changing suzuki swift m15a auto to manual.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If there's too many problems in changing auto to manual, then might as well sell it off and get a manual car then.
Like a satria gti. :D
But ive grown into loving this 1.5l slow but steady mostly-driven-by-ladies car. The amount of bahan i got from driving this car from my friends, horrible. But i still love it. I know how to handle it. Sad that i cant change the gearbox to make the driving more interesting without worrying about the maintenance. Sigh.

Not gna sell it. Keeping it for its sentimental value. Now kumpul duit beli kereta manual je lah. Thank you sifus. :bow:
The Swift is quite a decent car, I agree as I use it daily :D

But I have to say, it belongs to my wife...:rofl:

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Kalau engine swap to 1.6 kena jpj certified true copy right? dont hv kaki to tolong me with that. Then mounting problems. Just want the MT. Then pandai2 turbo kecik with forged internals.
Stock swift so slow :cry: A true lady car. Even gf bahan me already after reading pwhyze's comment. Sigh. Must change overall look of the car also la like this. Bring on the greddy body kits yo.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Changing AT to MT also need to go Puspakom inspection and JPJ endorsement...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I dont understand why people care about losing to myvis. Power to weight ratio is huge with the swift being a heavier car. And who cares if you lose? The satisfaction of the mod comes from how the car makes you feel. Not if you lose to a myvi or not.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I dont understand why people care about losing to myvis. Power to weight ratio is huge with the swift being a heavier car. And who cares if you lose? The satisfaction of the mod comes from how the car makes you feel. Not if you lose to a myvi or not.
Ego... most boys have ego bigger than brains.. only when one grows old like yourself become wiser.

cabutz.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

really? gaddamnit i did not know that :bawling: then must find kaki la like this. swap m16 terus la. become a sleeper swift :biggrin:
How to Endorse Your Change of Engine with JPJ & Puspakom Inspection

Honestly, you are better off selling the Suzuki Swift and buy Swift Sport.

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I dont personally care about 'winning' against other cars on the road. i just want to have an amazing driving experience, more towards the cornering/touge kind of stuff. big engine no handling no fun meh. drag can la but why go on a straight line when there are mountain/country roads that are amazing to drive on. dropping gear before hitting a corner, hearing the engine roar to the redline, better feeling than drugs imo :biggrin: :driver:

Are you sure that we need to endorse with changing auto to manual?

Portal Rasmi Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan Malaysia <---read here

read under PENGUBAHSUAIAN KENDERAAN PERSENDIRIAN
I think you need to google translate it to english as this forum doesnt approve bahasa kebangsaan.kekekeke:driver:
wah no need to endorse eh?

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
I dont personally care about 'winning' against other cars on the road. i just want to have an amazing driving experience, more towards the cornering/touge kind of stuff. big engine no handling no fun meh. drag can la but why go on a straight line when there are mountain/country roads that are amazing to drive on. dropping gear before hitting a corner, hearing the engine roar to the redline, better feeling than drugs imo :biggrin: :driver:

wah no need to endorse eh?
Thats what i read,ive change my auto to manual conversion like 4 years ago, and still have not endorsed it.

hehehehe.thank god if the statement is true

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Are you sure that we need to endorse with changing auto to manual?

Portal Rasmi Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan Malaysia <---read here

read under PENGUBAHSUAIAN KENDERAAN PERSENDIRIAN
I think you need to google translate it to english as this forum doesnt approve bahasa kebangsaan.kekekeke:driver:
You are right. Apparently in 2012 the requirement to check for gearbox swap "dimansuhkan".

That being said, you might still want to inform your insurance panel to update, and also do puspakom to update geran @ JPJ to avoid any complications should the need to claim insurance arises. For most cars, I believe (M) or (A) is stated in geran.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
You are right. Apparently in 2012 the requirement to check for gearbox swap "dimansuhkan".

That being said, you might still want to inform your insurance panel to update, and also do puspakom to update geran @ JPJ to avoid any complications should the need to claim insurance arises. For most cars, I believe (M) or (A) is stated in geran.
is it true that they stated the transmission in the geran? because ive search up and down left and right. It doesnt say anything about the transmission.

and i also renew my insurcae with kurnia.it doesnt say anything about the transmission as well. the previos insurance does say so.

hermm.....owh btw theres a news stated that the insurance price will be up 15% after 15th febuary. Better to update now,no harm anyway,if you dont to sell your car in the future.hehe

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
is it true that they stated the transmission in the geran? because ive search up and down left and right. It doesnt say anything about the transmission.

and i also renew my insurcae with kurnia.it doesnt say anything about the transmission as well. the previos insurance does say so.

hermm.....owh btw theres a news stated that the insurance price will be up 15% after 15th febuary. Better to update now,no harm anyway,if you dont to sell your car in the future.hehe
One geran for example: Myvi 1.3 EZi (Auto). Cover note on insurance says Perodua Myvi 1.3EZi(A) Hatchback.

I guess you can just update by informing insurance company. Not sure tho.

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
So dont have to go to jpj lah if change AT to MT? Woot. But with all the problems of changing the gb, then no thank you lah.
Planning on getting an ETC instead. Is the '08 suzuki swift drive by wire? I searched but im not sure if it is.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So dont have to go to jpj lah if change AT to MT? Woot. But with all the problems of changing the gb, then no thank you lah.
Planning on getting an ETC instead. Is the '08 suzuki swift drive by wire? I searched but im not sure if it is.
Look in the engine bay, look for the throttle cable lor. If it's not there it's DBW. But most new cars these days are DBW no?