[DIY] Automatic Gearbox Cooler

g9000z

May 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Long time no updates, busy with works.
Last weekend go ask around for this mod, but seems like need some workaround just like vr2turbo said, to tap the oil line and route it to the oil cooler.

I decided to put off this mod since its quite a complicated and not many foreman is familiar with hyundai.
The oil cooler that I have bought, I think will just give my dad as a present for his diesel Unser (2L engine) hope it will help the old engine.
If my gearbox really kong, I think will just convert to manual :driver: or transplant a new engine lah.

Thanks all sifu for guiding me in this thread, I will continue my 'adventure' in this forum. :biggrin:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
An easier alternative would be to send your radiator to get it coated with the Thermal Dispersant Coating (TDC) and then use a better oil, like the EVANS waterless (which has been discussed). But i am not sure if this method would work better or as good as a stand alone cooler. And also, cost wise, not sure if it would be more expensive than the cooler (plus installation) itself....

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
The Evans already cost a lot.......hhahahha
Evans is RM900 as discussed previously.

TDC is around RM700 depending on the radiator size but should be quite standard....

So ESTIMATED total RM1600.....

Not sure if it is cheaper than getting a stand alone cooler (plus all the installation parts and labor) and also not sure if it does work better than a stand alone, but it sure is MUCH less of a hassle than getting a stand alone.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Evans is RM900 as discussed previously.

TDC is around RM700 depending on the radiator size but should be quite standard....

So ESTIMATED total RM1600.....

Not sure if it is cheaper than getting a stand alone cooler (plus all the installation parts and labor) and also not sure if it does work better than a stand alone, but it sure is MUCH less of a hassle than getting a stand alone.
That's no way cheap.

Take my Nissan for example -

1. Custom plate to bypass ATF warmer RM280
2. Brand new ATF cooler RM450
3. Installation and hoses RM100
4. Some fluid topup depends. If you're already due for a ATF service then everything would have been drained anyway.

Not even RM1k la. Your 1.6k is insane!

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
That's no way cheap.

4. Some fluid topup depends. If you're already due for a ATF service then everything would have been drained anyway.

I say im not sure if is cheaper mah.....Coz some ATF cooler expensive also mah....

Then what you think about the cooling performance for the way i suggested?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I say im not sure if is cheaper mah.....Coz some ATF cooler expensive also mah....

I think standalone cools better since it is separate....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I dunno man.

One cools more efficiently, the other helps cool things down even more. Either way probably will work I guess. But I'm with VR2Turbo on this - separate cooler probably works better.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I dunno man.

One cools more efficiently, the other helps cool things down even more. Either way probably will work I guess. But I'm with VR2Turbo on this - separate cooler probably works better.

Noted.

I think this option is for those whose car is a hassle to install a ATF cooler. Like mine. Where the ATF is recirculating inside the GB and through the heat exchanger built in. If wanna do stand alone, have to custom made an adaptor and all other parts to get the ATF out and flow into the cooler.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Like very complicated the Atos but If can see see should be able to do it. Too bad my old Atos is MT so I don't know how AT atos hose goes around.

alwinnng

Sep 22, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
That's no way cheap.

Custom plate bypass atf warmer is for what one a?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a question, not spam.

Electric Superchargers from Shoreline Technologies, the only quality Supercharger on the net!

The theory around these devices is to run an electric fan to create the compression - of up to 1psi. This "fan" sits just behind the air filter.

The idea of an electric fan capable of adding 30HP to a Honda civic (as per link) is rather ridiculous to me but I am not a tuner.

Turbos...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience