, I dont think it's just a Proton issue. There's a plastic bush that secures the selector linkage. Due to forceful changing of gears, this plastic bush may break and the linkage will fall out. If unfortunate enough for that to happen, just open the center console and slip the linkage back on. Plastic bush can be bought from spare part shop for a few ringgit. Just tell them it's the same bush for Perodua vehicles.
Or they could have used a PU bush and avoided the "breakage" all together. I feel manufacturers are stupid when they decided to save a few cents, where they could have ensure a part would have lasted forever.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

I believe it only breaks if the driver is lembu about it. In my case, it was a 2 handed forceful pull. I have since then disengaged the solenoid lock.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think chain also have the "rubber band" feeling. The Inspira is chain if i am not mistaken. The transient response is just not direct.
CVT gearing is like that, got delay, revs goes up high then hunt for the ratio then only speed slowly comes.......lol

Han_neversolo

Aug 10, 2018
OCH = Oil Cooler Hose, CFE engine most popular issue, the hose will burst. Till today still no solution from Proton yet, have to change the hose every 40,000 kilometer. :laugh:
Not sure whether install a stainless steel OCH + oil catch tank will solve their turbo issue. I have seen suggestion from Suprima/Preve fb group, some ppl installed these 2 to prevent oil build up in the turbo and of course, you will need a very strong force to make the stainless steel burst :laugh:

And of course you will lose the warranty too...

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

i dont know. my friend kena SC said brake sensor. she can shift, but when rev the gear doesnt engage. free rev 2k rpm saja. hahaha

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
Not sure whether install a stainless steel OCH + oil catch tank will solve their turbo issue. I have seen suggestion from Suprima/Preve fb group, some ppl installed these 2 to prevent oil build up in the turbo and of course, you will need a very strong force to make the stainless steel burst :laugh:

And of course you will lose the warranty too...
Yeah , OCT is a must for CFE engine. I will install it after my first service :rock:
For OCH so far still no solution. The stainless steel OCH still under development by pomen bawah pokok.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Yeah , OCT is a must for CFE engine. I will install it after my first service :rock:
For OCH so far still no solution. The stainless steel OCH still under development by pomen bawah pokok.
iinm zordaq already develop one. the OCH. or maybe some other workshop. but i did saw the post before.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i dont know. my friend kena SC said brake sensor. she can shift, but when rev the gear doesnt engage. free rev 2k rpm saja. hahaha
Sounds like her bush was damaged. Linkage hasn't dropped out but there's looseness when selecting gears. When slotted into what appears to be D, she must have remained in N. When in N, engine will only rev to 3K. Only need to glance at the meter cluster to see which gear is engaged.

I believe the bush on it's own, is tough enough for normal usage. Problem arise when starting the car's with a weal battery, you may hear tak tak tak sound from the gear selector. I suspect the voltage dip caused locking solenoid to temporarily seize up. So, some people managed to start the engine but couldn't move out of P. Hence in their alarm, resorted to 2 handed pull to move out from P. It's more of a solenoid issue rather than the bush

Solenoid seize may be resolved by stopping the engine and unplugging the car's battery for several seconds.

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
iinm zordaq already develop one. the OCH. or maybe some other workshop. but i did saw the post before.
Yeah i saw that post also before, but if not mistaken only few OCH were make by Zordaq because they wanted to test it first but then i think the test failed. I send my previous car to Zordaq to service and i saw that they are still changing original Proton OCH for CFE customers.

I think if change the OCH every 40k follow what proton suggest then it should be fine, the OCH is only cost around 160.

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
Sounds like her bush was damaged. Linkage hasn't dropped out but there's looseness when selecting gears. When slotted into what appears to be D, she must have remained in N. When in N, engine will only rev to 3K. Only need to glance at the meter cluster to see which gear is engaged.

I believe the bush on it's own, is tough enough for normal usage. Problem arise when starting the car's with a weal battery, you may hear tak tak tak sound from the gear selector. I suspect the voltage dip caused locking solenoid to temporarily seize up. So, some people managed to start the engine but couldn't move out of P. Hence in their alarm, resorted to 2 handed pull to move out from P. It's more of a solenoid issue rather than the bush

Solenoid seize may be resolved by stopping the engine and unplugging the car's battery for several seconds.
Yeah yesterday i talk to my sister because she have this issue previously and she said that the issue is the bush. SC change the bush and it working fine. nothing to do with brake sensor. Hope SS wont have this problem .

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

then SC guy give wrong info. haha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day to to all the Sifusss, please help me on this, my w124 is shaking left right like sitting in the boat, it happened when cornering and sometimes on bumping road..i changed new 4 new absorbels and 4 new tires but still the same. any idea how this could happen? Please help. Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience