What Car ? Why ?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not really familiar with Putra.

If not wrong some honda have got some knocking after fueling RON95, and B16A and 4AGE is no match for SR16VE or SR20VE :biggrin: King of NAs :top: if against K20A i not sure la :rofl:

But 4AGE my friend pump in RON95 is okay. I think most I heard knocking are from Honda cars.
SR16VE not king yet. Must get the SR16VE N1 version only king. :biggrin: But even though the engine is king, must look at other factors also to determine how fast the car is. Kerb weight, weight distribution, ground clearance, type of suspension, gear ratio and etc. Many people praised old Civics for their superb handling. They have double wishbone suspension too. The question now is. can a Sentra with SR16VE N1 win against a Civic EG/EK with B16B/B16A?

K20A out of the category already. That one 2.0cc compared to 1.6cc in SR16VE N1 :biggrin:

4A-GE is nice. And the market price for Corolla with 4A-GE is way cheaper than Civic with B16A, B16B, B18CR. 4A-GE can put trumpet air intake also which looks cool, haha. But trumpet air intake is not suitable in Malaysia I think. :banghead:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
4A-GE is nice. And the market price for Corolla with 4A-GE is way cheaper than Civic with B16A, B16B, B18CR. 4A-GE can put trumpet air intake also which looks cool, haha. But trumpet air intake is not suitable in Malaysia I think. :banghead:
That would depends what transmission to run with trumpet, if it is automatic power loss will be suffered instead. The other way round for manual, significant acceleration improvement. For a naked trumpet, yes not suggested maybe once in a while or track day. Alternatively get filter for each of the trumpet RM1xx-2xx so times four for all. I do have several buddies who runs with naked trumpet all the while, crazy fellas :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SR16VE not king yet. Must get the SR16VE N1 version only king. :biggrin: But even though the engine is king, must look at other factors also to determine how fast the car is. Kerb weight, weight distribution, ground clearance, type of suspension, gear ratio and etc. Many people praised old Civics for their superb handling. They have double wishbone suspension too. The question now is. can a Sentra with SR16VE N1 win against a Civic EG/EK with B16B/B16A?

K20A out of the category already. That one 2.0cc compared to 1.6cc in SR16VE N1 :biggrin:

SR20VE is 2.0L :biggrin:

I can't just say is gonna be faster than the B16A vs SR16VE but a stock sentra with SR16VE Neo VVL on straight, did actually smoked my friend's modded SEG with 4AGE Blacktop.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That would depends what transmission to run with trumpet, if it is automatic power loss will be suffered instead. The other way round for manual, significant acceleration improvement. For a naked trumpet, yes not suggested maybe once in a while or track day. Alternatively get filter for each of the trumpet RM1xx-2xx so times four for all. I do have several buddies who runs with naked trumpet all the while, crazy fellas :driver:
Hmm, what will happen to the engine if it is running constantly on naked trumpet?

SR20VE is 2.0L :biggrin:

I can't just say is gonna be faster than the B16A vs SR16VE but a stock sentra with SR16VE Neo VVL on straight, did actually smoked my friend's modded SEG with 4AGE Blacktop.
Sorry, missed out the SR20VE earlier. :biggrin:

This means SR16VE is more powerful than 4A-GE Blacktop then.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ver 9 WRX STI is better than Evo 8 isn't it?
Hmm not necessarily. Even so Evo VIII should compared against the older WRX V8 while the WRX V9 should be vs the Evo IX. :)

Oh come on. Are we really going to have another Evo vs Scooby argument? Both are big targets for thieves because of the demand. Big demand = big potential thief magnet.
Hahaha, cannot get away from that, whenever both are mentioned as options to choose. Some (such as myself) will pick Evo and of course will state the reasons why, while some others will choose WRX with some other reasons too. As mentioned earlier, the battle will never ends as long as both are still around, hence the argument will also continue. :)

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, Toyota Altezza with 1JZ-GTE is decent. You got the fr configuration on 4 door saloon with the almost bulletproof 1JZ engine.
It can be a daily, weekend, sleeper, drift, TT, touge... even a family car!
Btw, the question of 'which car....?" is really a subjective. Much depend on the individual's purpose / preference and budget.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hmm not necessarily. Even so Evo VIII should compared against the older WRX V8 while the WRX V9 should be vs the Evo IX. :)

Hahaha, cannot get away from that, whenever both are mentioned as options to choose. Some (such as myself) will pick Evo and of course will state the reasons why, while some others will choose WRX with some other reasons too. As mentioned earlier, the battle will never ends as long as both are still around, hence the argument will also continue. :)
Compared to Evo X, WRX STI V9 is better. According to what I saw at best motoring video that is.

I like both Evo and WRX STI very much. But when it comes to a situation where I am allowed to choose only one, then I'm going for WRX STI. But in certain generations, I like Evo more than WRX STI. For example like Evo III and Evo VI TME.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Compared to Evo X, WRX STI V9 is better. According to what I saw at best motoring video that is.

I like both Evo and WRX STI very much. But when it comes to a situation where I am allowed to choose only one, then I'm going for WRX STI. But in certain generations, I like Evo more than WRX STI. For example like Evo III and Evo VI TME.
Yup.. In terms of nimble handling... the STi Ver9 is nicer than the EvoX.
Actually true for Evo9 also, more nimble in the tracks than EvoX.

EvoX is heavy and more timid coming out from the factory. Tamed and have to be unleashed to the wilds...
:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Yup.. In terms of nimble handling... the STi Ver9 is nicer than the EvoX.
Actually true for Evo9 also, more nimble in the tracks than EvoX.

EvoX is heavy and more timid coming out from the factory. Tamed and have to be unleashed to the wilds...
:rofl:
There is still the monster FQ-400 Evo X that is offered in other countries. :biggrin:
But still, I think some of the weight is caused by the TC-SST transmission. The manual Evo X should be lighter.
By the way johnsonlam, since you're an owner of Evo X, then have you seen or know any other owners who owned manual Evo X in Malaysia? Or no one actually buys the manual Evo X except for the 25 units that our police forces use.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hmm, what will happen to the engine if it is running constantly on naked trumpet?

Sorry, missed out the SR20VE earlier. :biggrin:

This means SR16VE is more powerful than 4A-GE Blacktop then.
They call it VTEC Killer so if VTEC kills 4AGE then.....:biggrin:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
There is still the monster FQ-400 Evo X that is offered in other countries. :biggrin:
But still, I think some of the weight is caused by the TC-SST transmission. The manual Evo X should be lighter.
By the way johnsonlam, since you're an owner of Evo X, then have you seen or know any other owners who owned manual Evo X in Malaysia? Or no one actually buys the manual Evo X except for the 25 units that our police forces use.
I seen 2 Manual on Sale.
But those I know so far all SST... Including Ralliart Lancers...

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Actually if you are only driving around clean compound then it will be fine. Imagine running on gravel with naked trumpet, you prompt to chance dust, dirt, debris, etc to be sucked into the engine sure don't want those to be inside your engine. Worst case what if water :biggrin: :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello to all sifoos out there...

i am driving a wira with 4G93t gsr... ecu no. 5660....i have noticed that my car didnt have speed cut..

wat bugging me is that... everytime i pass 180km/h.. i didnt know how fast i go.. instead telling lies like " i think my car go 190-200 edi.... hehehhehe (and afraid being lanci)" so i guess i wanna be a good boy and have a RSM to tell my speed... ok here comes the dillemma...

instead buying RSM... shud i get AFC neo???.. because mebbe later i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience