Planning to get BMW 118i ..

aprilstucked

Feb 1, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Does anyone here wanna get BMW 118i sport series like me ? Well, I read about the speed and spec all. This is my first time fond of a sport car.
But seeing the price of RM190k, I feel hesitated now. With my salary of RM 7k per month, am I fit enough to own this car ?
I currently single and only commitment is my house and car loan.
Sharing is caring. My dream car speed prformance.
BMW 118i Sport Performance: Peak power of 170hp at 4,800rpm from same 1.6-litre engine; peak torque of 250Nm at 1,500rpm-4,500rpm
(Top speed = 222kph; 0-100kph = 7.2 seconds; same fuel consumption and emissions as 116i)

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
RM7k before or after deduction of EPF SOCSO TAX bro.? If RM7k after deduction then it MIGHT be fine.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Very little BMW for a lot of money. Why not a used 335? Way more BMW for the cash

anne112

Aug 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i think your salary is sufficient to own the BMW118i sport series lah! although will be quite hard for you if plus the other expenses, yet it is still possible. btw, the maintenance fee for this car is real high, and the car value depreciate very fast one, the second value is low.
for me, i wont go for such luxury car la unless got enough money lo. but i would rather choose to invest on property ler.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
great fun car, torqi, great chassis.....FR

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Does anyone here wanna get BMW 118i sport series like me ? Well, I read about the speed and spec all. This is my first time fond of a sport car.
But seeing the price of RM190k, I feel hesitated now. With my salary of RM 7k per month, am I fit enough to own this car ?
BMW 118i Sport Performance: Peak power of 170hp at 4,800rpm from same 1.6-litre engine; peak torque of 250Nm at 1,500rpm-4,500rpm
(Top speed = 222kph; 0-100kph = 7.2 seconds; same fuel consumption and emissions as 116i)
Do strike a balance between owning your dream car & stressing yourself out every month with the instalments, annual insurance & routine maintenance.

Car value depreciates greatly especially the first few years, unless your are 100% sure you can keep it for a long time else if you want to sell later, the selling price may not be able to cover your loan amount.

How much you intend to pay for D/P or how much of loan you intend to take? If not mistaken, monthly repayment > 1/3 of salary would be quite hard to get approval.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Don't be hasty.. even you can pass the loan, you will not be able to enjoy your car and other things.. because of the tight budget, you will drive slow to save fuel (which means you won't be enjoying the ride).. then skimp on spending on quality things (like using cheap tints, cheap chinese tires etc.)

Get a cheaper car as a start (say, a used Mk6 Golf GTI with few yrs warranty left).. work harder and in 3-4 years time, you might be able to buy 125i instead.. more oomph!

mini90

Banned
Aug 22, 2011
Alor Setar
can i ask whether do u hold any Citibank credit card now?? if yes, then u can win the BMW from the contest which they are currently running. firstly, enroll yourself online or via SMS. this is their website: https://www.citibank.com.my/english...x.html?icid=BN2_CC_HM_CARDWIDECAMPAIGN_191113 must read all the T&C first!
then just spend regularly with your Citibank credit card during the contest period, swipe RM50 with your card to get the ticket. The more transaction u got, the higher chance to get more tickets la!
then u can stand a chance to win a BMW 118i Sport Line, OSIM uInfinity Massage Chair, Samsung GALAXY Note 3, American Tourister 25" Spinner and cash voucher. awesome prize huh

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Don't be hasty.. even you can pass the loan, you will not be able to enjoy your car and other things.. because of the tight budget, you will drive slow to save fuel (which means you won't be enjoying the ride).. then skimp on spending on quality things (like using cheap tints, cheap chinese tires etc.)

Get a cheaper car as a start (say, a used Mk6 Golf GTI with few yrs warranty left).. work harder and in 3-4 years time, you might be able to buy 125i instead.. more oomph!
A Scirocco 1.4 TSi would also be nice.

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
With RM7k salary. Get a JDM car instead of german. Unless you have an alternative transport(superbike, low cc car) and keep your bmw as weekend car. If its daily driven your going to suffer with a tight budget.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi powerzone...

can u pls advise how much would it be to take out my powerzone cams and install it in another car...then install that cars original cams into mine...

pls advise...

thanks... :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience